One step closer to bankruptcy

Literally GTX 970 level performance, and will cost more than the cheapest 970s right now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Bm5ZCJah-FY
youtube.com/watch?v=pQ9CiDozMMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f_Lt41pdGJk
youtube.com/watch?v=VsaSdTMv7ms
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reference 970s are still 340aud here, let's see how much this will cost. If they have the 8gb option for around 360aud, it'll still be more worth it.

the 970 is $250-$270 after rebate at the moment

the 480 will be $200 usd with a full 4gb of Ram and 8gb for $30 more, it will offer 970/390 tier performance, which is what AMD promised. They promised to make VR affordable and the aformentioned GPU's are currently the recommended GPU's for VR. I don't see a problem with this at all.

>I wan't there to be 1 GPU company so they and they alone can dictate prices and performance forever.

This is how stupid you sound.

This, you bandwagoning hypetrain memefaggot.

When games start using 8 GB of VRAM, the 480 will already be too slow.

Why the fuck would you buy 3.5 in 2016?

Mirror's Edge Catalyst can use up to 6gb even at 1080p. The 970 can't even run it at max settings due to its memory limitations. It's just a taste of what's to come.

Also: Just because you were dumb enough to fall for pooloo/chink clickbait articles posted on Sup Forums for the last month doesn't mean AMD mislead you. You willingly fooled yourself if you thought a $200 product was going to replace a $400-$500 product

>3.5 is enough they said

youtu.be/Bm5ZCJah-FY

>implying anyone will sell it for msrp
You're fucking delusional.

480 factory-overclocked configuration to 1328 MHz
970 Boost Clock 1367 MHz
GOD Doesn't exist

It's pretty amazing what a failure this thing is turning out to be.

I wanted AMD to do so well, but they failed miserably.

Nice reference card meme you shit house. Wait for aftermarket coolers, kiddo

>You willingly fooled yourself if you thought a $200 product was going to replace a $400-$500 product
But that's literally what Raja Koduri himself said in the stream.

Wew lad, you really sound triggered.

If you want to use all of the crazy scalers and maxed rendering options in MadVR, the 480 will kick the shit out of any 970 or 980 due to superior compute and hardware decoding performance

This is only a niche usage depending on your chinese cartoon preferences, but for those that this appeals to, it's one hell of an appeal

Too bad no one is playing Mirror's Edge.

This.

It could still be a decent buy, plus we haven't seen any game benchmarks yet.

I'm expecting decent 1440p performance, but it'll be shit for 1080p because of the driver overhead.

after TWO YEARS...

>480
>superior compute and hardware decoding performance

Did I stutter? AMD cards have always been the better MadVR performers because Nvidia loses it's edge for all things not CUDA, their PureVideo days are long behind them

>le GTX 980ti in quad sli for $200 card

Just fucking die already

>AMD cards have always been the better MadVR performers

Unfortunately for AMD, the most important thing is still performance in video games. This is what i, and 99% of the consumers are looking for, not watching their pedo-chinese cartoons with 0.1% better quality.

Let's hope at least for a 10% lead over the 970.

Dammit AMD, what the fuck are you doing

The 480 is in between the 970 and 980, with actual 4gb of VRAM, while using less power for the same price as nvidias pathetic reference design even if we're talking the 8gb model.

Face it nvidiots, you've already lost.

I never bought into to the maximum overshill over the last couple of months, but I did expect a bit better than this

hopefully the non-reference cards will be a bit more impressive

>Unfortunately for AMD, the most important thing is still performance in video games.
Which is why AMD is fine, seeing as they have all the major consoles under their belt, and there are loads more of those than desktop PCs with dedicated graphics.

The only thing I've lost is my faith in AMD. With a shit card like that, the fucking 1070 will never come down in price.

Expanding total addressable market?

>not watching their pedo-chinese cartoons with 0.1% better quality.
kek

Could you people stop using that shitty console argument? AMD barely earns anything on consoles, at least not nearly enough.

The 1070 doesn't need to come down in price, because it has no place on the market at all.

Feel free to point out where it's useful.
1080p? 1440p?
Waste of time, go with the 480.
4K / 1440@120 / VR?
Too weak, go 1080.

The 1070 is a card built by retards for retards.

