/sqt/

/sqt/
Ask your small/stupid questions that don't deserve their own thread here.

Other urls found in this thread:

home.parleur.net/test/
ebay.com/itm/162111154869?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
ebay.com/itm/ASUS-P8Z77-V-LGA-1155-Z77-ATX-Intel-Motherboard/322161570656?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140602152332&meid=81e5a2a82cc640738dbac57ff7413785&pid=100011&rk=4&rkt=10&sd=162111154869
pcpartpicker.com/product/kz7CmG/evga-power-supply-210gq0650
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128846&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=11552995&PID=6361382&SID=hawk-156074197
amazon.com/gp/product/B01DBVH16U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2U3R73MNHPWPS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have a laptop hard drive that makes a squeaky/chirpy noise. What's the exact cause of this? Should I expect failure soon even though S.M.A.R.T. shows nothing wrong?

Is it okay to just use bacteria from my mouth to make soy yogurt? I made soymilk last week then drank from it and left it out for a day and it had turned into pretty good yogurt. Should I do it again?

Issue with the head. Smart won't show a lot of things. Back up time
1/10

So I'm torn between two versions of the same laptop at the same price:

>i5-6200u and 256GB SSD
>i7-5500u and 128GB SSD

Performance wise they should be about the same but I care more about battery life than SSD size and I remember reading something about Skylake having significant worse battery life than Broadwell

Any help?

Cross platform (PC & Android) text chat program that saves offline messages? Preferably self-hosted, but not mandatory.
SSHing to irssi in server is a bit cumbersome.

Is there a way to search for only IPs using google or something similar? I want to search for specific text/titles hosted on them..
I know there was a site like this but it had a limit and a paywall.
----
How do I ignore this and go to the site:
This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox Developer Edition may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.
There is no option to allow and I tried to do it manually. Nothing works.
home.parleur.net/test/

Skylake is far more efficient, this info is a Google search away you lazy fuck

Broadwell does much better for battery life

So which is it?
Better or worse?

I found a review which compared the Core M(eme) models from both generations and the Skylake one had significantly worse battery life.

I can't seem to find a comparison between the i5/i7 models.

Can someone tell my why this doesn't work on some boards? Pic related is just an example, the G works fine on Sup Forums, but on trash it doesn't, why?

Is there anything wrong with placing my PC case horizontally if I put rubber feet on the bottom (as in heat issues, components falling, etc)

If everything's put in properly and it's not covering any vents.. go for it.. Though probably will build up dust faster since it's closer to the ground

Some HDDs dont work good on the side (like picrelated).

Skylake was built to improve energy efficiency as Intel knows they can't really get much more computation power without some radical changes in chip making. Thus they are going for lower energy consumption to make money appealing to energy cost conscious businesses. After all a fewer hundred computers can really add to the power bill.

As for that part about worse battery life I find that very odd and would love to read the details, especially the test metric. But not impossible as some software my not take full advantage of the new features.

If you really want better battery under-clock it, adding a a little time to things saves a huge amount of energy as the CPU stays cooler and thus has less heat resistance loading draining the power.

Also drop as much bloatware and software as you can.
On my laptop I get
Windows 7 = 4 hours
Mac OS X (SL) = 8 hours
Debian (with optimized power settings with LXDE) = 10 hours
Debian (without DE and main GUI) = 14 hours

I like how Linux uses Mac hardware better then Mac does :^)

Sup Forumsentlemen, quick. Is this a good deal? Should I bid?

ebay.com/itm/162111154869?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Best way to dual boot Hackintosh (El Capitan) and Windows 10?

I already have ElCap installed on one SSD. Can I just install Win10 on my other SSD and will Clover automatically detect the Windows install?

how do i make Sup Forums x load a theme without using cookies

idk, but use jbidwatcher to snipe

>$70 for LGA1155
Do you have a LGA1155 CPU?

It's not bad, but I wouldn't go over that.

Thanks. Lets see if I get fucked

/fatty/i;boards:op:only
you mixed up a : with ; here.

I'd say stop. There's at least one Z68 for $66 shipped buy it now.

I got fucked. I'll keep looking

No you didn't. $83 for that would be overpaying.

ebay.com/itm/ASUS-P8Z77-V-LGA-1155-Z77-ATX-Intel-Motherboard/322161570656?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140602152332&meid=81e5a2a82cc640738dbac57ff7413785&pid=100011&rk=4&rkt=10&sd=162111154869

Z77 for $52 free shipping buy it now.
That's without even looking.

Need new PC. How's this look?

