/sqt/

Stupid, questions, thread, etc.
Google first, dont bump, help others.

Other urls found in this thread:

think-like-a-computer.com/2015/04/17/boot-bcd-0xc000000f-windows-7/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Node.js
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previous thread:

So i finally managed to create a bootable win 7 install usb however as soon as i get past the welcome box it gives me this STUPID fucking retarded CD/DVD device driver missing error every single time.

I have literally tried everything at this point. The problem is that my netbook i'm trying to install win 7 on does not have any kind of dvd drive. I even put out the 2,5" hdd and put it into a sata bridge to install win7 from another PC on there but the retarded kikerosoft devs are apparently to stupid to make the windows installer work on external hdd's for some reason.

So yeah, i'm back to square one now and no matter what i try the fucking error doesn't resolve itself. I even tried injecting proper usb 3.0 drivers into the iso via the intel win 7 usb creator utility but instead of booting up properly into the install screen now it's permanently stuck on a black screen when i boot from the thumb drive.

The funny thing is that i somehow managed to get win7 on said netbook once before but i forgot how i managed to do that and now it's not working at all fuck

I am literally fucking desperate at this point, how the FUCK do i make this stupid retarded bitchass shit work fuck fuck FUCK

Also the reason i want to reinstall is because i turned on file compression by accident when i merged two partitions earlier and this fucked up the bootmgr for some reason. It says bootmgr is missing every time now.

So yeah the OS itself is still on the hdd but it refuses to boot up. I tried the startup repair/recovery console but no matter what commands i put into there from other threads it does not fucking work

How do i fix the missing bootmgr lads cmon

I'm trying to copy my files from my microSD card to my computer. This is by microSD > microSD to SD adapter > SD to USB adapter.

I think there's something up somewhere along the chain since it keeps dismounting during transfers, and this is on multiple computers.

How do I know what stores on ebay are worth buying from? Even the 'proper' stores look amateurish.

Its probably the card reader, try a different one.

Is there a way to make windows server 2012 look more more drivers?
It only really seems to find a few drivers, while windows 7 8 and 10 will download pretty much everything which makes me think it isn't "looking hard enough" for drivers

Have a live USB for Ubuntu, need a live USB for Windows.

Can I boot into Ubuntu off the USB then reformat the drive it's on?

I'd say the SD to USB adapter is the culprit. Get a Enlight 3.5" SD adapter (look on google,it's a big multi reader),connect it to a usb header on your motherboard,and check if it works.

Look for a bootmgr file on the root of your HDD. If it isn't there,try to copy it from the Windows DVD to the root of HDD,and try to see if it boots.

What's a good language to learn for freelance work? I'm coming up in my fourth year in my CS degree, but I feel like I don't really know much and figured I'd learn something useful while I have this much free time.

And is the Web Design general any good? Or are they the same animu loving autists from the desktop threads?

Wait,you want to format the USB that Ubuntu is on,while being on the live Ubuntu on the USB? Well,no,you can't. You need a Ubuntu install on the HDD,and from there you can use your favourite USB install application for Linux.

Is the gentoomen library torrent dead? The tracker "ccc.de" gives me an error.

i want to upgrade my ram and the motherboard has 4 slots of ddr2 and supports max of 8gb, should i buy 4 dimms of 2Gb or i can get 2dimms of 4Gb in case i upgrade the motherboard to a newer one that supports 16gb with the same cpu?

I'm using win7 and google couldn't help:

My mouse is locked, it lags when I click, I can't click on anything, and my stereo makes beeping noises when I click/scroll.

What do I do? I got here via keyboard shortcuts

DDR2 is obsolete, anything new you would buy would not be compatible.

im about to replace ddr2 with ddr2 modules, so for everything new i bought it works

which one of you faggots was this?

Your question was whether you should buy a different size RAM to carry over to a new motherboard
If you got a new motherboard it should not be using DDR2 and thus planning like this is pointless.

the questions was about the number of modules. new motherboard was a future scenario in case the one i have fails and i want to buy jsut a newer motherboard with the same socket that can support 16gb of ram instead to upgrade to a newer platform

>Look for a bootmgr file on the root of your HDD. If it isn't there,try to copy it from the Windows DVD to the root of HDD,and try to see if it boots.

