Post your simple questions here.
Do not start threads to ask them.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=cute kitties
pcpartpicker.com/list/yxn9WX
logicalincrements.com/
download.gigabyte.ru/manual/mb_manual_ga-970a-ud3p_v.2.x_e.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I need to burn a bootable Windows 10 USB. Every computer in my network is heavily infected. So I came over to a friend's house to use his laptop.
Just ran antiviruses and it found 3 trojans on his laptop. Can I proceed with burning Windows 10 images onto my USB nonetheless on this computer or can these trojans tamper with the process?

I've been torrenting recently, and while the file downloads regularly, the torrent client doesn't upload anything... Am I doing something wrong?

Doing a clean sweep (formating) for my computer, since I've been getting a lot of BSOD.

I'm thinking I'll disconnect my SSD, and run Killdisk to clean my HDD. Then remove my HDD, and install a clean windows 7 (and upgradte til windows 10 straight after) on my SSD.

Anything I should keep in mind before I do this?

Why is OP too dumb to use the right image?

Is it possible to access an old os disk with a usb enclosure?

what happened to that dog?

That pic is a stale meme.

No, it's the OP photo for /sqt/

Why does the sleep test buzzer go berserk in sleep cycle android app? Im using a chink phone. It fixes itself after a reinstall, but the app provides no way to backup data for free so i cant keep doing that.

Which is really really fucking stale. Look I'm not trying to set rules here but is changing the stale default OP /sqt/ image once in a while really that bad?

>Which is really really fucking stale.
Because you think of everything as a meme. Drop the cancerous 9gag logic and you'll just see the /sqt/ photo. It would be stale if it was some overused. It's not though, it's just the /sqt/ photo.
>is changing the stale default OP /sqt/ image once in a while really that bad?
Yes.

fuck off nigger, i'd much rather look at a cute kitty than that fucking cancer image.

lmgtfy.com/?q=cute kitties
Go eat a dick

are there any leechers?
you can't upload if nobody else is downloading

Top 5 games under 10$ on steam summer sale right now?

port forward

How can i add info to the top menubar in Ubuntu? I want to display the stock prices of my investments and how much they're valued at etc. for easy access.

I want to try Linux. Some user adviced Kubuntu 16.04. I wasted my time with it.

I want a distro for a Linux skrub that works. Any recommendations ?

Just got an S7 Edge, anyone one have any idea what this 10222 shit is?

I didn't listen to the memes and have Ubuntu on my machine. I'm generally satisfied with it 2bh, besides the ethics of it of course. If you don't like Kubuntu though, then try Mint or Fedora. Fedora is okay for beginners but it doesn't hold your hand as much as the others.

need help finding budget processors for pc and laptop, something like the G3258

>I wasted my time with it
what do you mean by this? What did you not like or what are you looking for? I usually just use normal ubuntu with unity as i dont have a problem with it, looks nice enough, and i usually set up keyboard shortcuts anyways. Just look up popular DEs (desktop environments) and give them a try.

Where can I find shit to clean on my C:/ drive?

C:/ is getting too full for my comfort. I want to clean it up but I haven't touched it in ages. I install everything on D:/ so it must be temporary and garbage files filling it up I guess.

I just cleaned the dust out and replaced thermal paste.
Is this normal when I have nothing running.

It doesn't work. Random crashes, freezes, internet won't work. I'm a noob, I barely know what I'm doing, I can't figure what's wrong and how to fix it.
I'll try Mint, and I'll hope Internet will work fine.

Try: open source hardware monitor

Speccy has been known to give false APU and intel CPU readings.

Can I put a KingDian 120GB SSD into a Thinkpad T410 without any schenanigans?

Start up my projector like always, click Second Screen but no response. What's going on?
I've just installed new drivers for my nvidia card, could this be the problem?

I am looking at some Asus motherboards for my PC. They all say in the specs that they support Windows ME - Windows W/E, but I'm not going to be running Windows on this PC. Is this a cause for concern? Will drivers be an issue?

Why do I get this for every site?
I just updated flash.

I'm going to use FileVault in OSX to encrypt my drives. My OSX is installed via Hackintosh. Is there anything I should know first?

I have backups of everything on external drives. I plan on formatting my internal drives, enabling encryption, then restoring data from my backups.

My computer is only using half of my ram, I already wiggled them, and took them out and put them back in, what do I do now?

install 64bit OS

but I did

SO IM ON DEBIAN 8
(THERE IS NO HTTPD.CONF)
apt-get install apache2
apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5

>php files are downloaded not run

bout to lose my motherfuckn mind

when is the embargo on the rx480 going to be lifted speaking in hours

I was trying to replace a power supply but I decided to go back to the original one, but when I went to reboot I forgot to plug in the power to my HDD. (Not my SSD which has my OS, the HDD is secondary for storage)

So I turned it off, unplugged and plugged in my HDD and my computer wouldn't boot at ALL. No lights, nothing. I unplugged it again, it crashed instantly. So when it rebooted I went into BIOS and selected the SSD, and it works fine now. But I'm afraid to plug my HDD back in, but I absolutely need it for work.

