Why would you go to an internet cafe in the year of our lord 2016?

Why would you go to an internet cafe in the year of our lord 2016?

youtube.com/watch?v=W-mr-O7_uN0

Taiwanese people should be able to afford a computer themselves.

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/content/apac/icafe/en/driver.html
store.steampowered.com/app/221380/?snr=1_7_15__13
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strip_mall
youtube.com/watch?v=Sdsic3d8XN8&app=desktop
nvidia.com/content/apac/icafe/en/spec.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>you'll never go to internet cafe game tournaments with your friends again

they were assholes anyway

I dont like those top down games there playing

jesus, the amount of faggotry inside is unbearable.
The only cool guys were that group playing AoE2

>"there"
kill yourself

Because most apartments in Taiwan are the size of a closet, it's basically a place where you sleep and that's pretty much it. There's no space for a proper gayming rig. Not to mention those f2p multiplayer games are what most in Asia play so you can just go to a net cafe and play with friends for pretty cheap. It's like going to a bar and drinking with friends rather than staying at home and drinking.

I see why people live at these places.

Because you live in a 3rd world country and also have a secret fetish for sharing germs left behind by the person who used the mouse and keyboard before you

if there was gaming ones in the states I'd go to one, lan gaming is always fun

>that qt at 4:42

also if someone built something like that here in the west kids and shitskins would just steal everything

>Why would you go to an internet cafe in the year of our lord 2016?
>would you go
Why the hell would I go OUTSIDE?

Why was Luke presenting this and being filmed interviewing the old Taiwanese guy when Dennis is Taiwanese and was obviously the one translating for Luke at every juncture?

Is this an actual theme?

It is for me.
Because of lots of hax...
errr, 3rd party software...

Serious talk..
Why do you do this to your computer. I mean I thought changing desktop backgrounds from the default was bad enough but this takes the cake. How can you justify this to yourself? Where and when did your life go so wrong which lead to this?

because they wanted to capture that vice feel of a white liberal cuck going to a foreign land

It's a place to hang out, like any other places. It's like asking why people go to the library even though they could afford book(s)

Or why people go to bar, even though they could afford booze

I actually like this theme. Nice job.

Id go to internet cafe's if i had money.

Changing your wallpaper is bad now?

>maxing w on veigar

that food
>they even serve tendies

It's a shame we can't have these in America because niggers would ruin everything.

He only had 1 point in Q. I'm so triggered.

Looks like someone developed that in 1999.

You can't be this autistic

>there are Japanese internet cafes where you bring bring your own PC and are there cause air conditioning,and net,and food

At least it works perfectly
Never change a running system

I used to live in Taiwan. Most people have computers, the issue is that they usually aren't for gaming. The computers in internet cafes are fast and can game really well. Additionally they have a solid internet connection so some people go for that. Some people even stream in the cafe. Also these internet cafes have huge game libraries (usually a steam account with like hundreds of games, also older games like War3 with lots of custom games) so people play games they don't own. Most cafes are clean and actually really nice. One I went to in Kaohsiung was like $1 an hour. Huge screen, comfy seats, really clean, ac and no smoke.

I'd wager like 90% of the guys there were trying to get away from demon mom at home.

1$ for an hour? I wonder how much you'd have to game per day/month for owning all of that to be cost effective.

And I mean, the initial cost of getting a good PC and those games is quite high, not to mention the running cost of internet. For a dollar per hour you'd have to play a lot to make it cheaper to own all that.

Son, why are you doing so bad at school even though you study so much???

>make a cafe when the internet bubble
>lots people join get a nvidia shill deal
>become at least 1 percent of the entire nvidia gpu market share.

Nvidia also have custom drivers for those places.

nvidia.com/content/apac/icafe/en/driver.html

GeForce GTX is the ultimate GPU for gamers. Deliver fastest performance and all the latest gaming technologies. GeForce iCAFE has 100% marget share in Korea, in Taiwan 98% and in China 91%.

A real struggle. Like all the high school kids I knew there were getting crazy high scores in shit way too hard for them. But their mom won't take anything but perfect.

