/wt/ watch thread

/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtube.com/watch?v=508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.watchuseek.com/f296/casio-killer-detailed-review-pulsar-pw3001-pw3003-picture-warning-3005002.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for penis quartz meme.

my budget is unironically 600k what should i buy

Your grail maybe?

600 000 cheap watches

Some Voutilainen unique piece. Or the FP Journe grand sonnerie.

60000 terrorists.

Oy vey, this is another Shoah! (Wat do?)

Man the thread is slow right now.

Where you the guy that posted that other thread? What about breaking the amount over several watches. You could buy a whole collection.

Who was laurent noodia and why is my Instagram WIS feed blowing up with him

Here's the review of the pw3001 that was requested in previous thread. Good enough to sell me on it.

forums.watchuseek.com/f296/casio-killer-detailed-review-pulsar-pw3001-pw3003-picture-warning-3005002.html

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

If you MUST spend the entire sum, or as close as possible to, on a single watch:
As the other user said, custom Voutilainen / Smith
Patek 5074
AP Tourbillon minute repeater
RM27-01/2 Nadal

I'll suck ya dick for 5 grand

fourteenth for BUILT NOT BOUGHT BRAH

Your bj skills aren't worth 5k and you know it user.

Why you guys not like urban Gentry?

obligatory seastar.

How much did you get it for? I almost bid on a few today? What's your opinion on it?

>not disabling names so that everyone is anonymous to preserver the purity of an anonymous image board

>I almost bid on a few today?

I purchased mine from the older gentleman who lives next to my grandmother. I was helping him set up his yard sale and saw the watch. Still had the hang tag on the strap and sticker on the case back. Paid less than $100.

I love it.

Newest addition checking in.

>watch on hand

>doing his work for him

I have read that it is bad to adjust time by turning minute hand counterclockwise. Now my problem is that my amphibia runs +20secs per day and it has a calendar. Does that mean that everytime i want to adjust time with date to be corect ill need to turn minute hand for all The days in The month?

Who told you that?

What the fuck? You're kidding me.

First for ABC watches
>tfw haven't left home in a week

It's a very well built watch
As a Casio guy the module is kinda weird and crappy compared to a modern casio module but for telling time it's great.
It's been 3 weeks and it's off by about .5 secs from my synced prw 3500.
Currently saving up for an engineer bracelet for mine.
I think this + a nice bracelet is a much better alternative than buying a bruan or ventura digital (if you want a steel cased digital)

Here it is on my tiny bitch wrist
Wears super well

It's either this or save a little and get the casio 5610 with radio and solar.

You think the pw3001 would look nice on a gray nato strap?

It's silver with a black face. It'll probably look good with any color.
Imo I would say go for the pulsar and save a bit for a gw5000. And get a gw5600E + nato adaptors as your rugged watch. Bullbars optional. Maybe a square world time (forgot model # sorry) for a more "dressy" digital.

Nice, I'm saving up for an EZM3. After losing an auction for a Squale, which was more of a "bang for the buck pick", I've decided to just get the diver I really want. Hopefully can snatch one by year end.

Why not go for a Seiko sumo at that price? Or just bump up to tudor?

>Seiko Sumo
Definitely the best value, but 45mm case is massive.
>Tudor
I get MUCH more for the price technology-wise with the Sinn. Also greatly prefer the EZM's aesthetics.

Where did all these richfags come from? I don't mind though, at least we'll have a larger variety in watches, but as I remember /wt/ used to be mostly low- to midrange slav, curry and japshit.

looks great, more pics

i mean, except for the lume pip falling off.

how am i supposed to feel about tangente's design which is not original in one bit but it's a great watch otherwise (and a nice design)

Test me.

Real?

>Pig NATO on glorious watch of the Soviet people

You deserve it.

He's driving a Honda if that means something.

A 2016 Honda Accord euro (not sure out of Australia) is a step down from a bmw or merc

Yes, I think most know.

