Gpu /upgrade/ thread

>ran GTX 670 SLI because I was an idiot
>one of the card dies after NVidia driver update

It just isn't the same anymore, Sup Forums. I am feeling like upgrading due to having a lot of money left over. What should I get?

Also general upgrading questions thread.

poo

no u

Rx480 would be a decent upgrade, a gtx 1070 would be a bigger upgrade

in

>a gtx 1070 would be a bigger upgrade

>company breaks your card
>give them more business

Should I wait until the GTX 1080 gets in stock somewhere or should I skip the meme and get a 1070? What about a 980 ti?

MY

What is your max price range? And what res/settings do you plan to play on?

Tbh if I were you I'd wait for hbm2 GPUs either later this year or early next, but if you don't feel like doing the waiting meme (which I wouldn't blame you for) then maybe a 1070 or even rx 480 would do

My max price range is about 700 USD, I do plan on using a card that can hold up for a long time (even on low settings, which the 670 does a respectable job of). I am probably going for NVidia as I do like using the CUDA stuff for things other than gaming.

Wait for 1080 to get back in stock then. I believe I heard something about it having far more CUDA cores than the 1070.

And I believe EVGA also will hold the step up program for the ti variant, whenever that drops, but don't quote me on that

It has roughly 33% more CUDA cores, the thing is that I am from Europe, where both the cards cost a lot. But I am currently in the US until the 9th of July, so I am uncertain if I should wait for the 1080 to get back in stock or just get the 1070 right now. Is the ~200 USD gap between the 1070 and the 1080 worth it?

>Is the ~200 USD gap between the 1070 and the 1080 worth it?
For gaming? If you run at 1440p+ resolutions or 1080/120hz+, yes.

Or if you can make use of those additional CUDA cores, also yes.

Otherwise if no to the both of these, go 1070

Yeah I game at 1080p, but the 980 ti is heavily discounted on Amazon, should I got for it and invest a little more or go for the 1070? Also thanks a lot fampai for helping me out.

Bumping, I do want to know which option would be better, a 1070 or a 980 ti?

If you can wait just get the 1070

Different user, I chose the 980ti. Less hype, great card still. More CUES cores than the 1070 and it gaymes nearly as well. It helped that it had stock too

It's much easier to find stock of a 1070.

CUDA, Sorry I'm on mobile

A 1070 performs better than a 980ti, and you'll obviously have driver support and stuff for longer with a newer card.

Running on a single 660. When are 4k gaming capable cards going to be released?

gtx 1080ti will be the card

Look at that graph

A gtx 1080 can do 4k at 60fps very easily by turning some barely noticeable settings like anti aliasing down or off. You could also wait for the 1080 ti or this generation's Titan (if there is one) or AMD's inevitable high end cards.

Fuck off weebs, your gay pictures of your chinktoons have nothing to do with technology, and you are just proving how long you've been a retarded, antisocial neet.

Fuck off, people come here to have a worksafe board thats not filled with your lolicon shit.

Ah I posted to early, thanks user.

That is a boy you dumb cunt, lmao.

Thanks for the infos but I now have one additional question. Is ivybridge going to bottleneck these cards?

Has the price of the rx 460 been announced yet?

I doubt it unless you have like an i3. You'll only suffer in CPU bound games like GTA V, but most games aren't like that and you'll still be getting pretty good performance.

That's true, but he will have to overclock it no matter what

Thanks user.

Running i5-3570k @ 4.4 on stock air cooling so I'll wait for the 1080ti

I take your gtx 670 for free

What's the difference between the different 1070 cards available? Like will it matter at this point if I just shoot for the one at the best price/availability?

$99.99 usd

>being this triggered about anime on an anime image board
>it's a trap

I got a GTX 950 to replace my broken Radeon 6850. Did I make a mistake? Going for the 960 was not an option and wouldn't have been in the near future.

goddamn...
Is there any trustworthy info as to what current card it will be comparable to?

Get a mid range card then replace every 2 years