/bst/ Battlestation

Last one approaching death
Loving the new Model F, it feels fucking great. If it wasn't for the weird layout I'd consider using it as one of my main keyboards.

Other urls found in this thread:

hightimes.com/read/dab-tech-low-temp-dabs-and-anatomy-flame
brotherswithglass.com/
brotherswithglass.com/Highly-Educated-DualiTi-Domeless-Titanium-Nail-p/bwg-144.htm
brotherswithglass.com/Highly-Educated-DualiTi-Anodized-Titanium-Hybrid-p/bwg-149p.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

early for once

Always liked how your screens look on the desk, and nice big desk mat. I'm not an apple fan however, and as much as I like the feel of the original mechanical keyboards like these, I really can't get on with the layout or missing macros and basic media control etc. Lack of backlighting on them is also an issue for me as I really enjoy using my machines in total darkness.

> I've uploaded this picture a couple times today, sorry if you bst-ers are bored of it now.

I like it man, please mount the Extension lead under the desk and zip tie the cables coming from the back of your PC and it'll be perfect

Thanks mate, funnily enough I used to hate Apple with a passion. I still hate the bullshit they try to pull (like ending support for Mac pro 3,1 and 4,1) but Mac OS is perfect.

Learn how to touch type, then you can type all night without worrying about seeing the keyboard.

What do you do with all your screens?

Top points for the fab-egg dabber and e-nail. Assuming e-nail at least? I like your microphone setup, I'm yet to get a nice desk mic. Your case looks bright as fuck, but maybe that's just the picture. I'd want that turned down or controllable if it were next to me all the time.

always early

post Model F

I can touch-type at 142 WPM ;). Reason I like the back-light is for things like media controls, volume, or if I get up and sit back down I don't need to relocate hands, I can glance down and see. I also have backlighting for games and programs setup, so shortcuts are lit up etc etc.

It's right at the top

damn looks interesting, that huge space bar

Although this is my play rig, I do work and all sorts on it. Editing, video, photography, web design, development, games etc. So at one time, I normally have media playing in center top, CCTV top left, stats and temps, copy dialogs and such top right, then communications such as skype and TS on either bottom side panels, then obviously main panel in center. Generally I don't use all 6 at once, but when something pops up and you need the space - it's glorious not to compromise. Doing design or development with 6 monitors is so lovely.

>Assuming e-nail at least?
Yup, it's actually that black box hanging right beneath the right hand monitor. Currently set to 795F.
Also, the PC isn't nearly as bright in person, sitting right next to it like this is a nonissue, I dont see it out of the corner of my eye and it creates no glare.

Yeah I need to do some cable management, that picture was taken about 10 minutes after I got it all set up.

rack specs, go.

Lovely. I'm a daily smoker but yet to get a dab rig. I'm more lay on sofa and smoke a pipe or J, but I'd love to get a few new pieces. The fabergé is one of the nicest looking percs. I'm jealous!

Monitor model? Looks like a newer job of what I'm running 4 of in my picture above (6 screen fag)

This one is knockoff egg, my friend has a real one though and they are pretty nice (but not $3,000 nice). I paid $45 for this one, plus $200 for the enail. It hit's i'd say ~80% as well as real fab egg, but for a lot less $.

I also have a RooRtech Flush recycler, but it's a bit large to be using daily.

Did you make that desk, or was that purchased? I'm looking for something similar.

I'm going to clean my room out a bit, move my pc and move my air conditioner. I also got actual room now to show my gunpla all from the left and on the right.

Yeah honestly with glass, the knockoff chinese shit is no good, but a few higher quality ones, that are clear rip-offs but still made nice, lets face it - it's a hollow bit of glass, if the craftsmen is good it should be fine. I think sometimes that 20% would only be down to placebo knowing that one is expensive and one isn't. I reckon you got the right one for under 50 bucks and your friend has more money than sense and should be sending some my way.

r8/advice?

>your friend has more money than sense and should be sending some my way.
He's a glassblower and they all suck each others dicks, he paid like $700 for it.

Roast me fellow meme lords.

post 90s battlestations

12 port 24 volt PoE bar -> Ubiquiti AP's

12 port 48 volt PoE bar -> IP Cams

Ubiquiti UniFi gateway pro 4

WatchGuard T10 firewall

TP-Link SG2424 Gb 24 port switch

Buffalo Linkstation NAS for workstation back up

Ooma VoIP

------

There is a server, but it is not on the rack because its a 2 post rack.

