What's the best version of Windows 7? Do any not prompt you to get 10 repeatedly?

What's the best version of Windows 7? Do any not prompt you to get 10 repeatedly?

Other urls found in this thread:

getblackbird.net/blacklist/updates/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Professional is the optimal version. Ultimate comes with way too much crap.

You'll get win10 prompts if you leave updates on.

Enterprise edition of Win7 can't be updated to Win10

>MSDN Windows 7 Pro
>Now popping up with obnoxious notification boxes telling me my upgrade is ready
>It still tells me I've made my reservation and need to wait

t-thanks microsoft

Embrace the botnet, lads. Windows 10 Enterprise is the most comfy OS I've ever used and you can disable the telemetry... well, most of it. :^)

use vista, install both service packs and dx11. it's practically the same win 7 apart from the task bar.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

All versions of Windows 7 will install the telemetry updates on their own and the GWX update KB3035583. However, by setting a group policy edit via the free Never10 tool, the GWX update will never pop up to ask you to perform the update, nor will it download it.

In regards to the telemetry on Windows 7/8.1:
getblackbird.net/blacklist/updates/

>not using the smiley with a carrot nose

OP asked about windows 7, not 10, so I talked about 7.

>... and you can disable the telemetry... well, most of it.
... for a little while.

No, Enterprise allows you to disable it permanently. I went through and did it all when I installed it six months ago and nothing's changed. You also have full control over updates.

>he doesn't view details on every windows update

You did this to yourself, user

You can disable the W10 pop-ups on any W7 version if you know what you're doing.

>disable telemetry .. Enterprise
This is a myth. Even after installing Enterprise and disabling telemetry, there are still outgoing connections being made. In one case, 2758 connections to 30 different IP addresses in 30 hours.

Do not believe the lies that telemetry can be terminated.

The problem is that telemetry in diagtrack is not the only connection made, you have things like onedrive and name resolution where the sole purpose is to get a proper online or "network connected, but not online" status (or detect a captive portal on guest/paid wifi) and people are blocking these as "spying". If you want to block them fine, but from a telemetry perspective a lot of people are blowing a lot of things out of proportion.

Blowing things out of proportion? In my Sup Forums?

Even Windows embedded prompts you to upgrade to 10, I doubt any Windows 7 version doesn't.

Tried using Windows 10 Enterprise, it's too buggy for me.

>want to create new folder
>right click
>hover over new
>os hangs for 5 minutes
>ctrl+alt+del
>task manager hangs too

Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 Enterprise editions do not give the GWX free upgrade prompt.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.