Guts thread

Searched catalogue, didn't see a guts thread. Guts thread? Guts thread!
Received a new PSU yesterday (based Amazon driver!). Fully modular, made cable management a little neater because I didn't have to worry about all the extra that I don't actually need.
Also means that I can actually shut the side of my PC without having to try fight all the cables.
Pretty happy with the result.
Lets see your guts.

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/213497/inno3d-announces-geforce-gtx-980-ti-ichill-x4-ultra
inwin-style.com/en/gaming-chassis/Chopin
pcpartpicker.com/list/PXm7hq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only issue I have with the way my cables are now is that there's that messy bottom, but I suppose that I can't really do anything about it with the F.Design Define S.
It's a great case with good cable management options, but its definitely not the greatest option for it. Still roomy enough for at least sensible cable management though.

well it's certainly unique.

It's super tempting to pick up another 980 Ti for on $410 after MIR

Nice, but what the fuck is that SSD doing
is there anything holding the GPU up? Cause thats a lot of strain. It's certainly Original, Not sure of its use really
As nice as ever
I only just realised you were the guy with the really nice picture and the white rad.
If you can get a better picture it would look a lot better, I really like how you've put the front rad's tubes in the basement, that looks really good

Reminds me of some exhibitions at the local modern art gallery. Nice. How are the temperatures when gayming though, considering the airflow?

The bench does have another panel with a PCIE slot support and 120mm fan bracket but I left it off for looks sake. Do you think having the GPU supported by the mobo socket only will damage it? I figured as long as I'm not moving it around it won't hurt it.

I dropped ~8 degrees on my GPU over having it in an MITX case. CPU temps saw no improvement though it's hard to tell because it's hot as hell here today. 2bh I'm just waiting for the Nano S white edition with window to come out. This was just something to do for fun in the meanwhile.

>another pointless tripfaggot
end your life

Its sitting free, as all SSD's should.

>want to post my new guts but PC will start vibrating again if I touch it
Not sure what it was but it must have settled in

I wish i could afford that case
Anyways, should i fall for ddr4 meme with i5 6600 or stick to now outdated 4690?

Check for loose fans/panels my dude

If the price is around the same get the 6600K. DDR4 has really come down in price. Be sure to get a K model chip and a mobo you can overclock with. The performance difference is quite substantial.

The price of the two is the same, but there is no way i can afford overclocking with tight budget. Damn intel doesnt even provide a fan with 6600.

Get a cheap cooler now, you can always drop the extra $100 later for a better one.

Even at stock the 6600k will be a good improvement. If you really need to even settling for a non-k version and a non-OC motherboard would be okay for you.

If you can't afford a 30 dollar CPU cooler I would suggest holding of on upgrading at all. This hobby is a money pit and an upgrade to Skylake is going to require expensive upgrades to other components for it to make sense.

he has a pentium 4 right now, holding off isn't an option.

Seriously, just get any skylake CPU, doesn't matter if you can OC it because it will be such an improvement over that P4 that you wont care.

Correction on my previous post, i meant the price of the non k 6600 is the same as non k 4690. I guess i will be getting a 30 euro cooler. I guess im too poor for overclocking.

>Do you think having the GPU supported by the mobo socket only will damage it? I figured as long as I'm not moving it around it won't hurt it.
yeah, GPUs are heavy and all that weight it resting on a flimsy piece of plastic
Will do
I mean it can, but why?

bump

rate

R8H8Masturb8

You're an absolute madman with that SSD.

Criticism is demanded.

Postan

Nice and neat and simple. Love the color coordination too. Respek.

How is that hale v2? I was going to buy this for a new build but I read so many bad things about it that I held off doing so.

Just finished installing my new FuryX got it really cheap since everyone is scrambling to get the 1080

Is that the predator AIO with the pre filled GPU? How is it?

Fuck you

Its good, haven't had a problem oc'ing my 970/6600k. Its been stable.

New case and motherboard coming in a few days. New PSU and RAM, and CPU in a week or two after. Then getting more watercooling supplies.

I'd post guts but I have neither a camera and my hard drive is dangling outside of my case and my psu is sitting outside of the front of it because it wouldn't fit in my fucking hp pavillion case. Ripped a hard drive from a laptop because my desktop one I'd used for my whole life died a week after building this computer. So that doesn't fit on mounting so it's dangling by cables so it doesn't make all that fucking noise on the case. It's an interesting build, to say the least. Mounting a 750ti will be fun.

my fave. keep it simple folks. i don't even really be opening mine up anymore.. guess i'm fallin off... still pc mustard race tho.

oh and my computer has an i5 4590, intel 4600 hd graphics (upgrading to 750ti) a rosewill 700w power supply, a shitty 300mb laptop hard drive, 8gb of ddr3, and some H series "anniversary" board. forgot what company made it. All in all, with the 750ti included, this thing only costed me about $500 and I can run skyrim on ultra about 85fps because it's got vsync and I've got a crt, that's the refresh rate. If you want a cheap and good build, this is the way to go. Just get a 500 watt power supply and not 700. Saves you a lot of money.

