Falling for the Apple meme

Honestly why do normies buy $1000 laptops to just browse facebook and watch youtube videos when a $250 laptop can do the same

Asus: 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Silver
Price: $249.00

Macbook Air: 13.3" Display - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 128GB Flash Storage - Silver
Price: $999.99

The latest air comes with 512GB storage, even the base model.

Just wanted to point that out

ok

nothing you ever post on Sup Forums will stop people buying apple laptops

I just really like bash 3.2

>i3 vs i5
>8gb ram

Well that laptop probably has meh 4-5 hour battery life, weighs around 5.5 pounds when a lot of people buy the air for being lightweight, and it has an HDD.

A better argument could be comparing the Air to a Chromebook for purely internet use. Like the Acer Chromebook 14 which looks really close to a Air and has good battery life.

Because.

The Asus EA200 is the smarter buy, gets 13 hours battery life for web browsing, and 18 hours if you're just idling or typing shit in Word.

>being too poor for XPS 13 masterrace.

Also, the manufacturer of the $250 laptop probably lowered costs by allowing shady software makers (e.g. McAfee, Norton) to slip their malware on there in exchange for money.

Because Im not poor.

If you're in NA and want a Windows laptop maybe buy it from Microsoft Store. They ship ""clean"" versions of Botnet 10.

>Honestly why do normies buy
Who gives a fuck? It's not your money, so why do you care?

Or are you one of those special snowflakes that expects the world to conform to their limited vision?

>why do brainless idiots fall for marketing so easily?

Same reason cherrios sells for $4 a box while malto-meal sells for $2 a bag and both taste completely identical.

Poo in the loo iPajeet.

I thought it was obvious enough.

Not even close, but thank you for proving my point.

PAJEET MY SON

Windows is not going to run as nice with 2gb of ram compared to Chromebooks. Would rather get a Chromebook and run word online.

I remember when I brought a $400 acer laptop with a i5 two years ago and it was LOADED with bloatware. It was probably just $400 for a reason.

But it's amazing how cheap laptops are getting now for the specs.

i feel like she doesn't wipe her pussy well enough and it would taste like piss

0 for 2. Want to try again?

Kek. Its hilarious how defensive these anti-apple kids get when someone mentions apple. They simply start attacking you in every way just because you have a product from a brand they dont like. Talk about insecurity.

2 rupees have been deposited in your Apple propaganda account Rajeesh.

Underrated post.

why do the windows wallpapers always look like grainy crap?

Kek. Its hilarious how defensive these apple kids get when someone mentions they don't like apple. They simply start shilling their garbage all over the board just because you don't like a product from a brand they like. Talk about insecurity.

And you've now failed.

Not an Apple fan, but not a basement dwelling NEET that's triggered by people buying stuff in general, let along things you don't like.

But thanks for playing. Here's your (You).

Why not mention a netbook that has better battery life and portability too?

same thing with GNU/Linux fags and windows fags, and androidfags, and oakley fags, and amdfags, and intelfags, and atifags and nvidiafags

I have an Asus t100ta and windows 8 runs fine, it handles word processing with ease and I can have 11-13 tabs open in my browser with no lag.

Is that the best you got? Copying me?

That is not what happens at all, every single time someone mentions apple here you are guaranteed to get a bunch of childish meme replys.

I hardly see apple users forcing Apple on unrelated threads.

Will Sup Forums ever stop being so anally ravaged by people who like what they don't like?

I really like my iPad Pro, but it's not for everyone.

Yeah, you're right. They're specifically for retards.

Someone's mad.

The only ones that are mad are the iPajeet shills that won't be getting paid for this thread.

Exactly how are you not normal? Please tell me how you are special and not normal.

I've lurked plenty of Apple threads on Sup Forums, this is how it normally goes down.