Alright so i tried to do robocopy from usb to c:\ bootmgr, it said the operation was completed succesfully however with robocopy from usb \Boot to C:\Boot /s it says it can't find the file specified or something ("System cannot find the file specified")

Also when i do dir c:\ /ah it says 0 files found or something

The startup repair says that the boot mgr is missing or corrupt too and that it can't find the file

Wat do now

Also i tried marking the partition as active via cmd too as apparently that did the trick for some people but in my case it still doesn't work so yeah

Wait,what did you use to copy it?

You need to do this from the Windows DVD CMD window - boot into the DVD,and do this:

1.SHIFT+F10
2.Go to your DVD drive,and locate the bootmgr (should be root of the DVD I think)
3.Write copy bootmgr C:\ and press enter.
4.Reboot.

You need to copy the bootmgr file (it won't have any extension) to the C:\ root. Why did you use robocopy is beyond me.

What are the cons of using a private tracker and what do most people us it for

What is a good video encoder? I always used ffmpeg, but I don't know it is good.

Alright so i'm at the root folder of the installation medium, did a directory listing and this is what i get

>setup.exe
>Program Files folder
>sources folder
>Users folder
>Windows folder

No bootmgr to be found though which i could copy onto C:\

Wat do?

I used the robocopy thing cuz that's something i stumbled upon here in this article so i decided to just try it out .terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=411

Also as i wrote above the netbook doesn't have any inbuilt drives so that's why i'm using a bootable thumb drive with the win7 iso on it. I tried this stuff before with an externally connected drive but this gives me frequent I/O errors so even getting into the install screen is a pure gamble, the usb thing is more reliable in this regard

Go into BIOS and check that USB 3.0 is disabled that usually helps

Within the sources folder there's a file called boot.wim, i don't suppose that's the clean bootmgr i'm looking for though

Okay,I need you to tell me if the drive you listed there is X:\. (windows setup has a X:\ drive)

If yes,try changing to D or E drive. You have to see which one is your HDD and which one is your pendrive,omitting the X:\ drive which is just a temporary PE environment drive.

Usually,your pendrive should list this:
>support
>sources
>efi (think this is optional,doesn't matter in what we need to do)
>boot
>setup.exe
>bootmgr.efi
>bootmgr
>autorun.inf

Now,from all these,the one that we need is the one before autorun.inf (in my list) - this is the one that you need to copy - do this by going into the root of your pendrive (D or E,depending on what letter your USB drive was assigned)and doing this:

1.Do a "dir" to see the contents.
2.Write "copy bootmgr C:\"
3.Check your C drive. If it worked,your laptop should boot.

Heh, i mounted the iso on my main machine now and suddenly the two bootmgr files popped up into view (one of them is just listed as "file", the other one as "efi file")

For some reason it doesn't show up within the cmd on the netbook or doesn't get recognized, no wonder the copy didn't work earlier

Alright i'll give it another go now with the efi file

Copy both. If your notebook is UEFI based,it may need it.

Cons are that they can be hard to get into and require you to keep a good ratio. People use it because they have more obscure shit on them.

ffmpeg is pretty much the best there is

More like the only one there is. Everything else is either a fork of it, based on it, or just plain shit.

Yeah it's all listed from X:, i didn't know it was a special temp directory just for the whole installation process, the thing is i actually didn't know the drive letter for the thumb drive up until now but just did a checkup with wmic and now i know that it was separate the whole time

What's also weird is that there's two removable disks listed despite only one thumb drive being plugged in at this moment in time

HOLY FUCK and now i just got this after i successfully copied the bootmgr onto C:

>Windows boot manager - Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
>File: \BOOT\BCD
>Status: 0xc00000f
>An error occured while attempting to read the boot config data

Nope it's still not working, copied both bootmgr files and still getting just now

What the actual fuck is going on FUCK

BCD can be fixed easier I think - just follow the steps here:

think-like-a-computer.com/2015/04/17/boot-bcd-0xc000000f-windows-7/

This will fix the BCD error,unless you have windows installed on a GPT partition.

also if you run that network monitoring software again i'm gonna tell on you

Is it normal that there's only three files when i do a directory listing of C? There's just the two bootmgr files and a Temp folder

Also the "volumename" thing right next to "Local Fixed Disk C:" is empty and it says "Volume in drive C has no label." for some reason too

Could this be why the boot still isn't working?

I tried the bootrec thing listed here

.think-like-a-computer.com/2015/04/17/boot-bcd-0xc000000f-windows-7

but when i type in cd windows on C: it just says "The system cannot find the path specified."