Here's the thing. People don't like talking about it in Taiwan but it's true. It's impossible to make money with these cafes. The initial cost is too high and the authorities also coming to fine the establishment for having minors after 11. So a lot of the cafes are a front for illegal activity. Most are owned by gangs.

Well that's a bummer.

The ones who try to stay away from that get undercut in prices and just go bankrupt.

>public keyboard and mouse

no

>ignoring the public headphones issue

no, also I thought Linus was a tech channel?
guess not

No public headphones. You have to bring your own.

Remember. Taiwan's crime rate is ridiculous low. Even the gangsters have morals apparently

The food would help desu. I'd order something every time I went for more than an hour or two if it was near the same price as the other restaurants to avoid losing my seat.

dude are you blind? first 30 second there is a row of computer with all the same headphones

I'm not 100% but i believe the asian version of some F2P games don't let you play for more than x hours straight before they kick you out.

Government restriction.

They ran out of ideas a long time ago

also
>nvidia sponsored cafe
I wonder why they went there...

I'm talking from experience. Not a few frames in video. The ones I went to all did not provide headphones and instead allowed you to rent them.

What is the policy on eating over the keyboard? That can get quite nasty.

So why Arcade and LAN center died in the west again?

No restrictions on eating in front of the keyboard. Pretty gross if you think about it. They keyboards don't have crumbs in them though. I think they clean them often. Besides the odd sticky part of a table, never had an issue with gross shit. Just asked them to wipe it for me.

>Arcade
>Sharing joystick with other people
>Sharing chair with other people

This generation full of fucking inbreed pussies.

Korean lol shows a notification after couple hours, but it doesn't block you or anything

Yeah, but it was fun to scream at each other.

>aoe2
>2016
>ywn play aoe2 on msn Zone for the first time

No transportation for people. Only in walk able cities, so that's basically NYC and small college towns on two streets (for a few blocks) near the college.

store.steampowered.com/app/221380/?snr=1_7_15__13

You can revive those memories.

Fuck you, Cortez.

What about Arcade? Isn't that basically a things in every mall in any cities?

I'm not talking about the new Arcade where you play Angry Bird on a machine that gives you ticket price.
But the actual oldschool Arcade with Fighting games or DDR.

>store.steampowered.com/app/221380/?snr=1_7_15__13
its a piece of shit.
1.0c is the only good aoe2.

What if you want to fap?

This nigga

>you will never have a basement LAN party to play Quake with your friends ever again.

looks like summer Sup Forums is in full effect

Arcades had a rep for drug use and misfits in the US so a lot of helicopter parents wouldn't let their kids go (mine wouldn't for our local arcade when we had it). A bunch of friendly goths smoking cigs outside scared everyone off. Also, malls are dying in the US drastically in favor of outdoor strip malls.

Basically, if you want to go shopping in most of the US, chances are you're going to hop in the car and drive 7-15 minutes to get to strip mall. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strip_mall

The crazy part is, sometimes you'll drive your car from one part of the strip mall to get to another store in the other part, and it's like a five minute walk.

We do have some LAN places, like the esports arena in Orange, CA, which is a pretty good model. It's a LAN cafe during the day, but they also host a ton of e-sports events there with spectators. That's probably the best model now.

The only idea I had was if sony, steam, or microsoft licensesd a setup not unlike the ones they have at bestbuy and gamestop except devs could do slices of their games meant for an arcade experience and you could pay via smartphone or card with a QR code.

You could stick those Kiosks in airports and student centers (in colleges), and they wouldn't take up a lot of space, and people would be familiar with the controller as opposed to the arcade stick. Plus you could save your progress on PSN or Xbox

Also, as far as computer security goes, how hard is it to secure these LAN cafes. They seem to be pretty vulnerable to attacks, both from shoulder surfing/security camera hacks, and people plugging in random peripherals to the computer. I'd be afraid of getting any sensitive info jacked.

It sounds like a bargain for the AC alone. I have a brand new $400 AC I have to leave running all damn day if I want it to be under 80 inside half the house while the sun is up.