>Apple users on Sup Forums
>yeah I received it as a gift/hand me down from technologically illiterate family, it's not as bad as people say although I wouldn't buy it full price

>Windows users on Sup Forums
>OMG MACTODDLERS KILL URSELVS LMAO GO BACK TO INDIA PAJEET, YOU CANT EVEN PLAY GAYMES ON IT

>Linux users on Sup Forums
>*busy arguing with people who use a different distro in another thread*

Poo in the loo, iPajeet.

I like OS X, I use an iPhone, use Apple Music, develop for App Store I buy apple products used for hundreds less than new, my family members and gf all use Apple products so I use iMessage and FaceTime daily. I'll probably continue to use Apple products unless I have a dramatic lifestyle change.

>too poor to afford an XPS 13
kys

t. Satya Nadella

>normies buy apple
I think you mean teenagers and uni students buy apple. My parents are still using a generic Compaq laptop from the late 2000s for movies, and their phones for everything else. All the older people I've met have the same.

True dat.

I have a VivotabRT

But many future older people will use Apple because that's what they've always done. The teenagers and college students of today are tomorrow's old people.

>I hardly see apple users forcing Apple on unrelated threads.

You're not even trying anymore Rajeesh.

My grandparents use Apple because Android and Windows are too hard for them to learn.

>I hardly see apple users forcing Apple on unrelated threads.
The key being "apple users" aren't doing the forcing.

I have practically never seen a student on my campus with a laptop that wasn't a macbook. I'm pretty sure I have heard people snickering about my T61p before. It's just absolutely amazing that Apple has got its hooks so deep into this particular demographic.

>1366x768 @ 15.6" vs 1440x900 @ 13.3"
Neither is particularly good but the first will make you want to claw your eyes out. Shit's downright criminal

>Mud-slow 4200RPM HD vs 800MB/s+ SSD
Really comes down to if you value space or speed.

>4GB RAM vs 8GB
MBA straight up wins here

Now is the 13" MBA worth $999 in a HiDPI world? No, not really. It was a good buy at one point in time but isn't today - if you're in the market for an MBA, a 13" rMBP is most certainly a better option unless you're really THAT anal about that .5lbs less weight.

If I had to price the 13" MBA I'd put it at $699-$750, and that's with brand value added on. The 11" MBA should just be discontinued, it's pointless as fuck with the 12" Macbook around

>A lot of people
>caring about lightweight laptop like 5 pounds matters

You means fags and women.

More like people who actually like to go outside and travels a lot.

Yeah bro! Right on, only HOMOSEXUALS and BITCHES want a laptop that isn't heavy as shit! It's gotta be that they're too weak to carry them, right? Only MEN can carry 5lbs!! Dude, you're spot on bro.

Why would I care about the weight of a laptop if I never leave my mom's basement?

Not that guy but the weight isn't as problematic as the form factor. Cheap 15.6" slab laptops are unwieldy to pack/unpack, carry around, etc. Reduced weight is mostly a side effect of a more easily manageable form factor.

Ultrabooks are much nicer in this regard. They're easy to pack away and take almost no space in a bag or a backpack.

This. It's hilarious how many "tough guy" delusional right-wing neckbeards post here.

There's three Macbooks:

Plain: worse than celeron piece of shit with the worst keyboard in the history of computing

Air: same 1366x768 TN piece of shit you find on $200 craptops, and it's glossy on top of thjat

Pro: if you try to use the high end hardware they cram into it, it catches fire

They're all utter shit, and only a moron would buy any of them.

>Air: same 1366x768 TN piece of shit you find on $200 craptops, and it's glossy on top of thjat
I know this is copypasta but this is just wrong.

The 13" model's 1440x900 is 24% more (246,912) pixels than 1366x768. That's most certainly not the same.

The 11" is 1366x768 but honestly the 11" has no reason to exist. It's easily one of the crappiest laptops Apple's produced to date.

Why do you care?
Is it to make yourself feel superior to the "normies" who obvously have more disposable income and better jobs than you do?
Good luck with that attitude.

Arguing with trolls makes them stronger.
Please don't do it.
It's like wrestling with a pig; the pig enjoys it and you get covered in shit.