Wat do?

What does it mean when a web application is 'build on top of node' in laymen terms...

Lel dat hivemind

Unfortunately in my case it does nothing/is next to useless, see Regardless, i did try out bcdboot C:\windows just now but this is what i get in response:

>Failure when attempting to copy boot files.

So yeah it doesn't work

What database is fast and good to use with php's pdo?

Also, is there anything new in php?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Node.js

Three files? Well,I can conclude by saying your drive was wiped clean.

You have to reinstall Windows.

Ah fucking hell, that means i'm at the very beginning again now with the stupid "DVD device driver is missing" error which doesn't go away either.

So now i can neither boot up nor install windows anew

Holy fuck

If you have access to another Windows machine,get a ISO and write it with Rufus. That may solve your problems.

Lads what's a good linux distribution which replaces windows 7 and can be installed via USB quickly and also works well on netbooks?

Xubuntu. I have a old Centrino M laptop running it and it's pretty fast.

I actually tried with rufus three times yesterday but it failed to create the bootable usb every single time, wasted almost 2 hours with that useless shit app lel

Whereas with ultra iso and the windows usb download tool it works just fine, but that's not getting me anywhere because of the bitchass stupid device driver error which doesn't go away no matter what i do

If I wanted to search for something like IP cams and only search for actual IP addresses, what do I use? I can't find any option on google to search only IPs..
I only found once service that almost does this but it is behind a paywall and only shows the first few results.

I've recently install Mint XFCE. It's very nice and light.

WHere is the google play movies directory?

I don' want anime in my camera roll.

If there is a better app for this, please do tell.

Fedora. Easy to use, have it on my note book and desktop

Thanks lads i'll take a look at these, i actually wanted to get properly accustomed to linux for some time now anyways

Have you ever accidentally cat a pdf?

Musical beeps.

2x4gb, it's dirt cheap and saves you dimm space.

In simple terms, what is rooting a phone like? A clean install with less restrictions, a patch or something else? Basically, will I have to redownload all my apps?

How do I check why Foobar is freezing if it freezes before the console is updated?

Also, what could it possibly be if:
>it only happens to a specific album, the bands other uploads are fully functional and have essentially the exact same file specs
>it was working perfectly fine before
>a fresh bandcamp download doesn't fix it
>it works as normal in other players

Are there any sort of Foobar crash dump components out there?

I've done it, and as far as my technologically impaired mind understands it; rooting a phone basically just means you unlock the phone's fundamental software permissions.

However, doing that will allow you to install another operating system. And doing that usually includes formatting your main drive, but not necessarily your SD-cards, so it depends where your apps are.

There are various custom operating systems out there, and I didn't research in detail but the most popular one that I'm also using is CyanogenMod. Google that, and I'm sure you'll find some basic tutorials on how to get started.

>get two new 1866 CL 10 RAM modules
>old pair is 1600 CL 9
>the old modules ran at 1866 with no problems
>motherboard shows that new RAM needs 3T command rate (as in XMP)
>UEFI doesn't even have such option
>sandra shows that it should have 2T
>choose the XMP in UEFI
>it's running at 1600 instead of 1866
>sandra shows it has now 4T command rate
>set the XMP parameters manually
>PC doesn't start with those settings

Holy fuck, where is the truth? Whom should I trust?

Also, I should add that operating systems seem like they are very different, so if you want the least bloated/most minimalistic one you'll simply have to browse some top-10 lists until you find one with a appealing description and then look up some reviews about it somewhere else.

>Router
>Switch
>NAS
>Web Server
>Email Server
>Database Server
Can i accomplish all of this in one tower? guide me in the right direction Sup Forums

Is there any difference between the S2415H and U2415H other than AG coating? Do they use the same panel?

The S2415 is far cheaper but I'll pay extra for the U if it's actually a superior display.

Bumping question

>having some overheating problems while playing vidya on my >laptop
>can't get any airflow with anything
>fuck this I'll just tear it open and clean everything (warranty has been over for 2 years)
>I've done this multiple times what could possibly go wrong
>get to the fan and see this monstrosity
>get rid of all that garbage
>put everything back together
>boot up
>finally some air is flowing through the vents
>try to play a video gayme
>after a few minutes everything starts stuttering and >laptop turns off
>rendering anything does the same
>even watching a video for more than a few minutes
>next time (this is after more than a day) I start up and speccy shows that GPU is at 70°C
>right after starting up

Soo did I fuck up the heatsink while putting all the parts back together or something?

its normal for laptops to do that
go get a cooling pad

Already have one.

