Which Linux distribution is the best?

Which Linux distribution is the best?

>inb4 install Gentoo
I'm on to that meme.

Define best

I wouldn't dare trick you into installing the best linux distro ever.

You don't deserve it, fag.

Android is the best selling linux distrubtution.

I actually tried to install Android-x86 but I'm too much of a faggot.

Chrome OS

for me, Fedora or OpenSuse.. Mainly Fedora

Linux distro are best only to regards of specialization. Certain are better for certain tasks or user needs, without that information your question is just going to get you opinions

I've heard good things about Chrome OS. Do you know of any good Chromium OS builds?

I'm currently downloading RemixOS

Nothing wrong with Gentoo. It's fucking awesome.

I would advise you to go distrohopping. Find a distro you like. If you are new to Linux, try Mint or Ubuntu etc.

Popularity of a certain distro doesn't mean anything. MInt is on top of Distrowatch's list, but I find it to be boring... Try Slackware, they just released a new version..

For a casual user who wants to get away from Windows, it's too fucking complicated to install, and I dislike the chore of building everything from source.

install arch

holy shit just use ubuntu

Debian.

Ubuntu GNOME

Ubuntu is OK. It's a great distro compared to Windows. Forget about the Arch/Gentoo-hype. The unity-desktop is actually not that bad.

Install kali linux

And another thing, if you ever have a problem with the OS, there are millions of help-sites dedicated to ubuntu on the interweb

I've heard of that one. It's for the 1337 H4x0rs

Slackware

>almost everything you need in a default install
>no special snowflake shit
>stable

The only downside is learning to config things yourself rather than rely on a gui, but thats not hard to learn.

And you'll get a pretty good handle on linux

>OMG no dependency resolution its not the 90s anymore lol gramps

Which is pure bullshit

You have to dye your hair purple and buy a matrix-style trenchcoat first.

Windows 10

I would become paranoid if I had to use this..

No

Crunchbang

Prove me wrong.

Alpine, nixos, there's a lot of weird shit out there worth trying.

I thought it was dead,,, it's Bunsenlabs now

That's the thing with linux distros, they don't really die. You can still update them if need be, and it's not like the security breaches are plentiful to warrant concern.

Regardless, yes there's shit like Crunchbang++ and Bunsenlabs to do it for you.

My favorite distro used to be a slackware-based distro called Wolvix. It "died" many years ago. Would be fun to install it, and after that update everything... I have thought about that for a long time

Go with Mint.. Tinker with it, and then after some time, go to distrowatch and check out what's out there.. distrohop..

If you really want arch(because of fanboy hype).. go with Antergos.

Bedrock. Mashup other distros taking only the best parts of each.

>Arch Linux

Either get Arch if you're comfortable with the whole non-GUI setup installation process or get Antergos which will make your life a lot easier.

> or just anything that isn't Noobuntu

ChakraOS is pretty good. Used to be built off Arch and uses KDE, overall runs well.

Mint (cinnamon)

Ubuntu LTS

I've not come across one better than Fedora.

kali persistant live disc with iptables and a user installed other than root is good.

debian is also a good distro, one of the few distros that have not been taken over by the illuminati or sjews

"Best" for what?

Kali is the best for hacking.
Debian is the best for stability and speed.
Mint is the best for desktops.
Tails is the best for privacy.

Linux distributions are specialized. There isn't really a "best."

>Linux distributions are specialized.

Slackware for stability, but no dependency checking
Trisquel for full freedom
Fedora if you like bleeding edge software

Don't really know much about any others.

Oh, you know it to be true. Kali was literally designed for hacking, ya bait throwin child.

Your asking, so obviously, your a noob. For this reason you should install linux mint cinnamon.

what's good for 'just want to learn shit about linux and dev on it without the ability to entirely fuck your system'

Those two things are mutually exclusive user. Failure is the best teacher.