Why is it that after like 8 years notebook OEMS still haven't cought up with apple's trackpad...

Why is it that after like 8 years notebook OEMS still haven't cought up with apple's trackpad? If it's just windows drivers how can the trackpoint be so responsive, yet touchpads are still shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof
appleinsider.com/articles/13/01/15/apple-wins-patent-for-glass-on-metal-trackpad-designed-by-jobs-ive
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is no way now.

haptic feedback and force touch. Apple is close to technological nirvana

I thought the glass trackpad was patented and that's why no one else has it

I prefer clits

This is true. I wouldn't be so miffed about Apple having great trackpads if it weren't that everyone else has awful ones. It's not like
>5 stars
>4.8
>4.7
>4.6
etc. through the competitor brands. Apple's at 5 and the next best is like a 2.

Then put a screen under it, fuck it.
Or just use any phones digitizer and say how the hell can you patent that?

>tfw lenovo will never release a novelty foot stool shaped like a trackpoint

I feel bad for Poor anons that cant afford apple or those spergs that are too autistic to consider buying Apple. Its just so much better.

Because you cant catch up to snakeoil. There is literally 0 (zero) objective reason why macs trackpad is any better than acers trackpad.

Apples were never 5. (Spare force touch, but that's new problems.
If you're not gonna use two buttons make dam well sure you can click anywhere.
Fuck this "Drag to the top corners without letting go!" fuck that. Holding in a top corner feels like the glass is about to crack.
Force touch is a fix, but the configurability is just too fucking small.
I want to use any of the options to do whatever the fuck I want god dammit.

No fucking clue. I guess it's because Apple has drivers, development and OS support in control, no one else has that.

The Acer Aspire was my first laptop and I thought it had a great trackpad. Now I have a retina macbook and it's expectedly superb.

You can click anywhere on the new trackpads. Feels even all around.

It feels way better, also gestures.

You are just an autist.

LMFAO

2 rupees have been deposited in yours shit eating hands Rajeesh.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended

>trackshit is good
Can we put an end to this meme already?

I know, but there's a handful of more problems. Not as many, wish I could update or something.

Why is it after 8 years mactard morons still shill utter shit as good?

>>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads

Woooooooooooooooosh

Why do you like them. I can't stand them.

All touchpads/trackpads are universally shit. It's just that OS X is more optimized for its use and gestures are actually built in with the OS.

*And MacBook trackpads are glass and feel much better

Several laptops exist with equal touchpads to your shitbook. Many even use glass as well. Just because you're a street shitting Pajeet and pretend your facebook machine exists in a vacuum and only competes with $300 laptops doesn't make it the best anything.

>glass trackpad was patented and that's why no one else has it
This is why no one takes mactard morons seriously. They literally make up shit to defend their corporate religion.

>I never used one

>has no argument
>can't dispute technical fact
>"u nevr used it!!!!111 leav apel alone!!!11"

wacom had the active digitizer patented. it's not that unreasonable for someone not in mechanical engineering to conclude that some critical aspect of the trackpad apple makes/uses is similarly patented and not licensed.

it speaks more poorly about you than them that you interpret every comment like a fucking retard.

>literally making up more shit in his fruity fantasy land

Why are mactards universally fucking retarded?

appleinsider.com/articles/13/01/15/apple-wins-patent-for-glass-on-metal-trackpad-designed-by-jobs-ive

what does your link have to do with anything? just linking randomly to philosophical modes of discussion doesn't make you look intelligent.

i can't think of a single review for a laptop that describes its trackpad as equally good compared to apple's. can you find one?

i happen to prefer the trackpoint on my thinkpad, but being a blind zealot about this shit doesn't help anyone. it just makes the rest of us look completely unhinged from reality. apple makes fucking good trackpads. i wish other manufacturers had a clue, but i also wish developing on windows was easier than eating metal shavings.

Jesus Christ BTFO beyond return

what was i making up? i didn't even assert anything factual. i just said it's an understandable conclusion to come to, and advised you not to make stupid, hasty conclusions about other people.

you shouldn't make stupid, hasty conclusions about other people. i'll copy/paste that sentence in case i need it again. something tells me i might.

You should go report in at your local Cult Store and tell them to go sue happy on the dozens of other companies out there with glass touchpads then retard.

Link one

>it's not that unreasonable for someone not in mechanical engineering to conclude
Just kill yourself retard.

can you point to a laptop review that claims that the laptop being reviewed has as good a trackpad as the mbp? either the force trackpad or the more familiar one.

you're making all these cult-y references but the mark of a cult is someone who gets more adversarial when more evidence is introduced, and given that you just escalated when someone pointed to a story about the trackpad indeed being patented, you seem a bit cultish.

>mactoddler completely unaware of the rest of the market
>claims his fruity toddlertoy is the best
This is why no one takes mactoddlers seriously.

*The US government makes up shit to defend the religion of corporatism

ftfyi

it's fucking patented

Just one. One other laptop with a glass trackpad.

You claimed you facebook toy is the only laptop with a glass touchpad, you prove that first.

you're freaking out, and i get why you would be; someone has offered a measured interpretation of someone's comment, and for a zealot that's really hard to deal with. you need to go for a walk or something. deal with the anger in a productive way.

>Just one.

>mactards are so fucking retarded they can't even handle a simple task like using a search engine

you might want to try simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof

Just link 1 (one) laptop with a glass trackpad that isn't a MacBook. Should be easy if there's a ton of them as you say.

in before XPS

There are. But it's not a selling point because people who aren't mactards don't buy into bullshit marketing.

about 70% of XPS posters are paid dell shills.

