Will this browser ever get good again? I'm using it right now, and it's just sluggish...

Will this browser ever get good again? I'm using it right now, and it's just sluggish. the catalog of a board takes like 30 seconds to fully load

That's most certainly a problem on your end.

On first load ~10s, now it loads even faster.

Also i reckon my local cloudflare node is in stockholm and i am in helsinki.

delet system 36 and fuck off

Nope. Mozilla isn't even a software development organisation any more, it's a social justice and minority outreach charity.

Firefox gets slower as time passes, I have noticed this too.

t. web developers who has all browsers.

I've noticed really long catalog load times when using HTTPS Everywhere.
The plain HTTP version loads a lot faster for me, but I still use the secure version out of principle.
Also, I've heard people complain about Firefox stability, but it's been rock solid for me at least while running it on Linux. Windows seems to be a different story.

Catalog takes 5.82s for me to load completely.

also using https here.

Probably not its about time for a complete rewrite

well.. that's kind of what they're doing with servo, no?

next major firefox iteration is going to be chromium based.
they already announced that.
so id imagine it to get a bit better to some degree.

Wait, aren't they moving to Chromium?

Where the hell do you people hear this shit? No they're not doing that they have no plans to do anything like that.

The organization that strives to be the guardian of free speech is also one that removes that right from individuals they don't agree with.

Are we talking about Google? Mozilla doesn't have any way to remove free speech.

Works just fine for me.

Slow but background playback makes it worthwhile.

>another false claims thread
you guys are running out of straw man arguments again arent you?
tell your samefriend fag to suck your dick during the downtime, then change positions

Why is it so slow?
Mine loads in under a second fully. Feels nearly instant.

>what is caching

Firefox sucks but you don't need to make up shit when it there is already enough bad shit about that is real.

Specifically went to a board which I had never visited to test this.

Would you rather use the botnet?

>muh botnet
There's no way to avoid it anyway so why not use a fast browser like Chrome instead of some slow shit like Firefox?

Are there any web browsers right now with the overall feel of Web 1.0 with none of the issues that was IE5?

Opera feels like Web 1.0 most of the time.

catalog takes ~10 sec here on pale moon on a 10 year old pentium laptop

SeaMonkey.

>the catalog of a board takes like 30 seconds to fully load
It takes 12 seconds for me. I tried a board I haven't been to (/hm/), in private browsing.

This does feel Web 1.0.

>Embrace the botnet, there's no escaping it goyim!

/this
i'm sad what it's turning into and who it's run by, but it's still the best of all the shit browsers that I can choose from, even though it's shit itself

I still use it but only because of addon support and treestyle tab is great. I haven't found any other extention for any other browser that works as well. Opera used to have this feature but i think it was removed.

what the fuck you talking about?

Im on FF 47 x64, with 40 addons installed, multiple userscripts and usterstyles, and using appchan-x.

Catalog loads in like a half of second.

gtfo

I have to kill it every 2 or so days because I tend to open many tabs when I fap but other than that I still prefer it to every other browser.

GNU IceCat.

Made the switch a week ago and things are looking up. Being a freetard isn't so bad.

>Firefox with the pictures changed and a shit ad blocker preinstalled
nice