Using it for heavy gaming, shadowplay and video editing/rendering.

* for parts not working
Boy, I really wasn't looking.

it'll work, but really you're putting $90 more than you have to into that PSU.

Guys please help me!! I was reading hentai and now I don't know what to do!!

There's was another one as well and I don't want to lose my stuff, please help Sup Forums.

what should i go with?

It's illegal for me to interfere.

Thanks, now it works

pcpartpicker.com/product/kz7CmG/evga-power-supply-210gq0650

So I had been using a dvi monitor, and I wanna get a monitor that has hdmi or display-port.

And I wanna know, if I do get one, I dont need speakers? Like actual speakers.

Im still using my dell speakers from 2001

* also, if you're not going to overclock (non-K CPU), you should go with a Xeon E3 1231 V3
Same damn thing as an i7.

thanks, will do

Not be a dick, but in the future when you say "no dont pick that". you should just mention what they should pick instead. Says them from having to ask and you both from posting again.

My HDD makes strange, rhythmic noises. How can I check it something is using the HDD on Linux? Just to make sure there is no hardware defect.

How do I open a whole folder with MPlayerX?

If the monitor has built in ones then no.. But if you listen to stuff out loud you really should since quality from monitors is usually bad

It doesn't work to tell a person what to do, they have to ask.

If I delete files that are tracked by git (and delete them from the recycle bin as well), is the history for those files gone? Like, could I restore them through git even though they were completely deleted?

On my mechanical keyboard , my shift button doesn't register when you here the "click" and only registers when i press it down a bit more . All my other keys register when it clicks.

how would i go about fixing this issue?

Asked yesterday but got no answer, what can I do from the command line to launch a minimized instance of Firefox pointing to a page that will be passed as an argument? I already know how to do the latter part by firefox.exe -new-window %arg% but nothing I have tried has been able to make this window launch minimized. Even tried passing through the task scheduler and setting the task to be hidden and that didn't work, which usually always has in the past for me. Is there some other trick I can employ here?

If they were commited or staged and you did not tampered with .git directory then yes. Thats pretty much the whole point of git.

>DDR4 ram
>ix-4xxx

i think i see a problem here user

You might be able to replace the individual switch for that key, though I'm not sure how easy this is to do.

? explain

Okay, thanks for the answer!

Also I guess it doesn't HAVE to be Firefox, so if I can do the same thing in another browser more easily I could just install that, though it feels clunky to install a whole other browser just for this one purpose of helping JDownloader get easier captchas without stealing focus from whatever else I am doing at the time.

ddr4 ram is only compatible with skylake(i think)

Does anyone know why when bluetooth is enabled on my laptop it alt tabs out of games randomly? Pls halp it's annoying when trying to use a controller

i can't find anything to confirm this. Can you check for me?

Sky lake is compatible with some of the ix-5xxx series but i know for a fact that it wont work with your cpu , since it is the 4th gen.

Anyone help? I'll buy you a game

start /min C:\[location of firefox.exe]

That launches the program minimized. Could you append the other arguments onto that? Maybe a script to do the commands separately if needed.

want to cum over? :3

That might not be enough information to diagnose the problem.

You could try disabling and enabling Bluetooth from the Device Manager (assuming Windows). If that doesn't fix the issue, uninstall and reinstall the drivers for the Bluetooth chip.

Yeah I've tried both. Even when I'm not actively using the bluetooth it will still take me out of the game

so...?

Also what's the dif between that cheap mobo in my list and something like link related? Why the price dif?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128846&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=11552995&PID=6361382&SID=hawk-156074197

Is 75 Mbps a good internet speed for a home with 3 people? Comcast seems like the only provider here and they offer 25 and 75 Mpbs. Is 25 too low for 3 people with Netflix etc.?

I have extremely shit internet at my work and often have to download large files off more or less standard commercial sites, what's a good download manager that doesn't just cancel the download if the connection is lost and lets me resume later even if turn off the machine. You know, like JDownloader except not shit.

get 75 user

listen

user

no stop talking

shhhh

listen

shh

get 75

downthemall.
though the server has to actually support resuming downloads.
if it's session based it also won't let you.

I'm on 20 and it's good enough for Netflix with 2 people. Still stutters when downloading and doing other tasks so I wish I had more, but that's the best my area provides. Go with 75.

