How long till Microsoft buys Canonical?

How long till Microsoft buys Canonical?

hopefully hella long cause i have no idea what ill use then
is manjaro cool?

>is manjaro cool?
Not really.
Install arch with architect to avoid all fuckery that results from forking.
Or use fedora or debian.

They already have. There will never be an official word, but they are using to to avoid certain licence types. As long as they have ubuntu flying the feature flag they have protection from GPL. All fine a good to take all the products, but to continue to receive updates in those products without a fork is another thing.

If you want something like Ubuntu, Debian is your best bet. Ubuntu is based on Debian, after all.

Nooooooooooo

ooooooooooo

Debian looks like dogshit compared to Ubuntu

>looks like

You choose the way it looks fuckface

when shuttleworth runs out of money.

Steam endorses Ubuntu, Gaben hates the Windows Store, btw.

>looks like
You can install Unity on Debian, dumbass.

What? What point are you even trying to make?

What does Steam/Valve/Gabe's opinion matter at all in this discussion?

Doesn't it make sense to get rid of competition? Sure, there is SteamOS, but Valve does not seem to be talking about it that much. Buying Canonical means control over Ubuntu (and a bunch of raging autists too), that means lots of interesting changes targeted against Steam.

Debian or Ubuntu?

Debian is flexible but Ubuntu is a bit more easier to use for beginners.

Nice trips

Yay Microsoft.

I tought he hated DX12

>is manjaro cool
don't listen to it's pretty stable, and I've never had any problems. Of course that's assuming you're looking for a relatively stable OS with AUR support

Does canonical even care about freedom anymore?

screen cap this

When did they ever?

How does that change anything for Valve? They don't even use Ubuntu for SteamOS, they use Debian. The only thing that would change is that they would recommend another distribution instead of Ubuntu on their website. And if Microsoft wanted to "buy" Debian they couldn't because Debian was made in public interest and is non-profit.

A small edit on a page is not going to change things overnight, there is a background noise that Valve will have to deal with. This is why they should polish SteamOS and start recommending that, rather than Ubuntu, and this has to be done fast.