3 days

3 days.

I can't wait.

We'll have one "well that performed about as expected" thread and everyone can shut the fuck up and buy what works for them

tomorrow actually

When do the non-reference coolers start being revealed and released?

Also are all of the 'rumors' of the 480 using too much power and being MEH real?

My R9 280x just broke, so that is decent timing i guess.

Will there be drivers?

i just want to see the benchmarks, then wait 1 or 2 years, then buy it
but im somehow hyped for the release

why do I always see only the blower version everywhere

would expect MSI, asus, sapphire to show us their goods

prolly amd stopping them from doing so.

Mid-July for custom cards.

And the card is entirely meh, about 390X performance, just using a lot less power. But then it was never advertised as anything more than that. Retards and false flaggers trying to talk it up so that they can say it's a massive disappointment when it doesn't match the 1070 for half the price.

Non-reference cards have already been shown to people in the know (the guy who runs OcUK has confirmed that he's seen them), but I guess they're holding them back so as not to put people off buying the reference model at launch.

Rumors that are real:
>Less than 100w~ at the stock 1266 Mhz
>8gb model isnt 250, it is 230 dollars
>it stays at abou 69-71 under full load (stress test)
>The blower design isnt shit this time
>The the 1060 ish mhz one on the leaked benchmaeks was an early sample and underperformed, but the retail one will be 1266 mhz out of the box with overclocking up to 1.3-1.4 ghz
>Soft touch matte plastic on top like a nexus 5 or a thinkpad
>It outperforms the 980 in arbitrary stuff and benchmarks were none of the cards have any kind of optimization let alone im dx12

Unconfirmed rummors:
>The ones that can clock to 1.6 ghz and stuff are being binned for the AIB partners
>At said clocks it is on par with a 980ti

I dont even play games other than counter strike go and light stuff but it looks good for rendering and compute.

Why would anyone buy a reference card?
And why the fuck would anyone pre order a graphics card?

AMD can't even put out a competitive offering as per usual. Guess I'll just get a Founder's Edition GTX 1080 before the excessive demand drives the price up even further.

Because you're an idiot, get the fuck /out/

>AMD SHILLS BTFO
>AMD ON SUICIDE WATCH
>Why haven't you bought the superior GTX 1080 Founders Edition(tm) yet? Then you can play The Way It's Meant To Be Played(tm)!
>The RX 480 fails to beat the GTX 980 in DX11! Do you REALLY think that the industry is going to adopt DX12 or Vulkan? I don't think so! AMD ON SUICIDE WATCH!!!

There I covered 99% of the GPU threads for the next several months.

>they're holding them back so as not to put people off buying the reference model at launch.

AMD is worse than Nvidia in their greed sometimes. Now we're going to have a bunch of people taking apart their cards so they can throw on a custom third party cooler.

Are pre release drivers gimped to enforce the NDA is that a thing they actually do? Can we expect a significant difference? Reviewers are saying they get like 2 days to do their test with the release driver.

Will there be DVI support on some custom models? I dont have DP on my monitor and would like 144hz so a simple adapter wont do.

...Is that wrong for people to disassemble the cards?

>worse than OC'd 970

kek

I'm certain it'll be a lot easier to do than this beast was, so why complain?

No, it's wrong to prevent the third parties from making a better cooler and selling them attached to the card.

Fucking hell i cant wait.

It's the only thing I'm missing from my build. They can't release this Shit fast enough

this.

another tragic offering by amd.

AMD can't even put out a competitive offering as per usual. Guess I'll just get a Founder's Edition GTX 1080 before the excessive demand drives the price up even further.

>At said clocks it is on par with a 980ti
top kek m8

Oh man and when Volta arrives, AMD is so fucking done

>comparing a midrange card to a high end card
k

fucking this. there are no current cards which fully support dx12 unlike what amd fanboys claim. volta will fully support it and beat amd at their own game.

my gtx 670 is ready to be replaced

Nah, just comparing two different cuck cards.

Even by cuck card standards the 480 is pathetic. Can;t even compete with last generation's mid range cuck card offerings?

Pathetic.

SNAKE OIL

MEME CARD

So is the 480 as good as it seems?

