Yfw you load up your SSD powered rig for the first time

>yfw you load up your SSD powered rig for the first time

nice ear-rings you fag

This new HD looks great desu senpai~~!

>and you didn't fall for the SSHD meme either

>tfw you want to make sure your monitor is calibrated but youre color blind

Delicious

Take it to someone who has one of those things.

EVO or Pro?

If you're color-blind then why do you care if your monitor is calibrated?

tfw 19 sec on debian/gnome bloat with 8 secs of stupid wait online service that i could remove but wont bother, while on a shitty caviar blue HDD.

>kickfart

Like any choice where one thing is slightly better but also more expensive, it depends on your monetary situation and what you're willing to pay for a marginal improvement.

or i will bother.
gj wasting cash on 2 sec of boot time :^)

is this a trap?

>3s dev-sda3.device
Jesus christ user

>ModemManager.service
Why?

install SSD, shit is fast

A year later, same windows installation same setup
SHIT'S TOO FAST SLOW DOWN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

linus a shit

typical shill that just spouts memes and makes superficial reviews of the latest hypeware, making sure to underline how amazingly good it all is, goyim

i actually have no idea what it means except that its the auto mount for my 10 yo hitachi HDD with windows 10. should i disable the automount and have 7 sec boot time?

>should i disable the automount
Yes

>tfw bent pins

didnt i just say debian/gnome bloat i have shitloads of things i dont need , including gnome games and 3 email clients

But...
>that was a 10 year old Caviar Blue :^)

> put ssds on all my computers
> now I can't stand using workplace's pc

EVERYTHING MUST HAVE A SSD

* and here was the boot with an X2 5200+
55MB/s FTW

>PC is so quiet I have to get up right next to it just to hear if it's on or not

>tfw you're not living in a 3rd world country and are using a SSD since more than 7 years

>pc is so loud i still hear it when i turned it off 2 hours ago

nah caviar blue is bought this year. i use my old 10 hitachi 500GB for windows partition. Never failed.

dev-sda3.device seems to be a forced fsck on my hitachi disk so i really dont know how to disable this one.
Also my keyboard-setup.service seems to be failing and i dont know why and how to fix it so its ok. Everything works though so i dunno.

Who is this guy? I keep seeing him everywhere

I've been using an SSD for a year and a half now.

I like the speed, like the silence, and I like how tiny it is and how I have it mounted with just a single screw because it's virtually weightless and already being held up by the sata cable.

I'm still in this period however where I have doubts about the longevity of SSD's. If for whatever reason my SSD randomly fails and never boots up again, I will criticize that it didn't last for 10+ years as advertised.

If 10 years from now it is still kicking, I will flat out tell you all that you're retarded if you aren't using SSD's. I've never had a HDD (that was used on a regular basis) last more than 5-6 years.

>Yfw you power up your pcie ssd powered rig for the first time

Literally what boot time.

>new samsung M.2 PCIe SSD on its way
>2gb p/s read speed

stoked

I finished my rig last night and I installed the OS on the ssd and now I can save shit to the hdd. Fug.

yes

Muh nigga

Which one? I got the sm951

Be sure you get some aftermarket heatsinks for that shit, throttling is not a meme

Mine was a Caviar Blue.
Your 20 second Linux boots with a 200MB/s one really really suck when a real OS can boot in 10 seconds off one from 2006.

mine boots in 10 secs after removing some shitty not used services. also what 200mb/s ? experienced more than 50.

Unless the Caviar Blue you bought this year was more than 10 years old, it should be pulling more than 50MB/s. The new 1TB does 200. The >1TB are really Caviar Greens so nobody calls those Blues.

also isnt logon+serv the windows userspace? if it is you should add it to the boot time. (or remove it from mine) I dont know shit though

"Wow, I can now open my browser 1 sec faster, revolutionary!"

SSD is snake oil

yeah you are right ,benched it.