Price quality vs price quantity

hello Sup Forums

what do you think about price quality vs price quantity, which is the best option?
I mean the rx 480 is comming out soon, is it worth the wait, or would a 2nd hand video card be the best option, or even a nVidia card?

let me know what you think,

kind regards,

Computersloeber

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pQ9CiDozMMQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The 480 is coming out in 3 days you impatient fuckstick

Murder yourself painfully then go back to le upvote chan

So when it comes out it will be the best option you say?

kek

nVidia is a meme, go for AMD it's faster and cheaper.

I work for AMD and can confirm that we are not a meme.

what is this a fucking shillthread again?

You are a belgian cunt who watches too much kabouter wesley

haha you are the first one that knows where my name is from are you from belium or holland?

Hey there, I'm not biased at all (I own a graphics card) but I'd advise you to always buy Nvidia™, because Nvidia™ runs faster, cooler, and gives more frames and GHz when overclocked. Nvidia™ let's me play games The Way it's Meant to be Played, and with Nvidia's innovative Game works™ development framework powering over 90% of up and coming titles this year, you'd be a fool to even consider a card from an inferior company. I could talk to you about graphics, but you're probably already sold by now. Buy any Nvidia™ card at any price point and you will NOT be disappointed!

You really can't wait 2 days to see how it does? see how it changes market price of all cards?

oh okay thanks for the tip man!

giggity

just get the rx 480 in 2 days

GameWorks is one word fuckstick

No pay for you today

it's a fact that the 480 is cheaper than Nvidia's current offerings while not being TOO far behind. how is that shilling

because you are dealing with nvidia shills thats why

GTX 970 is already as much as the 480 is expected to cost, and is faster when overclocked. The 480 doesn't OC at all. It has more memory, but when games actually need 8 GB it will be too slow anyway.

>not being TOO far behind
It's at least 40% slower than the 1070, and the gap widens even more if the 1070 is overclocked.

see this is a shill example

BF4 GTX970 vs RX480

youtube.com/watch?v=pQ9CiDozMMQ

why does the rx 480 have a higher CPU usage all the time?

>The 480 doesn't OC at all
Source.

Because of more render frames comes the cost of more cpu work.

Guys is it gonna be the same as the nvidia scam? I thought 1070 was going to be 380$ but its around 550$ now and they are not even the founders edition. They are the Asus-Evga-Sapphire ones.

Is Rx 480 gonna be the same? Much more expensive than the announced price? Is 230$ the recommended price or the decided price for sale?

Let me put it this way user: waitfagging doomed us all. We are going to be cucked with strapons by gpu companies.

>1070 costing 500 eurokeks
>480 300 eurokeks
>980 still 400 eurokeks

>The 480 doesn't OC at all

Any proof of that? Perhaps you have one, seeing how you seem to know it.

source: his ass

The 1070 is twice as expensive. More if you consider than practically none of them are selling at MSRP at the moment.

That PCGH guy said his card could only get to 1380mhz. From another source, the 480 can overclock well, the only issue is the reference cooler is too shitty. So don't buy reference if you want to OC.

IMO if the 480 is not on par with a 390x, AMD fucked up big time, and the card is a failure, considering it's a 5.8TFlop card and the 390x is 5.9TFlops. I don't even know how it's possible for it to be anything worse than a 390x.

Sup Forums is NOT a consumer review site. Fuck off back to .

Buying used GPUs is incredibly overrated. You get a product with a lower lifespan, no warranty, and miss out on new hardware and software features for what amounts to a few fps at a given price point. I'd only consider it for a bottom of the barrel type situation.

As for the 480 nobody really knows yet since there's no reliable benchmarks let alone ones of games, wait 3 days and find out.

>falling for the tflops meme

yah blew it bud

Strenge that no-one mentioned this:

Koop gewoon een nvidia, kanker flikker

>GPU 105%

>Buying an AMDrone cuck poorfag card

Literally fuck off with that shit waste of money, Only poorfags would waste money on a shit card that barely performs at the same level as the r9 380

You should have gotten a real card that actually works, like the 1080, the MOST powerful card ever made. And fuck AMD, the only shit they have to try and compete is the fucking fury, which barely even comes close to the 1070 in terms of performance, OH and guess what, it's over five HUNDRED dollars, which is a fucking joke considering the 1070, which is better, only costs 375$, and performs better than three of these shit fucking poorfag 480's

>inb4 muh temps
>inb4 muh price
>inb4 muh powerdraw

a 450 watt tpd doesn't mean shit, and most modern cards (Except for AMDrone cards) are designed to perform at well above 100c

fuck off

The 970 is running at 1253 MHz which is pretty low. But it also shows the 480 at 1025 which is much lower than the 1266 MHz stock frequency.

why is the 480 underclocked so badly?

methinks this is a 390x not a 480

>superclocked 970 vs underclocked 4809

Hey im pretty poor but want to save for a pc soon,so would you recommend a gtx970/980 or the new amd card? I can go to 350 dollars in price

The 480 is worse than an OC'd 960, AMD is a ripoff

I would legitimately suggest waiting until September if you can, that will give time for prices to stabilize between nVidia and AMD, proper benchmarks to be verified and averaged over time, and Vega to release and stabilize it's price and benches.
If you're lucky, nVidia might also release the 1080 Ti in the time as well to allow for a full spectrum to compare and decide on what to purchase

>WOO AMD RX 480 WILL BE $200 DOLLARYDOOS, REJOICE

>mfw it's probably gonna be $320 minimum in Norway

Cucked as always

>not using an intel integrated GPU
>falling for the jew meme

the most optimistic rumors have vega coming out this october. no way vega will be out by September, and 1080ti's not going to come out this year.

>480 200 usd
>960 240 usd
>needing to overclock to match the rx 480 non-overclocked
shill pls

that what's you get for living in cuckland

at least it wont rape your daughter

>Norway
>cuckland
Nigger please, the border control is tight

There is a non disclosure agreement with all those that have am rx 480. The fact that he called it an r9 480 is suspicious in itself, but the whole video just looks off. No one can come to any conclusions until the 29th, when reviewers will be allowed to talk about the cards and show they real specs.

What prevents someone that has a 480 to just leak it?
How would they enforce it with everyone?
You can just post it over Tor right

Are you retarded?

all that have it know that it´s far worse than hyped up
and they don´t leak it because it would fuck amd up quite badly and they are scared of the inevitable nvidia monopoly
>after all what do we have right now? if not a monopoly

Nobody would believe a non credible anonymous source.

The shit posting is strong in you.
Keep at it !
Because it's always logical to compare 200$ cards with 600$ cards right ?
Also please answer Why would you spend 150$ more if you only play 1080p and the 200$ card will max everything out at 90+ fps ?

480 already confirmed to be few % behind 980. Now if only xfire wasn't shit and AMD cards performed well in games I like I would buy 2 of them instead of 1080.

980 costs 300 EUR right now on Amazon.