A card like that at $200 seems too good to be true. What's the drawback?

They're not preventing them from doing anything. The custom models will be out within a couple of weeks. You'll probably be able to buy a custom 480 before you can buy most custom models of the Pascal cards thanks to Nvidia's fucking paper launch.

I can't wait for all the "fucking pajeet tricked me AGAIN" threads when it under performs and has a 20% failure rate. AMD fags will never learn.

I want to play some modded Skyrim on it
but in the summer, during these 33°C temps?
that feels just wrong
I am guessing I am waiting for the fall, will have gtx1060 to compare

It's pretty good when comparing to older standards.
Other than that it's a pretty average card, however that doesn't mean its bad.

I'm playing it with the Requiem mod, shit's cash, having a lot of fun

why?

No, it's just another meme card

Alright, thanks dude
I dont think I can wait any longer I might just get the reference

It seems it will finally perform between a 390 and 390x. Plenty for always >60fps at 1080p. Given the price of the 1070 I will definitely upgrade my 560ti to a RX480. My fist AMD in a long time but nvidia when full jew on us.

>competitive offering
To what? The 1070/1080? That's not what they were aiming for doofus. Right now Nvidia has NOTHING to offer in that price range. I repeat NOTHING.

Anyone have any input on how bad the reference card cooling will be? I have everything I need for my build but the GPU and I don't feel like waiting another week+ if there won't be a big difference.

I will buy one just because it looks sexy

yes

It's a 110W card. Cooling is not an issue.

afaik on stock it runs around 70C and is pretty silent. in 3 days you will know for sure.

Should I go for the 8gb one if I want to play modded games (such as skyrim, STALKER etc) aswell as open world games with maxed field of view at 1080p?

or would 4gb be enough for Full HD?

>wattage = heat dissipation

What.

if the truth is $200 vs $230 then I see no reason why not

Get the 8GB. If you like such games and modded you will need as much memory as possible if not now for sure in the very near future.

Kyle Bennett was right once again.

HardOCP > Sup Forumsnerds

Go away Kyle nobody believes you since you got burn noticed by AMD

Whether you like it or not this GPU satisfies the needs of 90% of the gamers at a very reasonable price. I bet my ass that nvidia is scrambling to release the 1060 as soon as possible but my guess is that it won't be sooner than October. By that time AMD will have regained a sizable chunk of the midrange market share.

because if nvidia or amd goes full alpha and create the best of the best of coolers what aibs will sell then?

Not sure why people are getting so excited. The 8gb cards will likely be around $300 for the first few months due to price gouging by retailers. And aftermarket cards will obviously cost more. This isn't even taking into account taxes and supply problems that usually happen. Its like nobody on this board has ever lived through a GPU launch before.

kyle the same idiot that said amd wont have a clock bigger than 850 mhz?

or that raja will do a coup and get rtg and leave?

lol i rather believe wccftech or videocardz

I'll probably wait for the aftermarket design cards, or grab a couple of water blocks for the reference card and rip it apart.

>I'll probably wait for the aftermarket design cards

Good luck waiting until September

you should wait for the 6+8 pin version with the beast mode

the 6 pins is clearly asking for power when you overclock it it wont go far enough

The power consumption is much better compared to last gen cards.
The competition is in sales with nvidia, not in performance with other cards or whatever you might be imagining.

Overhypped shit, pic very related

Getting really tired of these threads.

Polaris is supposed to carry the next iteration of GCN stream processors targeting a mainstream audience at a range of $100 to $300.
It was never meant to compete in the higher performance range.
The only real, and I type it loosely, benchmark we have of any Polaris card is the RX480 with Raja at Computex. Doing some numbers here and there, we can expect it to compete or maybe even surpass the 390 and the 970 for $200.
Recent events at E3 show the RX470 and the RX460. The former being cut down Polaris 10 judging from the PCB and the RX460 being Polaris 11. In other words, the RX480 is the highest performing card in the Polaris lineup.