Anyone know what my problem is? (Besides being an idiot)

if in doubt, test it on another machine, you can put your hardrive in an external enclosure and test it on another machine

also back up your essential data, harddrives fail constantly, its what they do

>unplugging the SSD to plug the HHD and vice versa.

You are indeed retarded duh.

I'm currently trying to download a torrent, but it keeps stopping every so often and giving me a "Missing files" error. What's more, my hard drive keeps making weird noises while downloading it.

When I re-check the torrent, it turns out the files are still there, so they aren't actually being lost or anything, which suggests to me that it could be the result of a bug or a poorly created torrent... but if that's the case, then what's with the noises my hard drive is making?

Other info:
- I am downloading two other torrents which have so far given me no errors.
- My hard drive is only ~6 months old.

Can you kill microsoft excels ability to auto correct numbers into dates?

I had just finished copying a bunch of tables into excel and then it decided to turn some columns into dates and I realized that I've never in my life have found that feature useful and I'm sick of manual fixing that all the time.

I googled around a bit and found the not very helpful manual solutions I already know of.

What client are you using? Also post the torrent faggot.

qBittorrent

And I can't post the torrent, it's on a private tracker.

Use LibreOffice or OpenOffice instead. They won't fuck you in the ass.

Cool thanks. After a decade of assfucking I guess I finally had enough.

What kind of noises? Normal seeking noises? Or something unusual?

I think it sounds like seeking noises, but usually I only get those when re-checking torrents, not downloading them.

no one?

I tried it in my old PC as well and had the same problem. PC would boot fine without the hard drive, but when plugged in, was completely dead. If I have to pay for data recovery I will but I feel like this is a connection issue, as there were no signs of my hard drive dying as I could tell. No clicking sounds, no broken files, etc. I feel like it's a boot issue but I can't figure out what or why.

I never unplugged the SSD, whatchu talking bout

Anyone used the logitech unifying receivers before? Is it any good?

I swore off installing logitech drivers because they're a big pile of fucking bloat and unnecessary. I wouldn't be surprised if this made me lose some functionality with my stuff, but on the other hand it would be cool to use a mouse on both my desktop or laptop without switching the plugs.

use spacemonger or space sniffer. there are also programs that can scan your drive for duplicate files

has anyone ever seen color coded 6 pin pcie power cables/GPU sockets?

im dusting my computer out and never noticed this shit before. which plug goes where?

Babby's first gaymen PC builder here from last night
pcpartpicker.com/list/yxn9WX
TL;DR
>Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
>Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing
>MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150
>Kingston HyperX Fury8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
>Western Digital 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
>GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card
>XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

Everything external is being salvaged from older computers and such.
So, my stupid questions in no particular order:
>SSD vs HDD, which do I need and how much? What if I want to do some recording in the future (video+audio)?
>GTX 970, is it a meme? Should I substitute for an alternative
>Intel core I5 enough for moderate gayman or should I jump for an I7? What's the difference, both are quad-core?
>How do I go about picking a case?
Other than that, any general information or pointing and laughing would be nice, as I have no idea what the FUCK I'm doing

>>>logicalincrements.com/
Get an SSD. You also don't need a K series part if you're using an H81 CPU. Get the Fractal Design Define S/R5.

Also find a better CPU cooler. I recommend Noctua.

Is my airflow ok?

How do I get rid of System update popups on a Boost ZTE Warp Android, without doing the update?

dont jump on the 970 wait the few hours until the rx480 is going to be released and make your own decision,

strong points of the rx480 seem to be:
lower power consumption and vr-ready so I guess you can gaymen comfy on 1080p

ssd is definetly not a meme, but ssd size is dependant on your budget, but I wouldnt get more space than 512 gb just because ssd's are getting cheaper every year

as for cpu, go for whatever you want, if you want performance per core I'd go with the xeon 1231v3

>few hours

not him, but I'm curious when this will drop. I'm so thirsty.

>Fractal Design S/R5
Will look into it, thanks
The 212 was recommended as a budget option, I didn't think this setup would generate too much heat honestly. I'm recycling a case fan from an old 2002 Dell desktop
rx480 release when? And what are the real differences? I saw some people blasting the 970 in place of the 380 last thread. I'm trying real hard not to break my $700-$750 budget and I don't need a 1080p 60fps machine as my monitor is gonna be a 720p 60Hz tv

How can you have fans in 4 directions without obstructing some? Is the computer floating in the air?

>inb4 in the drawing you're seeing it from below

Then don't call it side intake, call it top intake. Also it's important how much air is displaced by every fan, which depends on the size and RPM.

depends on cfm of the fans
if they're all identical, you're doing it wrong because you should go for positive pressure (more intake than exhaust) in the case, so dust isn't sucked in through the cracks

How do I make this icon get the FUCK off my desktop.

