>rx480 launch
>house fires and gimped drivers
>Sup Forums still somehow still going to shill this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cz-JwI0d8f8
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZQS_RLOKx4
youtube.com/watch?v=myDYnofz_JE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Sup Forums is full of poorfags who will overhype anything marketed as a "great value"
Who would have thought?

It's amazing how no one mentions the 1070 offering Titan x performance at half the price though

REMOVE NVIDIOTS

> AMD doesn't pay devs to unoptimize their games to get people to buy / upgrade to their highest end GPU's

Fuck off shill

Baka~

I'm completely satisfied with my 1070, it's an awesome value.
>mfw this sends the AMDrone into an autistic fit of rage

Who are you quoting?

I'm picking one up for my 1600p monitor, really keen too because my gtx 680 is barely holding up on medium.

Got an EVGA 980 Superclocked, should I even bother with this generation? I'm still running a 1080p monitor

Nah you'll be good for a couple more years I reckon. You should be able to overclock to near 980ti/1070 performance

Thank god. Hopefully that'll be around the time 4K 144hz monitors will have a nice drop in price and I can finally leave 2004 behind

>All these Nvidia fags creating new threads about how crap the 480 is.

They simply can't ignore it. Hmm.

I count 4 anti-AMD threads. 2 Neutral and one anti-Nvidia thread on the board right now.

Nvidia shills must be really worried.

>paxwell are literal housefires
toppest of kek

nvidiots in full damage control

Wow, AMDrones are getting desperate since they don't have anything good to say

It's been very noticable how much it's increased as we get closer to launch. Guess the 1060 isn't ready yet, so we get this instead.

Hey you Nvidia shills created these shitposting threads to begin with after all.

>>rx480 launch
>>house fires and gimped drivers
sauce?

But there's no denying that nvidia holds the performance crown, and with these price drops they're also holding the budget crown.

On launch day all you will get is Nvidiots spamming Sup Forums with 'Hurrdurr told you your $200 meme card was a housefire and can't overclock for shit' on reviews of reference cards.

Guaranteed.

>Performance crown.
Nobody has ever denied that. You will pay the premium for that performance too. It was probably Nvidia shills saying that the midrange AMD card would OC to 1600Mhz on the reference cards as flame bait. I have no proof of that obviously but it seems pretty suspicious how that keeps being cherry picked by Nvidia shills to bait with.

The card is likely to deliver exactly on what was promised. A $200 card for 1080p gaming with low power consumption around the 100-120w mark.

Yes I know you can but older cards that perform similar for the same cost or lower. But they use more power etc. When those cards came out they were nearly twice the price too so it's a bit lame comparing them on that basis.

For someone building a gaming PC on a budget the 480 sits in the perfect price to performance range.

Overclockers will need to wait for the third party AIB's and pay a little more. We may see some surprises on that front.

I have nothing against you buying your super duper enthusiast card. Go enjoy it and stop shitting up the board with epeen measurements.

>budget pc
>budget cpu
>suffer from driver overhead

Until AND fixes that they don't hold the budget crown.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cz-JwI0d8f8

go back to Sup Forums and bitch about manlytears or whatever you Sup Forumsirgins talk about on that containment board

Autism.

Why would someone get an APU and then use a dedicated GPU, though? People buying in the price range of a 480 are far more likely to spring for an fx-6300 etc., or maybe even an i5. Budget doesn't necessarily mean cheap and nasty, it just means getting the most bang for your buck and spending sensibly.

880k is an apu without the gpu.

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZQS_RLOKx4

go back to Sup Forums summerfag

DX12

Botnet

This is literally the first post I have seen in days that is not a fucking troll.

These threads is just autists and people posting bait. I saw some poor fucker getting mad at some guy that posted that the 480 will be 1080 tier. He even capped the thing

Ashes of Singularity

Shit.

I've got an R9 380 currently. Should I upgrade to 1070/ 480?

Right, and it costs $90 or so. Is that really the sort of part you're buying to go along with a $200+ GPU, outside of tricycle-with-a-rocket-strapped-to-the-back builds? The problem of driver overhead doesn't really exist in real world scenarios.

Yes.

Lots of people buy an apu and add a better gpu when they can afford it later on.

The 980 ti beat you to it also

>$379 msrp 1/3 you over payed goy

1070 vs 980 ti price though? $370 vs 650?

Can confirm. I did this. Didnt have money for a GPU at first. Eventually got a dedicated card. My A10-5800K OCs quite well (5.1GHz) but still is a bottleneck. Will be upgrading later this year.

It's a very nice option you get with APUs, but with the driver overhead of AMD graphics, even the APUs themselves would perform better with it gone, because of the weaker cores.

>tfw the kiddie GPU wars on this board will finally end soon

Honestly all technical discussion aside, I still get decent performance from that A10-5800K plus a 270X. I'm pulling 130 FPS in BF4, and even decent frames in Witcher 3.