Since they mentioned a range of $100-$300, it puts the RX460 at a $100 and the RX470 at about $150. The latter one is very interesting. If you remember, the 7850 was a pretty cute overclocker and it was cut Pitcarn(Pitcarn PRO). If the RX470 follows, then we might have a nice card that can match the RX480 with a little OC and $50 less, making it a killer at its price.
The RX480 on the other hand is definitely within the last generation of lower high end cards, possibly surpassing them. Benchmarks point to above 390x performance, but I'm personally skeptical about it. It will be another amazing price to performance card.

If you're running anything on or above the 970 or the 390, then I would be waiting for something like Vega or fatter Pascal. The truth is that while the 1070 is an amazing card for its price, it doesn't deliver all of the high frames at 1440p or 60fps on 4K. This lineup of Pascal is very disappointing and it feels like nothing new. Look at the true Pascal line, they're monstrous chips with HBM and all that good shit. We are stuck with these chips that aren't really anything new except a little better than the 980Ti.

Also, reminder that you should WAIT FOR BENCHMARKS. 3 days left, fuck.

I considered upgrading from my 290, but I don't have any trouble running games right now so I won't.

lol the card is clearly competing with 980 not that shit 970...
470 will be on 970 perf with 4 whole gb...(also someone said it will have 8 too..)

This. Not shit but more like a disappointment

this. it's all overhyped garbage.

greek amd shill on suicide watch.

>wattage = heat production

nvidia shill go away

>he shills for free

you are the laughing stock of these threads now. pay your debts before you come back here.

play enderal in 3 days instead

it's true, HBM was overhyped

>amd shills putting in overtime

>buy a 7950 at launch
>get hyped about 28nm
>holy fuck this thing is a space heater
>AMD rehashes the same chip for 3 years
>nvidia also in the business of selling space heaters

Its great 9 months out of the year because Canada, but still, no vydia for 3 months is kind of shitty.

I sure hope the rx470 can replace my 7950 at under 100w.

this picture and post made me laugh way more than it should have

Get water cooling and your room will never be hot again.

nvidia shills belong on Sup Forums

>conservation of energy

Cant wait to toss my 660Ti out the window familias

Water cools the hot chip and doesn't blow out hot air.

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

I genuinely hope you're trolling, for your own sake.

assblasted amdrone shills belong on >>>/reddit/

top kek

umad nvidiot cuck?

enjoying your gimped card?

>purposely waiting to buy a cuck tier poorfag card

literally fuck off with this shit, the 1080 is the most powerful card literally ever made, and it would be a mistake not to buy it. Thanks to BASED Nvidia, you can get an unmatched power from a single card that outperforms any shit tier AMDrone cuck card, especially the fucking firehouse fury, and there's literally no excuse for not buying a superior Nvidia card. Also any jelly AMDrone cuck that tries to rebute this needs to fuck off, one: there's no argument for superiority, two: AYYMD opinion dis""Carded""... Also don't expect anything near as good from AMDrone, the 490x? more like the 490nothankyou

>inb4 muh powerdraw
>inb4 muh temps
>inb4 muh powerdraw

fuck off, there is nothing from with a 450 watt TPD, and 100C is a temp the card was tested to run at, so it literally doesn't fucking matter.

>560 ti
Do I wait for 1070s to come back in stock or grab the unwated 480

>unwated 480
why?

Depends. Do you play 1440p? if yes get 1070 if not get rx480 and save some money for other things.

Good Job Pajeet! AMD has deposited 3 rupees to your account!

>5238 ▶
>

yeah but if the OCed 480 can come close to the 1070, and the 1070 is not available, I'm going to get the 480 OC. Especially if the 1070 is still on most sites for 500$

>AMD is now paying people to shit on their brand

lol JUST, it's truly over for AMD, bankruptcy call when?

I know man, lot of poorfag cucks in Sup Forums though. Wish they'd just bite the bullet and get a console if they can't afford real PC gaming

But I bought it yesterday. Are you a time traveller?

I never bought a Fury card, but I think saying it's shit is going too far. It's not exactly a weak card.

I thought it was more like late July.

I think that GPU would fit comfortably in my new case. :)

They've already said $230 for the 8gb.

Ay can some Nvidiot tell me where this Processor Clock in the bottom graph in ASUS's GPU Tweak is coming from, it sure as hell aint my i5. I mean, GPU clock has its own fucking graph, wth is this "Processor"