Still going stong after 4 years

that case looks like an ATX version of

What the holy hell is that graphics card. Some mars asus random side cooler lol

980Ti inno3D iChill

techpowerup.com/213497/inno3d-announces-geforce-gtx-980-ti-ichill-x4-ultra

It kind of is lol

Looks bretty gud

Yeah, somewhat. Here's the messy hidden part

I have a Hyper 212 EVO, is it worth it to upgrade to a Noctua NH-D15?

Is that stolen?

No, why would it be? Its home made.
If your temps are good then there is no need to.

well I guess I am going to get flamed for this for fucks sake.....still playing around with it

Is that a 480? Hows it performing?

yeah, just barely dug up the drivers so I am still trying to tweak it, no benchmarks yet unfortunately. I will try to get it going tonight. it's an 8gb model

awesome build btw

What case is that?

Enthoo pro

Damn, that's pretty aesthetic.

r8/ h8 suggestions welcome. GTX 1070 gets here tomorrow!

clean, I like em

Its been a long time coming guys, but im almost done with the new build

Wow that's nice.
Which case is that?

450d corsair, been a trooper, filters and stuff are falling apart tho. Its a nice mid tower for the price, you can get them for around 100 bucks on amazon pretty sure.

The braided power cables are a cute touch, seems like it tugs on that top card tho, probably fine but freaks me out.

whoops. that's the old pic.

Sorry for late reply. The reasons its sitting free are that the power cable isn't long enough to let it mount to the top HDD slot and even if it could, I don't remember which screws would mount it to the bracket. Yes, I've already tried the screws I had in my screw pot, though I think I have more in the loft. Either way, its not important enough to worry about.
The SSD is completely safe there because the back of the case is on now (obviously) and its not like an SSD cares where or how it sits anyway, as long as all connections are firm.

Yeah, but like I say above, I do what I gotta do. Didn't want to add more cables to the mix when I don't have to do so.

That quick disconnect. How does it work? Is it just a case of you pull it out/push it in and it pushes something in/out of the way?

A WILD 480 APPARISE!
You made a performance thread yet user-kun senpai?

My comfy box.

What's that case? :)

inwin-style.com/en/gaming-chassis/Chopin

I had a 240mm on tha I never sent in for the recall that I'm using on my GPU, worked out pretty well. I picked up the 360mm super cheap. I probably should have flushed the 240 since I found some gunk in it, but I'l probably do that in a couple months.

One piece slides into the other, like a female and male end. To take them apart, on the female end is a coupler that slides back. You slide it back, and this will pop out the male end. When the loop is cold/has been off for a while, almost nothing flows out. If I had it heated up, or was gaming or something, a few drops do spill out, so it's advisable to something like wrap your hand around the QDC entirely.

This is two female ends. I don't have a close up on the PC of the male end.

These threads actually convinced me to build my first rig. The idea of building seemed less intimidating, and more like a fun weekend diy project.
That and I was tired of overpaying out the balls for "gaming" laptops that couldn't even play the newest games.

My 3D animation workstation + gaming rig. Built it back in August.

I originally wasn't a fan of the beige + blue color scheme I ended up with, but it has grown on me.

I am jelly.

Digging the aqua/black color scheme. Very aesthetic.

No point taking a picture with the power supply in, because you can't see shit.
>i5 3450 system with Corsair H55 AIO cooler. (Silverstone SG13 case).

Have a GTX 970 in my completed build. There is barely a cm of space in the case once the PSU is in, I hate mITX so much....

Not my build but future goal...

Comfy/10

8/10 nice sli

7/10 but needs a better pic

Tight/10

I dig it

im building my first pc with a budget of $850 total, starting fron scratch, is there anything wrong with it? any suggestons?

forgot link... time to an hero

pcpartpicker.com/list/PXm7hq

>gtx 1070
>$150
Pick one

4460>4440
480>1070, unless you magically get that fucker for $150
>ecs motherboard
just no
>rosewill PSU
fire
>buying windows
>non mechanical keyboard
get a magicforce 68 and a chink mouse if you're cheap

o, i forgot to say that was a placeholder lol. its supposed to be an rx470

i fixed all, but i want to buy windows and mechanical keyboards are too expensive atm. the gpu is an rx470

i fell for the 16gb of ram meme

and man does it feel good

i can run any desktop enviornment i want, with all the effects on, i opened up 500 tabs of chrome just for the fuck of it

>500 tabs
kek
anyway i think its worth the upgrade, imma try to make an amv with sony vegas its goes a lot smoother

i dont even do anything that requires 16gb
i almost never went over 2gb when i was using 8gb of hyperx fury
but i have it, and i can do things with it, maybe

if anything it will be useful for autoCAD, but that would take a hell of a print to eat up 16gb of ram

I have 20gbs of ram and want more. I fell for the meme and want more of it.

What GPU is that?

why dont u have any exhaust fans?

zotac slim gt430

lrn 2 airflow

The 2 on the roof are exhaust as well as the one to the left of the cpu...

wat, do they not blow air towards the parts?

My intake fans are the ones on the right blowing over and on the HDD cage. Also an extra one intake on the side panel.

why is the gpu slanted?

oh, mb they dont have the "x" support on the back, which i rely on to distinguish which direction the wind blows

what case is that?

750D