My friend wants to sell me these used PC parts for $170. Is this a good deal? I don't have a PC yet. AMD A10 5800k

My friend wants to sell me these used PC parts for $170. Is this a good deal? I don't have a PC yet. AMD A10 5800k
Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H
Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze ATX psu
Cooler Master N200 Micro atx Mid tower case

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/yqkD8K
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>AyyMD
>Gigashit
to the trash it goes

So it's not a deal then?

this desu

gigabyte is nice man. they dont plaster their motherboards with heat sinks and paint them heaps of random colors. plus the backup bios thing was a pretty good idea

Is there RAM or a hard drive involved? If not, that sucks. You can do better new.
Even if it comes with RAM and a hard drive it's not terrific. It's throwing money at a very mediocre system with poor upgrade options and not even getting a deal on it.

Should I go back to school this year and do my momma proud?

Somebody build me a decent PC for $350

am i gay?

I have gigabyte mobo and gpu
literally the worst shit ever, gpu is almost non-overclockable for no reason, and mobo software (so I can change uefi settings without rebooting) creates bluescreens every time I try to open it

>decent
>$350

wew lad you need to spend just a bit more like 400-500 shekels and you will have something decent

400 the literal most

What's your Craigslist?

currently overclocking my 4790k on a gigabyte motherboard. can confirm that either your motherboard is defective, or you are.

rolling for rx 480

400 can get you a decent set up compared to the one in ops post for sure

Are those parts good for a start though?

see

Does she still love me?

Have a gigabyte mobo and gfx, both easily OC well. :^)

i wouldnt get amd cpu

i have amd fx 6300 and i think it is shittier cpu than my old amd phenom

i do like amd gpu though

So are those parts a good start for the money?

>apu
do not want

Only if he sucks your dick with that!
That second hand desktop crap better be cheap or I'll even request he give me a salad toss while you fuck him in the ass & I'M NOT EVEN GAY, I 'm just trying to get the man paid.

>wew lad
wew lad yoself, if used parts you can make a decent desktop

What parts do I need other than listed

>AMD
>purposely waiting to buy a cuck tier poorfag card

literally fuck off with this shit, the 1080 is the most powerful card literally ever made, and it would be a mistake not to buy it. Thanks to BASED Nvidia, you can get an unmatched power from a single card that outperforms any shit tier AMDrone cuck card, especially the fucking firehouse fury, and there's literally no excuse for not buying a superior Nvidia card. Also any jelly AMDrone cuck that tries to rebute this needs to fuck off, one: there's no argument for superiority, two: AYYMD opinion dis""Carded""... Also don't expect anything near as good from AMDrone, the 490x? more like the 490nothankyou

>inb4 muh powerdraw
>inb4 muh temps
>inb4 muh powerdraw

fuck off, there is nothing from with a 450 watt TPD, and 100C is a temp the card was tested to run at, so it literally doesn't fucking matter.

if you're gonna go used, use newegg refurbished or some shit. it's guaranteed in working order and comes with a limited warranty

I mean do you really think your friend is gonna give your money back if you buy from him, get the rest of what you need and find out his shit don't work?

>used parts
yes
>bought from individuals
no

>bought from individuals
Yes

theres nothing wrong with buying used components unless the previous owner abused them imo

you have no guarantee that it works though, and if it's busted then good luck getting your money back/say goodbye to friendship if you bought from friend

also wondering about buying a 480

Meet some place with a plug. I've brought my desktop into a McDonalds to check a part before.

Amd cpus are fine if you overclock amd gpus suck cocks.

It's okay for $170.

i never had problems with their gpus really

Literally the opposite is true.

AMD CPUs are garbage and the GPUs are good.

Here you go. It'll play CS:GO no problem.

>comes in fifty bucks under budget
nice
>apu
not so nice

Do you have peripherals such as, mouse, keyboard, monitor? Or do those factor into the budget as well?

pcpartpicker.com/list/yqkD8K

Should I kill suicide to be with my waifu Maki in the anime world?

>cpu for gaming
>not a g3258

I was just about to reply that I wouldn't actually get the Athlon setup I posted. Was just trying to get the best for $350 or under.

>gaming on non hyper thread dual cores

Do I go to church with mommy

>implying you need hyperthreading for gaming

you do know that hyperthreading doesnt magically give you more cores right? it just means that each core can perform 2 tasks simultaneously. so say you had 2 tasks to perform, that required equal amounts of processing power, it would take you the same time to do them single threaded on one core as it would take to do them multi threaded on one core, since the multi threaded core can only do each task at half the speed.

most games benefit from single core performance anyway, so having hyperthreading in this case isnt really useful, and considering that the g3258 overclocks to around 4.2Ghz then it makes it a much better purchase than that i3 processor

1) That's not how hyperthreading works
2) Some games will literally not launch if they detect you have insufficient processing power (read, a dual core)

Name one game that does this

most games only use 2 cores anyway. this shit is faster than most notebook processors (read, a dual core), which still manage to run plenty of games anyway. i do realise that games cant detect when a cpu is overclocked, but they dont stop you from running it altogether, they just warn you that it might be slow.

>most games only use 2 cores anyway

This isn't 2011.

Sure they can use more, but they still prefer fewer, faster cores over many slow ones

should i listen to satan?

Will I finally get a GF this year?

So a case/mobo/cpu/psu for $170.

Guess it's FINE but the hardware is garbage why bother. Also look up the prices individually and skim some 30-50% off and see if it makes sense.

Also, the PSU is not enough for a GPU unless it's the 480 [[[power spiked]]]

will britain become a shithole after brexit?

Is Sup Forums full of Sup Forums cancer and retards from reddit?

did a girl pass you up last night? There's no mention of a video card you dumb fucking beta.

Go to /fit/