What is so special about the Raspberry Pi?

What is so special about the Raspberry Pi?

Why do people love it?

It's not really all that special, it's just cheap and already widely adopted by many people. Lots of operating systems and software support it readily aswell.

Can you run Windows 1.0 on it?

They're powerful enough for servers/streaming devices and such, they're small, and pretty inexpensive (around $35).

Y tho

Just use Windows 10 on a normal computer, whats the point of using these shit mobile computers anyways? I swear to fucking god every time I see some autist try and use these, or ask for help regarding the shit rasberry pi """""computer""""" It makes me step onebday closer to fucking killing myself. I MEAN FUCK, there's literally no valid reason any normal person, or even your normal Sup Forums autist should even consider buying one of these pieces of shit. All this post really shows is OP's ignorance of microcomputing, and what using a computer is for. I mean it just makes ms so mad to see people use a fucking ARM based computer, then expect the peice of shit to actually function, let alone think they can be used for developement based projects. Last is the fucking hipster shit fucks who make """"gaymer""" tier """"emulation"""" """"consoles"""" Thats not only a waste of a shit computer, but a waste time, energy, and recourses.

Literally fucking kill yourself
fucking autists

>Just use Windows
stopped reading there

i hope you didn't actually take the time to type this user lolol

it's popular. popularity = many solved problems, also interesting software. For example, do other arm boards have quite powerful radio transmitter software that uses some kind of ram clock wizardy? I doubt it.

>why is this popular?
>it's popular

well, this is how it works

at first there was some marketing luck, and then it started being popular because it got popular

wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions

It is useful for embedding a computer in hardware projects. I made an arcade table for my living room last year (like pic related) and the Raspberry Pi was perfect.

please tell me you did something with that cable

That's not my setup, but I don't have cables running through the room. Rest easy.

Nothing

Posted from my ChinkPad x220

Buy a stack of these to help the Brits weather Brexit, lads

You'd probably have a heart attack if you walked into the shop I work in.

empty your fucking scrap bins you fucking slob

Only inside of an emulator. Windows 1.0 was not developed for ARM.

Calm down there, assnoid :^)

Nice blog, faggot.

>>>/reddit/

To people who say Raspberry Pi sucks, this is only true if you don't have a purpose for it. You don't buy a football if you want to play tennis either.

Can't even have flash on it...

For $5, you can have a piece of electronics on par with home computers circa 2000 and it's the size of a business card. If you don't recognize why that's cool, you can get right the fuck out. You don't belong here.

/thread

> It makes me step onebday closer to fucking killing myself
I hope this thread was your final step to kill yourself, fgt. Never read something retarded piece of shit, nigga.

Next to nothing power consumption

I use it as a shitty backup server / web server. I got it for free for my birthday one year so the price was right. For my very modest server needs it does the job just fine

I run Plex and a murmur server on it. Works fine for what I need and costs me almost nothing in electricity.