How much can I sell my 295x2 for
What other video cards can realistically play 4k video games without dual gpu bullshit

So I keep getting BSOD after unwillingly updating to Windows 10 (from 7). The errors varying from "irql_not_less_or_equal", "critical_structure_corruption", "pfn_list_corrupt". I'm thinking of doing a clean sweep of both my hard drive and SSD and re-install Windows 7, upgrading to Windows 10 straight away. I might fiddle around with some cables and boot priority in BIOS, since it seems like on startup, it refuses to boot from the SSD straight away.

Think this will fix my problem, or might there be a problem with my storage?

I'm not completely new to doing a clean sweep and reinstalling OS, but it's been a while since I've had to do this. Anything I should keep in mind/avoid before doing this?

I've tried updating all the outdated drivers I could find, scanned for malware/viruses, removing deamon tools and other junk that might have caused the errors, but it doesn't seem to do the trick.

I doubt there are any problems with any of my other components.

Bump

amazon.com/gp/product/B01DBVH16U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2U3R73MNHPWPS

Is this pcb mounted or plate mounted?

What a good 1080p monitor for under or around 200$ ?

Is network attached storage the best or worst way to back up/sore all of my shit?

If I'm using a HDD just for storage/backups, do I really need to worry about RPM?

In my experience, you CANT go wrong with an AOC IPS monitor.

What are the good settings for HEVC video?

Someone knows an iOS app which can sync dropbox but can save entire folders locally (and automatically save any new file that I added)?

The default dropbox app can only save single pictures and I don't want to tick manually 30 times when I add new pictures to the folder.

crf 28 is about the same as crf 23 for h264 quality wise.

Format type for my future archive hard drive?

So it finally happened, I found a file larger than 4GB that I want to keep and I have been finding more and more that I won't mind having.

Problem is I use FAT32 as it just works with everything and a few rare cases when I use FAT16, compatibility has never been good in my life, so I am reluctant to change to some "new and improved" file system as compatible trumps features for me. So which one is going to keep working on all the different OS types so I don't need to switch hard drives all the time?

SMART is mostly statistical, and you don't want to trust statistics when you got hard drive noises. Back up now.

No, your mouth can also seed bad bacteria. Just because you don't get sick from it very often does not make it a good idea.

Depends on the case design, also seems like most spinning disks (CD, DVD, HDD) all do better spinning parallel to the floor.

Auto lock vulnerable phone? Sounds fishy.
Assume hacked with malware and take to Apple store. Hope you didn't have anything important on it.

Also if you are going be stupid and go to those dangerous places get a cheap computer with a non-persistence setup so it wipes clean at every cold boot.

exfat

980ti 1070 1080

1080 at max 60fps

Other are medium-high

I've had one of these memes for a couple of years. I've noticed that temps are a little on the warm side for a while now. How do I find out if the pump is working?

The best backup is done frequently and isn't attatched to any of the data you want to back up. External HD that's only plugged in during backup

Whats thr best way to clean a GPU?

I've got this GTX 650 I'm gonna sell and I want it free of dust. I've already blown up the large clumps and want to know the best way to remove the surface dust.

Every guide for "find out your gpu" just says what series I'm running, not the actual card.

How do I find that out? Can't remember if it's a 7950 or a 7970.

also anyone?

start>in search bar type "dxdiag">enter
computer model

How can bi figure what's alt tabbing me out of my games?

work with damp microfiber on the fan/fan case. anti static brush on the card surface/SMDs

?

Shouldn't the top bar icons change with the icon theme in GNOME? Switched from Xubuntu to Fedora 24 last night and after installing Numix Circle, my indicator icons like wireless, volume, and battery are still the default icons.

air duster and a paint brush

Anyone? I'm a bit uncertain how to go about formatting a hard drive and SSD at the same time

Hello Sup Forumsents

tldr; Is a Z87 with 4670k to a 1366 with x5660 a lateral upgrade not worth doing for $60~?

Is it a stupid idea to buy an x5660 from a surplus "server" with some ram for about $60? I want to scavenge the cpu and ram for a 1366 mobo I have thats unused.

Currently have a 4670k and I don't know if I want to just go back to the old mobo for more cores or spend an extra $100-$150 to make a second pc

Why does apple apply a password i never defined to backups and literally NO WAY to recover it

it should be audible if you stick your ear near it when its running. you might just need to clean the radiator from dust build up and apply new thermal paste

What do you plan to do with it? It is a downgrade in many cases (games lol). But if you're doing parallel work it might be ~5% faster.

The system tab.. system model, that's your mobo number

Third party software like this might tell you.

Best affordable way for long term storage?

I need a secure backup of about 16GB of files.

3-2-1

I DON'T NEED MY MOBO INFORMATION YOU STUPID FUCKING NIGGER LEARN TO READ