Still need a new picture. But without the ultrawide now it's so much less meme-y

For a long time I've wanted to blow glass. Not sure if I could get down on my knees for another however haha ;). Would be glorious to get to a level where you can trade with other well known blowers. Lucky to have a glass blowing friend. You have many pieces from him?

nice dog

Do you have that rad's fan blowing out? If so, you'd probably get nicer temps blowing in and letting it all get out the top. Positive case pressure plus better temp stability.

that feel when your fridge will absolutely destroy your pc's ability to cool effectively.

I have a few small pendants and a bowl or two from him, he doesn't do any HUGE pieces or anything, and the larger stuff he does do he charges a decent bit, even for friends he wants a good $300-500 for a decent 10mm rig. He charges like twice that for other ppl, but still expensive.

Thanks senpai

He is pretty awesome.

Very nice. I had to go check again. I've seen a lot of two post racks but not only have I not seen one from startech before, but that looks sturdy as fuck for a 2-post. Most look like mechano and will die instantly.

Aww shit niggar. ive never thought about that config. i think ill give that a try.

Jesus. At that price, I'd say for friends - it translates to a few days solid work, which I didn't think a piece could take that long. Still though. Nice to have a near-by glass blower. Good if you ever break something and he can repair cheaply for you :)

That's beautiful. Are those your boys?

Eh, I have a little fridge like that. The top doesn't get warm to the touch. All on the back. As long as there's reasonable airflow around it, probably wouldn't make more than 1C or 2C to temps. Remember a small fridge like that will only come on for a few minutes every 15-20 minutes also, so it never stays running enough to get warm.

nah, im more of a windows guy myself

Yeah he does repair work cheap as fuck, had him fix a few things for me already.

i suppose that's true, but its the principle behind it for me :/ other than that i like it.

Seems most don't. Building computers for years and years you get used to back fans blowing out. In cases like yours though, blowing in means cold air always going through CPU rad, and loads of pressure coming out the top. Also means your GPU won't effect CPU temp in the slightest. I've seen others have it completely back to front, with a rad on the back blowing in, nothing on the top, and two front fans blowing out. Strange to feel a gust of wind from the front of a computer, but makes sense in a lot of setups really.

It is pretty sturdy for a 2 post. I have it sitting reversed because I am using shelves.

But I haven't had a single issue with it. I recommend if you are looking for a rack go with startech, super cheap compared to the rest.

I charge my thinkpad on top of mine. At first I was the same thinking it's bad, and kept checking on it, but in over a month I've never felt it anything other than cold on top.

Shame. I'm a windows guy too, but you can't ignore the beauty of those bad boys. I almost bought a non working one just to have as a conversation piece in my room.

I'm the faggot with this rack:
So no 2-post is suitable for what I'm running ;). I really like startech though. They make just about every adapter or converter for inside and out of a computer, and it's brilliant to see them in the home-network and possibly home-server market too.

Really nicely put together. Cheers for the extra images. If I end up running more networking gear, might need one of these to keep it all in. My 42U is already getting full :(

going to do that right now and ill report back later with results at idle and load. ill do a baseline bench first before changes though. thanks again for the suggestion.

No problem. Get some compressed air on there if you've got some. OCCT is a nice tool for tested, as you can set rest times and such, so it'll record idle for 1 minute, then 30 minutes stress, then 1 minute idle etc. Compare them two results not only gives you idle and load temps, but shows a graph of how quickly it gets to temp, and how quickly it drops it too.

how much did you get conned for your industrial ssk

I try not to just fill my rack unless the item provides 100% utility. I can't afford $300 dollar electric bills.

I have a Q6600/8Gb Power MacG5 case converted with Hive kit. Its virtualized and I have Ubiqiti controller, NVR, and some other controllers on it for backup, etc.

That rack is fairly massive mang.

definitely going to use this then. ill make a thread about airflow later with this being the subject then. thanks pham.

Am I early?

tacky wall

$300 electric bills sounds about right ;). Nahh what I'm running probably comes in around the $200 mark. I run a PC shop, so good quality storage and some VMs etc are brilliant for that. The rest of my rack is for personal use, toys, training and just general e-penis bragging.

It's an apartment, Can't do much senpai

oh man I'd love an enail like that. i'm jelly
i burn through propane like its going out of style

>eating mcdonalds in 2016
enjoy your diabetes

It's getting late here (coming up to 12 bongs in britland) but I'll look out for a thread tomorrow :)

thank you!

Here's my shitstation, it's really comfy though. I use integrated graphics.