Thing abut the GPU temperature is that it never goes down. While doing almost nothing (browsing internet, listening to music) the temperature steadily goes up instead of cooling down, that's definitely not normal.

Are there any good 2011-3 mobos out there for the 6800k most reviews I read on amazon have a bunch of people complaining about shit bios.
Needs 2 M.2 ports that won't be obstructed by a single gpu.

Any reason to keep Office (2010) up to date? Macros are disabled, and Windows (7) is up to date.

Did you forget to replace the thermal paste?

NoScript

How do I only allow certain things on specified pages, i.e only allow "googlevideos.com" on youtube, only allow "twimg.com" on twitter, etc?

Does it have anything to do with XSS? What do I need to know in order to learn about this?
>inb4 basic google skills
hehe X^D

and what the fuck does Anti-XSS Protection even mean? Does it protect against XSS or against Anti-XSS features?

What is the two way scroll wheel

not only Anti-XSS Protection, but Anti-XSS Protection Exceptions. At least one of these words must be redundant.

Had a power outage yesterday. Now Windows 7 gets stuck when booting. If I switch to IDE mode it boots, but it's slow as fuck, moreso than it should be even for IDE. Also during boot all USB devices go off and back on.

It's an SSD (840 Pro with RAPID mode enabled). Any idea what's going on? Already tried reinstalling all motherboard drivers. Any ideas would be appreciated.

To add on to this, I already did sfc /scannow

You can't get that level of fine control in Noscript. Umatrix will give you that level.

Tried. Upon looking at the event viewer, says the SSD has bad blocks over and over again. Is there a way to recover bad blocks on an SSD or is it completely fucked?

Try chkdsk /f /r

Hope you got backup anyway.

to invoke the drives' bad block reallocation, you need to overwrite the block
you only get an error if you attempt to read a bad block
you're in trouble if the drive is out of bad blocks (you can work around it in some cases, but the drive will probably be pretty worn if it's out of reallocation space)

>if the drive is out of bad blocks
er, out of reallocation space

How would I go about putting my computer into a sort of minimal mode so I can torrent while saving electricity ?

whats an APP THAT KEEPs all my downloaded tv shows sorted

Can an airport body scanner detect a microsd card? If not, would a closed hand holding it work?

no and no, put it in your shoe

xray scanners corrupts microsd automatically

Ff I have, for instance, a desktop connected by HDMI to a laptop, is there any software I can use to open up the desktop's video output on a window on the laptop?

i mean - yes and no

Put it in the tray actually, they aren't going to aks you whats on it....

building an old socket 775 system because I have old parts laying around.

Can I SLI a reference 8600gt with this PNY one? It's just for novelty. performance is no issue

thank you for your time

Helped a little bit but still pretty much unusable. This is a good chance to replace this old 128GB drive. I've never done drive cloning before.

If I understand correctly, it would allow me to create a perfect copy of my drive, with the drivers/software/registry/etc intact? Is it all software-based? If so, any recommended good software for this?

Also I assume it works just fine if the drive being written to is larger rather than the same size, right?

I recently installed Windows 10, and on top of a host of problems including having to manually install drivers and my key not being recognized, it isn't recognizing my HDD.

Pic related is what disc management tells me. Apparently the space is "unallocated"?

My C drive just shows up as 119GB available, and going into properties, shows both my HDD and SSD.

Whoops, solved it as soon as I posted that, sorry.

>put it in your phone/camera
>put it through the scanner
>nobody cares
>nobody would care even if they knew you had cartoons on it

I hate dualbooting, I never have enough space for either OS. So I was thinking I would keep two (laptop) hard drives, one with each OS.

I don't know how to store the one I'm not using though. I heard keeping it in an anti-static bag is dangerous. What should I do?

>take out the old sticks
>it werks, correct 1866MHz
>restart
>it doesn't werk
>now it doesn't werk at all when I put both of the new modules; one of them (doesn't matter which one) and the old sticks is alright though
>try mixing channels (2 x (4GB + 8GB))
>it werks
>but still at 1600MHz
Fuck.

so after 2 hours of learning i can finally do in emacs what i could do in any other editor after 5 seconds
whats the point?
someone help me understand

on linux, quit x so you are only running terminal and use rtorrent

on windows you're shit out of luck

Yes.