Is it worth getting an AMD-FX 9590 and a 970 in this day and age...

Is it worth getting an AMD-FX 9590 and a 970 in this day and age? I'm looking to upgrade my shit up since my shitbox died the other day

Also looking to get a new mobo obviously, what is Sup Forums's opinion on the MSI 970A-G43?

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I used to run a 7950 and an a10-5800k but mobo died so might as well upgrade the whole thing, it's been 3 years since the last upgrade. Apus are pretty shite

> amd cpu
why

Best bang for the buck

oh. great.

well. do it .I guess

What setup are you running user

Used? Maybe, if you watercool the CPU.
Brand new? Not a chance.

It'd be new, I don't feel comfortable with used parts at all. Why do you think it'd be a bad idea? What do you suggest?

well if we are talking about the best bang for buck, its going to be cpus that cost $5-10

This shit doesn't even feature the CPU I'm about to buy, intel 6600k, fucking cucks

Don't be a smartass

Must be a shit cpu then

>AMD CPU + NVIDIA GPU

>FX-9590
Do you have any idea what you're doing?
>970 chipset
You are genuinely fucking stupid jesus fuck

Actually i don't and I'm trying to get constructive criticism and suggestions but all you niggers do is spew memes and call me names

Why the fuck would you buy the FX-9590? I have the FX6350, and I can tell you the only other worthwhile AMD CPU is the 8350. Also Why buy the 970 when the RX480 is around the corner?

You need to do a lot more reading. Also go to reddit if you're a little bitch who needs a hugbox

never buy msi garbage for amd or intel.

buy gigabyte or asus

Asus Pro Gaming 970 Aura or something 990fx based,gigabyte or asus

9590 taxes the motherboards vrm pretty hard,so dont skimp on the motherboard,the Pro Gaming Aura has a good VRM for the price

logicalincrements.com/

Get an 8350 retard

Make sure it's a good one, too. If you get a good chip they can hit 4.7ghz on air, or more, with reasonable voltage

It's more CPU than I've ever needed

I wouldn't get proc unless you can get it really cheaply.

You'll need a good motherboard, something like Crosshair V Formula Z or Sabertooth 990FX boards and good cooling, at least a 240mm AIO liquid cooler. A case with good airflow is a must.

If you really want to upgrade your CPU right now and want to stay with AMD then look at 8350 or 8320e instead.

if you go aio liquid you'll want fans blowing down on your VRM

an 8320e or 8350 is a much better buy

>2016
>still considering an FX-9590
>shills actually pushing it

Jesus tapdancing Christ. The fx-9590 is 4 fucking years old already and it wasn't a really sensible chip to begin with: the seemingly huge potential offset by the ridiculous tdp and temps. The 8380 would be a better option although it's also a bit outdated.

I'd wait a little while until the rx 480 came out before pulling the trigger on a 970.