Should get a butane torch. Propane is full of impurities also gets the nail too hot. You'll taste the dab more and notice a huge difference at lower temps

>hightimes.com/read/dab-tech-low-temp-dabs-and-anatomy-flame

I can't afford that shit senpai..

I have to buy it on credit, and pay interests for life.

you can get a shitty gpu that werks for most situations for 150 burgers tho

>tfw typed out autistic reply about the same shit but elected not to post it.

I already looked into a GPU, my computer is a shitty Dell prebuilt, don't know if the PSU will give it enough energy, also the case is half-height. So, rip me.

I can't stand to let someone do that to their lungs

My idle cpu temp is 26C and my idol gpu temp is 34C only because its overclocked, at stock its idol is 30C. The heatsink on the back of the fridge never even feels warm and the top of the fridge is cool to the touch.

It really doesn't affect anything as far as I can tell.

where is the desk from?

oh jeez man, sorry for your loss

only recently move out of parents house.

rate

according to that article any amount of visable light blackbody radiation from the nail means its too hot, but a lot of the extracts i get, especially the dark colored shatter ones, dont vape at that temp. they do a little bit but they leave lots of residue afterwards. They vape, maybe burn, completely at higher temps, when I can still see a faint glow.

I always dab in the dark so I probably see a bit more glow than a daylight dabber might see, but I could never get some of these dark colored dabs to vape completely at a cooler, non glowing temp.

I've been using a propane torch to a metal nail, it says its titanium but i dont believe it. a buddy of mine deformed the crown a bit using a mapgas torch and I dont think real titanium would have melted at all under mapgas.

I'd reccomend getting a carb cap for a few bucks. Get the nail bright red hot, then allow it to cool off for about 30 seconds. Take your dab then place carb cap on the nail immediately after your dab will vaporize via convection and if it doesn't just shave 5 seconds off your wait time until you get the perfect temp.

And also I'd recommend getting American made medical grade 2 titanium or a quartz nail. Could be some seriously toxic shit your inhaling if it really melted

yeah, thats the first thing on my list.

I even see what looks like tiny flakes of metal in the reclaim that I pulled out of the pipe.

I cheaped out on my first rig, expecting it to break by now. the dubious "titanium" nail doesn't even fit snugly on the glass joint, I'm always afraid its gonna fall off when its red hot and land on my foot. The glass even was bought at a chinkshop and doesn't even percolate through water due to bad design.

I was about to put down some money for a decent wax douche flute but I have concerns over the metal fumes on those too.any experience with those so called vapor pens?

Can you reccomend a good full featured setup? or any online retailers that are good for these things? amazon has some stuff nowadays, and fasttech had lots of chinkshit douche flute parts. I really would like a decent no frills glass waterpipe, a snug titanium nail that fits an enail coil, and an enail setup.

carb cap seems interesting, but everybody else has told me domeless all the way. are those two things mutually exclusive? any other recommendations for products or online vendors?

I think it’s an Ikea Ingo user

SO

I am looking for a mousepad that
>doesn’t have logos
>isn’t shit
>doesn’t, apparently, smell like death

does such a thing exist?

Yes I know no one likes my monitor position.

You're seeking so much approval from people on Sup Forums it's saddening

Yeah, get one of those xtrac ripper things. Mike's lasted 4-5 years or so and still looks brand new.

postan
apologies for the hueg image

I dont like your monitor position either

I want one that doesn’t have logos

>Sag
SAG,SAg,SAg

Are you an owl?

>brotherswithglass.com/
good reputable vendor for american made glass ranging from $40 to over $1000
for the nail highly educated ti domeless they sell adapters for the enail
>brotherswithglass.com/Highly-Educated-DualiTi-Domeless-Titanium-Nail-p/bwg-144.htm
or if you can spend a bit more the quartz dish titanium domeless get the flavor of quartz sturdiness of titanium
>brotherswithglass.com/Highly-Educated-DualiTi-Anodized-Titanium-Hybrid-p/bwg-149p.htm

Hey man thanks for the advice, I'll probably order one up tonight, i'm tired of smoking this flakey ass pot-iron nail.

Dual monitor bros, quick question, which do you use at your main moniter - left or right?

How do you have yours positioned in line with your keyboard? Do you have your main screen directly in front of you with the second monitor at an angle next to it, or both straight infront?

Happy to help, fuck china and their cheap shit

>Do you have your main screen directly in front of you with the second monitor at an angle next to it

Yes. Basically imagine a triple monitor setup and remove the left monitor. That's what my monitors look like.

>monitors not level
>using the same BG image x3
>ample desk space but chose retro tenkeyless keyboard like an unproductive faggot.