Prove macbooks are the only laptops aren't shit, just one macbook. It shouldn't be hard if they aren't shit like you say.

he can't. or more accurately, he won't.

zealots will not deal with reason, nor can they be reasoned with.

if you find someone whose fight-or-flight instinct isn't erroneously trigged by apple logos, then discuss with them. otherwise, leave Sup Forums to stomp around like the collective autist it is.

>mactard claims only mac has glass traskshit
>can't prove it

you seem to be taking philosophy 101 at your local community college, so i'll give you this in terms that might be relevant to you given that it's probably week 2 of summer session:

the macfag has made a claim that you interpret as "there are no other things like X". that may or may not be true, but the way anyone with a brain would respond to that statement would be to see if you can prove the negation instead. failing to prove the negation wouldn't mean that you've proven the claim, but it would certainly be a quick way to dismiss a macfag's claim if there were a glass trackpad that someone has considered as good as the trackpad macs use.

is any of this resonating with you? have you gotten to proving things with reason yet?

Windows Precision Trackpads are better than Apples new gimmicky force touch crap.

Same gesture responsiveness as Macbook trackpads but even less input lag.

you don't mean the trackpads in the surface keyboards, do you?

because burden of proof works the other way, you silly retard

Why do mactoddlers have such trouble with simple tasks like using Google? Probooks/Elitebooks have had them for over half a decade.

Doesn't count.

>mactard doesn't even understand burden of proof
>wonders why the entire board calls them morons

>trackpad issues
>here's how to fix trackpad lag

so are you saying it's something other than the material that seems to be the deciding factor? that seems reasonable. synaptics is garbage.

BLOWN
L
O
W
N

THE
H
E

FUCK
U
C
K

OUT
U
T

Yes I do. Made a quick and easy transition to my Pro 4 from my old Macbook Pro Retina.

Apple is really dropping the ball on OSX lately.

my hp dv7 has a plastic trackpad, its pretty good, it has 2 buttons on the bottom, but the thing can be used with out them, it supports tap to click, right click in this fashion as well, as well as gestures. they work well in windows and work really well in Linux.

>apple kiddies can't google

This is surprising why?

I'm on my XPS 13 2016 using Synaptics drivers and it works just fine.

dude you're embarrassing the rest of us. when someone makes a claim that X exists (like "other laptops that use glass trackpads exist"), the burden of proof falls on you to prove it.

demanding that macfags prove that nothing else uses a glass trackpad is like demanding that atheists prove there is no god. the easier, safer, and more rational argument is that, until you present evidence of existence, we should just assume fairies and gods don't exist.

i use a thinkpad as my daily driver but you fucking zealots are the most cancerous faggots in the universe.

>he never used one
>instead of answering posts an epic meme reaction pic
You sure showed me
Have you ever used one?

your post was good till you artistically mentioned your thinkpad.

Fuck off iPajeet.

>my first decent headphones were great, but now i have a eargasm headaudio philedition and its expectedly superb

>it "feels" way better, also the feature every modern os since 2006 has

Snake oil indeed.

it's windows, because windows is shit for user experience

>has no argument
>"you never used them!! you never used them!! you never used them!!"

Keep throwing that tantrum mactoddler.

Yeah, Microsoft really spared no expense with those trackpads

this desu senpai

What do people expect from the average mac user?

Holy shit what the hell?

hahaha epic lulz omg so f***ing burned bro!

>comparing a discontinued Pro 1 keyboard
Fuck off retard.

>omg a 12" tablet has a smaller touchpad than a 15.6" brick! wtffffff!!!!

That's not a touchpad, it's a fingerprint sensor.

Why not?

>mactards
>LITERALLY
>too
>fucking
>retarded
>to
>use
>google

The Surface Pro 4 has the same size trackpad as all Macbooks. Cunt is just being misleading, like all iShills.

Microsoft engineered a good trackpad and then decided that people who use mouse pointers are fucking degenerates, and they should be treated as such.

So the preferred way to use a Surface device is with a pen.

They gave me a Surface when I interned at MSR last year. I asked about this and whether the people in the hardware team would ever consider using a trackpoint instead, since this is exactly the use case trackpoint was designed for (limited space, high precision needs). The guy I talked to chuckled and said that "trackpoints are very divisive, so we probably won't use them".

Divisive in that they're loved by experts and hated by everyone else, I guess. And what's crazier is that a detachable keyboard is precisely the opportunity to manufacture some keyboards that use a trackpoint (license it from Lenovo if you have to, although really you shouldn't), but they're committed to driving a very specific use case at this point. Namely, one with a Surface pen.

Explain to me how do you breathe with only a single digit IQ? Nigga how the fuck do you not know how to google?

are you not reading the thread? we discussed logic and how burden of proof works like 4 times now. You need to read.

You need to get past your tantrum and read the thread.

They don't look the same size to me mate

>15.6"
>brick

found the beta manlet pajeet

>mactoddler defending not knowing how to google

eh no macfag but the force touch trackpad is pretty nice. i still prefer using a trackpoint though. less finger/wrist movement.

Those force touch trackpads feel like shit when you click tho senpai

the surface pro 4 was released last october. the surface pros leading up to it and the surfaces (and the surface RTs) all had way way smaller trackpads.

They have help from Apple. :^)

Maybe you're blind then.

you got rekt like thirty posts ago brah, nobody gives a shit about your pedantry when you're obviously objectively factually wrong.

who the fuck uses trackpads? their only use is doing basic setup without a mouse. kinda like IE is only used to download firefox.

dude i'm not going to hold your hand as you read the thread. just read quietly to yourself.

you need to learn patience. i'm sure you have a therapist and he's talked about this with you. control your impulses and listen (or in this case, read).

t. Never used one

I originally said Pro 4, so fuck off.
Surfaces only started using Precision trackpads since the Pro 3.

kek