>Batek Bhillibe
>Beneve

Henry Winston opus 12

Turning counter clockwise is fine, some companies suggest when turning the date wheel backwards to go back an extra day or two then go forward to the correct day to make sure the number is centred in the window

I ordered mine two days ago. How bad is the stock strap?

posted my original nixie watch here a while back and it wasn't too well received, what do you think of the latest model?

>Posting this again, trying to get people's approval

Any wrist shots with it turned on?

The modern case conflicts too much with the era of the electronics. It should be in a 1950's style case, like gold-filled with the shapes and curves of the electric watches of the era, say Accutron or Hamilton Ventura.

mine

took one just for you

before someone says something, it flashes hours and minutes when you tilt the watch towards you

agreed, but it doesn't bother me too much

You ever dual wield them? Be honest now.

Much more aesthetically pleasing. I always thought the concept was neat but that old one was super ugly.

Christ user, I bet these aren't the smallest tubes you could still find.

It looks neat. It is a bit big, but that is definitely expected with a nixie watch.

luckily I sold my old one for most of what I paid for it

there are tubes with smaller numbers but they're viewed from the top and are just as tall. So you get a bigger watch with harder numbers to read, these are pretty much the best compromise.

yes, only once.

what kind of digital watches do you reccomend

It's OK, I didn't hate it but I only tried it for about 5 minutes.

Zeitwerk, dw5600 or kosmonauta

You should feel good about it, I think the Tangente is really beautiful.

I've got a gold one at home, but haven't found a band I like for it.

Is that a watch for a giant or are you a dwarf?

I get so hard from this. And creamy dials

Straps aren't proprietary, you can get or use a different one.

Oh I know, I meant I haven't found the one I like yet.

It's a giant watch. 48mm x 53mm x 16mm

But that's a MODERN size user
Dress watches should also be 42x50mm
t. watch industry

Meanwhile, at a better place in Switzerland..

Shame the date cuts in to the 24 hour subdial

How large is that L&S? I bet if it were in excellent condition no one would think you're wearing a 90 year old watch. Man, Hitler was a real prick for hating on Bauhaus. I wonder what Bauhaus-style Luftwaffe Fliegers would have looked like.

How could he hate Bauhaus? It's literally nazi-tier style.

My favorite, which is going out for warranty work today. Manual mechanical.

>Realistically drawn Hitler vibrates after being hit on the head by a duck, wearing a helmet and shirt, using a wooden mallet

By the looks of it they rotoscoped cartoon Hitler from real footage, up to the point he gets hit.

i think its a womans watch, i found one on ebay thats 23mm :/

I've never seen one this close... Now I understand why WUS derides Marathon as the "lowest bidder government contractor"

Kek

Still looks better than Luminox.

It's probably your fault.

Is that a timefactors strap?

That's a bummer but there is bound to be an occasional lemon in any mass produced thing.

Shit's fucked, yo.

It's a miliary style watch, what exactly were you expecting? It didn't break until I threw it at a cop and it hit his baton.

>I threw it at a cop and it hit his baton
Kek. Sounds like something the cop would say to avoid an excessive force write-up after beating your ass. Was that the statement they forced you to make to get the plea bargain?

Ha. It sounds like it could be quite a story.

Truth is, I work in public safety and I tossed it to him at an emergency scene. Didn't want to contaminate it.

Post watches and alcohol.
[spoiler]Go Italy.[/spoiler]

>Your honor, I did not break the perp's watch with my baton in the process of administering a beating. His watch hit my baton, yeah... How?... Uh, he threw it at me.

>lemon
Why do Englishfags shit on lemons so much, they're delicious.

You can look up the etymology if you want, there's a couple possible origins. A lemon may have at one time primarily have referred to a person, someone stupid that a smarter individual could take advantage of, thereby squeezing/sucking the juice out of him.

I'm pretty sure the word lemon isn't of English/German etimology. There's no trace of those characteristics in my language.

I'm talking about the etymology of the term "lemon" used to describe something defective.

That's not what etimology means. Why are you tripfagging while spouting such bullshit?