I'm sorry I'm not some manchild who glues their laptop to a table and never moves it anywhere. I travel frequently with my laptop and having something reasonably small and lightweight makes a massive difference on my busy days.

>
Asus: 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Silver
Price: $249.00

what laptop is this though?

Oh yes, I forgot that everyone on Sup Forums was some businessman CEO big shot who constantly travels.

>being this autistic
You don't have to be a CEO to travel a lot.

>Honestly why do fanbois build $1000 "rigs" to just browse Sup Forums and watch MLP?

The 13inch macbook pros are genuinely top of class laptops.

All other apple products are not worth their weight in sand.... Maybe one of the imacs is worth it if you absolutely require osx, but still of course best bang for buck would be build a hackintosh in that instance.

But yeah, at least when I bought my mbp 13inch retina in 2015 it was the best laptop for the price (in aus). Believe me I was loathe to buy it but it ended up being good and osx is quite nice for a laptop os.

>The 13inch macbook pros are genuinely top of class laptops.
Not at the moment. The 13" is stuck on Broadwell and the 15" is stuck on Haswell.
If they were already upgraded to Skylake battery life will increase dramatically.
The Dell XPS 13 for example has a smaller 58Wh battery, but it lasts 13 hours on a charge with a 3200x1800 display, 3 hours longer than a rMBP13 that has lower resolution and a much larger 73Wh battery..

Are people not allowed to choose to pay more for something they want?

I mean. If it's not going to break he bank and how it looks really means that much to you, why not?

I wouldn't personally do it, but I honestly don't care how other people spend their money.

I should have worded differently, i meant top of class as in, in the say, top 5 or 10, not the literal best.

When I was buying it was the literal best for the price though. However, I genuinely believe that OSX is the best operating system on a laptop, especially if you dont use an external mouse, the gestures and workflow improved my laptop experience a lot, I used to loathe using laptops and now I enjoy it.

Still have no intention of ever getting an apple desktop, or the 15inch laptops, both cause 15inch is too big and cause theyre complete dogshit overheating trash.

Having said all that I wont upgrade to 2016 or 2017 mpb or whenever they refresh, not until this laptop is not fit for purpose.

>blatant shilling for Asus laptops
You don't need an Intel i3, 4 GB of RAM, and a 1 TB hard drive just to browse facebook and watch youtube videos.

Personally, OSX has been going downhill since I got mine back in 2013, it's become more bloated, stutters a lot and became less battery efficient.
It's a sad situation that Windows 10 lasts longer on my Mac than El Cap that is supposedly Mac optimized. Yes, I did clean installs of OSX and it doesn't help much at all.

That Asus lappy is a pure piece of garbage with an underclocked i3 and garbage hdd

>250$
>1000$

Thats pretty unfortunate, I haven't had this long enough to compare really, basically as soon as I got it elcapitan was in beta (within a few months, at most).

Spitballing, but could it be your battery just getting old?
>Windows 10 gets longer battery life
Yeah that was a dumb idea.

I was considering installing win10 on this too just to compare the speed differences, but it seemed like a hassle. I got into the process of installing linux but it didnt work for whatever reason (i didnt even get to the installing process) but that was just for fun so i didnt bother to push the issue.

What I can mention though is that on the 2015 rmbp el capitan was an improvement, at least visually, ie animations and such.
I never ran benchmarks to compare in other metrics.

>i got into the process of installing linux
>i couldnt get into the installing process.

I mean i mounted the iso and booted into the recovery or whatever, but the installation process of the iso didnt work.

oh, and i meant my battery dying idea was dumb, not installing windows10

Battery on mine is still fine at 92% health.
It's really a shame watching Apple neglect the OSX platform. They got 5 mins total at this years WWDC while iOS for iPhone got more than an hour of coverage.

yeah, the new osx, sorry, sierra os.. OSX sounds so much cooler... was pretty underwhelming, siri might be fun to meme on for a bit, but I didn't get wowed by anything.

At least el capitan felt like it had some improvements, similar to intels tik-tok. sierra just feels like meme additions similar to iPhone marketing.