Ayyy am drone stop with curry plz

Doesn't matter if they only make $1 per console, so far the PS4 and Xbone have sold over 60 million units.

Nice refutation.

Name a situation in which the 1070 is a good purchase over either the 480 or the 1080.

>Waste of time, go with the 480.
But my 390x tri x is faster than poolaris...I don't need this card

>Literally GTX 970 level performance

You need to check what the word "Literally" means.

GTX970 vs RX480
youtube.com/watch?v=pQ9CiDozMMQ

Fucking people already sell their 970's for a 480

What's the point of even posting that video? That card will come out in two days and well see legit benchmarks.

They also sell their 980 Ti's for 1070s which is just as retarded. But hey, people being retards is nothing new.

And my car will hit 175mph down a long and steep enough hill. I don't spend all my time driving down that hill though my friend.

>a 2014 card will beat a 2016

OH MY FUCKING GOD, THIS IS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAZING! NICE JOB AMD! YOU AREN'T TO LATE!!!

>the cheapest 970s
275€? I fucking hope not.

Why the RX 480 is so underclocked?

Then you have 3 choices:
>Be happy with your current performance
>Crossfire 480s while still using less power than a clocked 390X kek
>Buy a GTX 1080 and get cucked in 3 months when the Ti launches and the drivers kill your card in 9

not to mention the GTX 1060 will be a better card

Only because of driver overhead.

Pajeet has been working overtime lately.

>Literally GTX 970 level performance
Wasn't that what was expected from the beginning? GTX 970 performance and reaching close to GTX 980 performance when overclocked?

>10-25% higher performance despite being clocked 200mhz down and without mature drivers
nvidiots BTFO

I totally want to buy a gpu with drivers that won't mature for another 12 months.

Where do you live? cheapest 970 in Germany it's 249. Seen it go for sub 200 on ebay, used mind you.

Q-What's the point of even posting that video? That card will come out in two days and well see legit benchmarks.
A-So you dont have to wait 2 days.

You comment has nothing to do with my post.

Q-Why the RX 480 is so underclocked?
A-Because it's a reference card and it might also be the 6pin connection

You mean that card that doesn't exist yet, doesn't even have a release date and doesn't have a hope of competing with a future 480X + 480 price drop?

Doesn't matter if it takes 12 months, it's still a 100w, $199 card matching 980s right now.
Running on pre-release drivers.

The reference card is clocked at 1266mhz.

Competition only works when all parties involved are competent. Buying from an incompetent company to "support" competition only rewards incompetence.

KING OF THE WILD

it will be here in a few months, we wont see a price drop for the 480 for a long time.

I keep wondering if I would actually benefit from the 8gb card of if I should just go with the cheaper 4gb.
I'm not sure I even play any games that could use that much, except for maybe ff14 and perhaps when I really get a hair up my ass for it for whatever reason, tera online.

>I totally want to buy a gpu with drivers that won't mature for another 12 months.

Well your only other choice is buying a gpu with drivers that either make the card run slower after 12 months, or just straight up kill the card.

So I can understand your decision.

Except it will barely match a 970 until drivers mature.

Fuck off, we've already seen this happen with hd7970 and r9 290x.

I want a card that'll perform well now, and it'll perform just as well in 3 years when I upgrade.

That's why I'm getting a 1070 instead.

Plus don't forget the overhead from your shit drivers.

Finland. Not like I looked super hard for deals, but trying out three price comparison sites (one of which is PC focused) it was the best I could find.

The product will most likely perform as expected minus the monumental hype surrounding it.

I do not classify this as incompetence.

>A-Because it's a reference card and it might also be the 6pin connection

But the reference card is 1266MHz base clock. That video shows it at 1025MHz. Much more likely is that it's a 390 or 390X and a bullshit fake video.

Except you're talking out of your ass while in this very thread there's a video showing it comprehensively beating the 970, while clocked low.

But if you really cared about competition, you'd wait for the 1060/ti or 1050 to be out to decide who you'll support.

I like what I see.

newegg already confirmed they would. are you new?

>relying on pre release benchmarks

If it's as powerful as a 980, then it'll perform as well as a 970.

Thank AMD drivers and their shit performance on anything less than an overclocked i7.

I have no idea why people suddenly think this card won't perform in game at least to the level of a 390x given the AMD verified info we have on it at this point.

