Apple A10 SoC does hardware VP9 decode/encode

Will be first SoC to ship with hardware VP9 encode support

Other urls found in this thread:

streamingmedia.com/Articles/Editorial/Featured-Articles/The-Decline-of-the-Standards-Based-Codec-and-Good-Riddance-111602.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Would you use the "first SoC to ship with hardware VP9 encode" if it meant you have to suck dicks daily?

>Will be first SoC to ship with hardware VP9 encode support
Too bad it will be on an iPhone without a usable mobile operating system and microsd slot.

have a source?

Either way that's pretty cool. Any desktop GPUs that do this?

What does a mobile OS need to be usable?

Poo in the fucking loo Rajeesh.

>VP9 encode
what's the point? like, Nvidia's high-end mobile chipsets can do video encoding but those are getting used for streaming for shit like Plex on the Shield TV. what's Apple going to use this for?

>What does a mobile OS need to be usable?
Not be iOS.

maybe for encoding their "live pictures" or video?

Not an argument.

A file system.

How do you think the phone compresses video down to manageable size when you use it take a video of something?

>Not an argument.
k

iOS has a file system.

streamingmedia.com/Articles/Editorial/Featured-Articles/The-Decline-of-the-Standards-Based-Codec-and-Good-Riddance-111602.aspx

>Apple included HEVC in FaceTime but removed any mention of the technology from its spec sheets after the second HEVC patent group formed. This ensures that Apple will pay far more in HEVC royalties than it will ever receive, making a strong business case for deploying AV1.

A visible, usable file system

Not a usable one. It's heavily gimped and lacks basic features like copy and paste.

A user accessible file system that doesn't require leaving a root exploit unpatched.

Why would you need any of this nonsense on a phone?

So I can manage documents without having to be tied to a stupid cloud storage solution

I recommend a laptop.

Why would you need video playback on a phone? It's for fucking phone calls, you idiot.

>Why would you need any of this nonsense on a phone?
Because we want those things, along with like 90% of people out there. Not everyone wants a fashion accessory, some of us want usable phones that do things beside calling and texting.

Not same user but I recommend you hang yourself.

>90% of people want a file manager on their phone

I assumed it uses H.264, and would move to H.265 instead of VP9 if they switched.

Sorry to break it to you bud, but most people don't care about that. They probably dont even know what filesystem means.

99+% of phone users don't know what filesystem means.

>Most people want to be able to do excruciatingly simple features like be able to copy and paste documents/video/music from their phone to their computers or other phones
Shocking isn't it?

You don't need a file manager on the phone to transfer files between PC and phone.

No idea what you're talking about with copy/paste to other phones. Perhaps you have access to some technology we don't.

This would be the reason to do it.

While Steve Jobs claimed some patent troll group would emerge against VP8/VP9 when Google announced royalty-free license for them, but none has materialized so far after more than 6 years.

>but most people don't care about that.
They actually do. Even those extremely tech illiterate mongoloids out there still want to be able to copy and paste shitty photos they took into different folders for example. Even if they fail to describe this kind of advance technology they still want it and use it like the lightswitch in their rooms.

Nobody wants to do that on a phone

This.

iDiots are too brain dead to even know what copy & paste is.

>You don't need a file manager on the phone to transfer files between PC and phone.
I was talking about alien technology from the future like being able to send a PDF or MP3 to your laptop through bluetooth in seconds without the need for a cable.

>No idea what you're talking about with copy/paste to other phones. Perhaps you have access to some technology we don't.
>select file within file browser
>share it through wifi direct/bluetooth and paste it on another phone
>wow

>I was talking about alien technology from the future like being able to send a PDF or MP3 to your laptop through bluetooth in seconds without the need for a cable.

Don't need a file manager.

>iDiots are too brain dead to even know what copy & paste is.
true

>Don't need a file manager.
You do especially for sending that PDF. Not only that but you need more advanced alien technology like the native ability to send files through bluetooth as well.

Just need AirDrop kiddo.

>broken shit that barely works half the time if at all

GTX 960, GTX 1070 and GTX 1080.

the GTX 970 and 980/980ti dont.

(You)

this

A lot of newer ARM chips have VP9 decoding.

>Just need AirDrop kiddo.
AirDrop is Obsolete. Bluetooth sharing replaced it way back in like 2007.

I recommend you suck a dick

>iToddler gets excited his toddler toys finally get something the rest of the world has had for years

>sharing files over bluetooth
no one actually does this.

So every Apple product ever.

>no one actually does this.
>itoddler gets BTFO
>responds by going into denial
Cheer up champ. Hey want a fig newtons?

This.

Last time I did this was in high school.

thanks

yes
explain where all the real world use cases are, besides a demonstration for high school friends.
People in real jobs who share files on a constant basis use several ways to do so, but its pretty much never over bluetooth

>Last time I did this was in high school.
Thank you panjeet, 50 rupees have been deposited into your apple positivity account.

Not an argument.

Not a shill. 50 rupees have been deducted from your apple positivity account.

So you're done?

Preferably root access and developer options. At the very least a way to change the eyesore which is the default look of iOS.

Thank you panjeet, 50 rupees have been deposited into your apple positivity account.

>Not everyone wants a fashion accessory, some of us want usable phones that do things beside calling and texting.
What? Why do people like you are so obsessed with iPhones? iPhone doeseverything 99% of the users need.

And no, nobody gives a fuck about a file system on iOS

>hurr cant share

Just use the internet like a smart person.

>iPhone doeseverything 99% of the users need.
And $300 phones do 99% of everything an iPhone does.

Just get a purse to match your jewelry faggot.

>"I don't use thing."
>"Therefore nobody should use thing and instead bend over, let someone fuck them in the ass without lube."

> everything an iPhone does.*

*But worse

Stay BTFO.

Even 3 year old Nexus 5 at $100 destroys the latest $900 iToy 6.

(You)

Presses the left one first literally every time

Not to mention worse screen, battery life, etc etc

Some of us are willing (and can) pay more for a premium experience

Why wouldn't you want a pocket pc?

A phone is a small computer. I expect it to be able to most of the things my laptop can do, just on a much smaller scale. I don't always want to drag a laptop with me either and fuck with power cords and adapters.

icon packs and emulators!!!

>iShit
>2 minutes battery life
>if you want 3 minutes battery life you can install a tumor
>1136x640 screen in 20-fucking-16
>"""""""""""""""""""premium"""""""""""""""""" experience

>premium experience
kek

>premium experience

THIS IS IT.

>"""""""premium experience""""""
>this

>vs
>buy dell in home warranty
>go to work
>come home
>guy shows up at my house and fixes my shit while i eat dinner and shitpost
>share a beer, have a laugh, and have my workstation back with no effort expended on my part

>premium experience.
Literally every apple fag. Every time.

Because I am browsing a technology board right now

u mad?

>1136x640 screen in 20-fucking-16
Now take the time to remember how you shittposted on Sup Forums about how high dpi on phones is useless, garbage, and nobody wanted that, when retina was announced for iPhones. That is if you were there at all at this time.

which will change the moment VP9-support has been made official.

>macfag's only """ argument""" is "lel you don't need it"

Even the Apple A9x is faster than most i5
A10 will render the i7 irrelevant

>Mfw A10 in 2016 rMBPs

faster than an i5 when the workload is 90% AES

so u mad then

The perfect idiot machine

Got u senpai, ur in gud company

Mad??

HAHAHA

>usbasp on a phone
Nice