>will finally end soon
lmaooo it hasn't even begun

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Kill yourself, I mean life has already started the job for you, now fucking finish it.

just wait for vega

>RX480 hasn't launched yet
>it gets to 85C on THIS cooler
>$200

Like seriously, nvidia shitters are going into full blown denial

88 degrees, baka~

>reference cooler
>expecting it not to be a housefire
nvidiot memory is so short...
youtube.com/watch?v=myDYnofz_JE

>founders edition
>$100 more expensive than something that doesn't exist
>non-shit coolers are more expensive than the "founders edition"
the announced price of the 1080 is a scam
oh and europe, enjoy the 30-40% higher price
>i'm european

If you're too poor for nvidia, get an AMD.

>nvidia holds the performance crownthats
interesseting didn´t know nvidia produces the RADEON DUO PRO the fastest gpu on the market atm but don´t mind me

poorfaggot fuck off . Thinks he knows what hes on about because he watched a youtube video.

>It's summer
>3 Nvidia threads
Not surprising

please kill yourself :^)

When the 1080 only just is beaten by it for well under half the price.
Yeah good going there.

>only just is beaten by it
nigger, please stop smoking dogshit and stop shitposting

>he thinks dual gpu cards count
Gtx 1080 sli would smash that shit.

if 480 is better than 380X it would be a win for me, seeing as they both were/are the same price

sorry but performance crown is not price/performance crown poor fag and amd has the fastests card on the market named radeon duo pro
so fuck you poor n/v/idiot

>nigger
Get back to Sup Forums you child

> I-I CHERRY PICK MY BENCHMARKS AND USED CARDS SO MY FAVORITE BRAND WINS
lol n/v/diots fact the radeon duo pro is the fastest card on the market whine all you want kiddos

samefagging

It's crossfire, it's a 400w monster, and it barely edges or the 1080.

Prove me wrong. But your won't because you can't.

Stupid shill.

IT'S ONLY 14FPS FASTER THAN A 1080, HOLY SHIT WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Enjoy your late crossfire drivers, buggy graphics, stutters and horrible frametimes for something that's barely better than a single 1080 :')

>Buying AMD
>Supporting terrorism

Pick two.

:^)

Allahu snackbar, housefires for all

>nvidia talking shit about amd's drivers
comedy gold

AMD releases drivers?

>only one update in 2014 for radeon GPUs

Kek

no/v/dio trying shill for their card gimping drivers top cuck

480s being used for bitcoin mining as they not much good for anything else

>tfw 720p monitor running Intel HD530
man gaymers sure are a pathetic bunch (who should leave Sup Forums).

>bitcoinmining
>extreme computing power is needed to mine as fast as possible
>no nivida cards are used only amd
> extreme computing power needed
hmmmmmmm

>talks about gimped drivers
>shills for AMD
Enjoy your housefire cards amd driver overhead :')

Are we really comparing a 4 core 3.8ghz cpu with an 8 core 4-44ghz one?

As If you can even buy a 1070 right now for under 500 dollars

Actually no, they literally get them for the MHash/s .

1080 thermi 2.0 housefire nvidio cuck talks about housefire ahahahsahahahahaha

It's about the impact of driver overhead on the cpu you retard. If don't understand what that means then maybe you should go back to Sup Forums.

(you)

I get get one now for 530usd, which is still $120 cheaper than the 980 ti and has 2gb more vram.

Also ausfag so that's with tax already included.

the joke is that nvidia has shitty computing power. which is true. what they rely on is proprietary technology that gimps amd cards and shilling

Wow nice speculation there buddy, good on you for holding on to those outdated beliefs like a good little Christian

This is why nvidya sucks balls. They release a midrange card and charge 25% more than the last gen midrange card. At least team red keeps the msrp in line with last gen, plus you get better performance for less $$. And you poofters think it's allright.

OP has no sauce. It's b8

i still don't see nvidia cards being used for mining, though
how about you go kill yourself? :^)

It may be midrange, but look at performance.

It's a Titan x for half the price.

Kinda bummed out that it's not msrp, but it's still good value. Even if the rx480 benches to be only 30% slower at almost a third the price, you still won't get what you pay for because of the driver overhead, unless you're using an i7 or a 1440p or 4k display.

>CUDAminer

If there was no 480, and no AMD, they would have kept the msrp of the last gen the same. No $260 970, no cheap 980ti. The fact a Titan costs $1k in the first place is a joke. No competition means your 1070 would have been 550 or more. Moore's law is a joke to nvidya. More transistors=more $$$ for them.

But Titan x is a niche, for everyone else there's the 980 ti

Overpriced as well. If nvidya had their way, the ti would have been $800, and people would still shill it. It's as fast as a Titan for 20% less!!!

I have a 6600k, driver overhead is not a pressing concern for me.

Lol, my old 970 never went past 65C

My gtx 680 doesn't even get to 60 degrees in unigine heaven benchmark.

Based gigabyte.

>CUDAminer
only used to get every drop of (inexistent) performance out of these shitty cards
amd shits all over nvidia in pure compute

Fans aren't running well though

Check your Nvidia privilege, not all of us can afford an efficient tdp

>current year
>people are STILL sperging out about the frame rates on their 4k murder simulators
>there are people who can see random letters like "rk480" and actually get feelings from it
why?

Is that a reference, or heavily overclocked card?

Try setting a higher fan curve?