If it ends up being less that out of the gate it'll likely be an early driver and or cooler related issue that will be fixed by the time the AIB cards hit. Embrace the good news.

youtube.com/watch?v=f_Lt41pdGJk

It's launching with enough stock that it will actually be at $199 for the 4gb model by mid next month at the latest, likely looking at 8gb backplate models for under $250 even at launch.

Feel free to post your source on the 1060s supposed release date.
There's already not enough chips to go around for the 1070s and 1080s so it's not going to be one of those cut down even more, so the release date is...
Sometime in the future.

Meanwhile, AMD already have mass quantities of 480 and by the end of the year sales will see $179 4gb reference models.

Not to mention the 470, which is looking like it will have within 5% of 970 performance for $150

brb you might be right

It's not as powerful as a 980, it's already performing at the level of a 980 as confirmed by multiple leaks and multiple videos.

Once again, this is on pre-release drivers. Give it a couple months and cards clocked at 1.3-1.35ghz will be easily beating 980s.
While using less than 150w, and costing $199.

>wah CPUs wah
Welcome to modern gaming. Tons of CPU and tons of RAM use to compensate for shitty console ports.

If all I did was wait around for the next best thing for my needs, I'd still be running a 9800GT.

This card is a great value and it fits my needs. I don't see see any issue with this card or buying it as soon as the non-reference cards come out.

The reference is 1266 at 'full', not base clock. 1025 might very well be one of its lower power states.

>Once again, this is on pre-release drivers

Just give up AMDrone, nobody believes that bullshit anymore

It's so cute how you have no points.

Feel free to keep supporting nvidia, though. It's cool that they have the GTX 1080, it's the only product they have with any point for the foreseeable future. That fact will keep them warm at night when they're selling the 50 a week they can actually produce.

AMD will just be over here selling 500 480s a day.

>overclocked cards won't use more power
AMDRONES THIS DELUSIONAL HOLY SHIT

The RX-480 will have a base clock of 1120 MHz and boost clock of 1266 MHz

Yea video seeming sketchy, I guess we have to wait.

FURY-X vs GTX1080 DX12

youtube.com/watch?v=VsaSdTMv7ms

Most disappointing card to come out in ages. What the fuck is AMD thinking.

They're relying on Sup Forums and /r/AMD to shill for them somehow

Thats not an analogy you stupid twat.

It uses 100-110w in stock form, 150w is its theoretical max.
Stop being a dumbass.

It will only beat a 980 because nvidia will stop caring about optimising drivers for the 9xx cards.

gimping*

It's like these morons don't even understand the basics about a video card

In a year it will outperform the 980 Ti because of gimping. Yet somehow, Nvidiots will defend this.

No we already have benchmarks showing it using at least 147W in stock

Average doesn't mean shit, strix 960 still managed to pull 250w from the pcie slot regardless how low average was, 295x2 pulled more than rated capacity from the psu power connectors.

It will pull up to 150w without an overclock, and higher when overclocked.

You're a dumbass AMDrone, go lick SUs asshole.

Nobody has found proof of performance going up by reverting back to older drivers.

I was agreeing with you actually, the morons are the AMDtards who have no clue

The gimping is not because of the drivers. It's the goyworks games utilizing needless features (excessive tessellation) that made Kepler cards run like shit. Even if Pascal really is mostly just a higher clocked Maxwell, Nvidia will find a way. Stay cucked though.

are these cards worth the cash as a canadian or will i be messed up by customs and duties that i should just use my intel graphics.

>shifting the goalposts this much
My Android phones get slower at the end of their lives because they don't have the latest hardware to support the latest software. Am I being gimped too? And if gimping has nothing to do with the drivers, why do people ALWAYS mention them?

>i should just use my intel graphics

Whatever you do, don't do this

It's okay user, he's too autistic to be reasoned with, he'll just use outdated "muh gimping" benchmarks.

Sorry m8, I misread your post.

If you can consider using Intel graphics, you probably won't see much benefit from a dedicated GPU.

>defending gimping
Explain to me the purpose of tessellation to the subpixel level please. dumbass

For when the camera shifts angle. Now answer the fucking question. Is google gimping me?

They don't gimp, but nice try

>subpixel level please

Do you know how rasterization works?

>AMD
>powerful card
>bad drivers
what is new?
wait some months and compare again