Google isn't giving me relevant hits. Only telling me how to make File Explorer not use it. Which I already did.

it is more or less confirmed that it will be 250€/$ for the 8gb version so I dont think thats going to break your budget, just wait for the time being

would optomized default bios allow me to install windows 10. something is wrong with my bios

by the time games need 8gb, they will run like shit on a 480

I'm sorry, but I got LibreOffice and I'm having the same issue. After gooling around for solutions only tedious manual solutions show up as well.

Can't you disable the auto correct in LibreOffice either?

heres my mother boards manual download.gigabyte.ru/manual/mb_manual_ga-970a-ud3p_v.2.x_e.pdf

pls respond

Unless the release is within the next month or so I don't really care to wait. Also, that will absolutely blow my budget considering I'm resting at about $750 as-is and haven't even found a case yet

best 4chins browser for ios? i got a "free" ipad air yesterday

Just type an apostrophe at the beggining of the entry and the program knows to not fuck you in the ass. The apostrophe will become invisible.

ill pay

Yeah that's the same in microsoft excel, but not very helpful when you just want to copy paste 4 tables containing like 288 cells each into a page.
Then there are better manual solutions than typing ' 1152 times.

I was under the impression that I could actually disable/turn off/murder the date auto correct in LibreOffice unlike in microsoft excel, but I guess I was mistaken.
Thanks anyways.

it's from the side, the fans are identical (except of the cpu of course). the right side of the pic is the front.
i have dust filters, theres barely dust coming in anyway.

stupid kat is going to get asphyxiated

I use Safari. It just works.

I'm meeting a guy on Craigslist tomorrow who has a bunch of 1TB external drives for $15 each. No models given -- he says USB 2.0 w/ some Firewire and eSATA. Planning to pick up two or three and possibly shucking them since I have the ports. I've never dealt with externals before, so are there any models I should specifically avoid? Should I prefer the Firewire/eSATA?

Might sound real fucking stupid but my 1080p/60hz monitor doesn't 'feel' 60hz

If I watch a game on YouTube at 1080/60 it seems to be a bit smoother than the actual game I'm playing which is running at 60fps, feels more like 50-55 if that makes sense

Any ideas?

You know you can select all the cells and just type ' once to input the 1152 's right?

Go for toshiba if you can.

How are you planning on using them?

It is mostly irrelevant.

If I wanted a manual solution I could've stayed with Microsoft Excel. Selected the cells in question, then chosen Text as format option for those cells, and pasted in the table I wanted unchanged.

I don't know you can select all the cells, and type ' once and input 1152 's in the cells though.
Not that it would matter or make things easier, but I'm curious how I can do that and then paste in tables over it and have the desired results.

Nvm fixed it.

Bad/loose cable or failing drive.

Will do

Seeding. Likely won't be major activity since I already have a drive for that, just BDMV storage with the occasional snatches.

Give it back Jamal

My family just switched to Verizon from T-mobile. I need to unlock my dad's iPhone so he can use it on Verizon, T-mobile is taking forever to send us the unlock code. What's the easiest way to unlock an iPhone 6s for free? Google shows mostly paid results.

Just wait for the unlock code. Normally if you just call the carrier (if you aren't on a contract/payment plan) they will give you the code for no charge (AT&T does this, not sure about T-Mobile). When you threw the Verizon SIM card into the phone, did it pull the carrier data or no?

He reset the phone because he actually took my sister's iPhone, and she took the extra new 6s+ because they had a buy one get one free deal and my mom bought a new phone when we switched. I was just trying to get it unlocked faster because T-mobile said it could take up to six days to send the unlock code.

>mfw 6 days
I don't work for T-Mobile support but they should be able to pull that code for you over the phone.

I have a s6 edge and I don't see anything like that. 88% seems unreasonably high, since there is no app picture it could be part of the system, GPS maybe? Idk try uninstalling apps that aren't very mainstream. Sorry if this very helpful it's all I got.

What zsh command can I use so that, for example, each match in grep, is ordered line by line, like a column of matches?

It looks like you've had enough with proprietary software. I totally understand you, and I advise you to stop using proprietary software as soon as possible. Since you have already started using free (as in freedom) software, Why not installing Ubuntu to use it as your main OS? Everything you want to do can be done in Ubuntu, no matter how customized you need it to be. You'll thank me someday.

Since we have two active question threads I might as well post my question here as well.

Can I run my primary monitor on my PCI-Express graphics card and at the same time run my secondary monitor on my motherboard Intel HD Graphics port?
Will this cause any conflicts or other problems?

For compatibility reasons I cannot plug in my secondary monitor into the PCI-Express GPU

so i'm ordering 2x 8gb corsair DDR3 mem, i crrently have 2x 4gb of the same brand and same timings (1600, cl9).
can i run 24gb and are there any drawbacks or should i just 16gb it?

dual channel might not work

Not him but can't you just connect so that the 2x4gb are dual channelled and the 2x4gb are their own dual channel?