>Why would you go to an internet cafe in the year of our lord 2016?
Broadband internet, no electricity bills to pay, junk food and coffee within walking distance and it's basically the best way to die, I'd rather die playing vidya or writing some code than getting run over by a drunk driver.

;)

I can relate to this I hate using other's keyboards and mice.

u do realize if u leave ur home to go play, u have a better chance of getting run over by a drunk driver?

RIP user

Not unless I spend the rest of my life within the comfort of the cafe, not going outside ever again.

>Not unless I spend the rest of my life within the comfort of the cafe, not going outside ever again.
oooh

>buying shitloads of mid range PCs to run LoL/CS GO and games alike that aren't even that heavy instead of building a really powerful setup to host VMs and just hooking up as many cheap client machines as possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sdsic3d8XN8&app=desktop

Looks like adware.

$1 an hour is cheaper than what I pay for rent. Is it possible to live in one of these places full time?

See video, he is only using network boot/PXE, not what you think. I thought the same.

"Wow, a person using virtualization for this, very very cool." Instead he is just your average linux faggot who used it for a few months and has an urge to install it on even the toilet.

I don't see why not if you have money, but I think they're not so accommodating for a complete loner, they're more of a 'go to with friends and play cafe', I hope they have special booths with a computer and a bunk for one person. I think the japs have cafes especially for loners, but I'm not sure they're really isolated from each other.

Seems like a pretty good lifestyle tbhfam.

>year of our lord

having a lord

If there was one near me and I needed Internet I don't see why I wouldn't

Shilling for a fucking internet cafe. The worst part is

>SEE!! this one extremely popular one that is certified by nvidia isn't bad and this other one too!

Completely neglects the myriad of others where the deaths actually occur.

he passes as a extremely ugly trans person..

To print shit, I have a printer but the fucking cartridges are fucking retarded expensive and they don't last for shit

But still, why buy a lot of dedicated machines instead of just building a highly powerful one to host VMs?
They are not running heavy stuff in these machines anyways.

>liberal
Why don't any of your idiots know what this word means?

Baka baka

Kek, you can sit at Internet cafe all day and order your delivery there?

I love me some Age.

Japan's net cafe

>Pros
Enclosed personal space for privacy
Self-serving free drink
Manga and Magazine available for reading
Shower room

>Cons
PC specs are mediocre most of the time.

It WOULD make sense, indeed.
Why they are not doing that?
I guess it's the lack of skill, knowledge, money.

I mean, these garbage PCs cost what? Almost no money? You can just put them together on a garage sale.

Meanwhile you would need a kinda big SSD (like 1-2-3TB), some serious Xeon packed machine (lets count 2 cores per client), VMx4-6GB RAM, and finally some heavy GPUs.

So... it is not soooo cheap. But doable.
I am too lazy to calculate if it costs more or less than building one pc per person.

>viegar is better than cassi

So that's like pretty fucking bad?
> enclosed space
home?
> self-service drink
well, water/drink at home?
> manga
come on nigga, it's not a fucking book store
> shower
.... hooome?

This sounds like fucking horrible.

if cyber cafes around me were like that i would never even get back home

If you do not want to stay at hotel since it's expensive, net cafe is the cheaper alternative.

Cost like $15-$20 per night.

That's their internal ordering, you sit at your computer playing and pop the menu up from the task bar if you want a snack, drink or even full blown meal.

nvidia.com/content/apac/icafe/en/spec.html

> EXTREME (4K)
> GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti
> World of Tanks

If this ain't shilling, I don't know what is.

Ok that makes sense, kinda how you pay for gym membership when you go homeless - so you can actually at least shower.

But otherwise, even what that Korean user said, it's kinda meh. People don't have powerful PCs at home? Why the fuck not? I mean, they have nice smartphones, cars and whatnot, but no PCs?

I love the noise and the atmosphere of internet cafes.

Back in my highschool and college days, where every 9 out of 10 males are playing tons of MMORPGS and Dota. We play everyday after class ended.