/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>OnePlus 3 is getting a big update: sRGB, improved RAM management, and more
forums.oneplus.net/threads/oos-3-2-0.453858/

>New Grace TouchWiz UX vs Galaxy S7 UX
youtube.com/watch?v=-qtL1Ei-uQY

>AT&T (and Others) Galaxy S7 has Finally been Rooted
xda-developers.com/att-galaxy-s7-has-finally-been-rooted/

>Oukitel K7000 announced, packed with a large battery case
gizmochina.com/2016/07/04/oukitel-k7000-announced-packed-battery-case/

>Hands on: ZTE Axon 7 review
techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/zte-axon-7-1322212/review

>Oppo R9 Plus released in Australia today for $699
ausdroid.net/2016/07/04/oppo-r9-plus-available-australia-today-699/

Other urls found in this thread:

koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2016/07/133_208422.html
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mdroidapps.easybackup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hey you never gave me the image from the last thread pls

Sorry friendo, I didn't make those images and I don't watch anime either. some user made them a few threads ago. probably knows.

i already know what it's from, i just wanted the image :

Is wifi calling stable on cyanogenmod yet? I hate touchwiz

I've just had a flip phone for all this time and have been looking at getting a smart phone. I was looking through chinkshit sites and was pretty set on the HOMTOM HT3 Pro, but after using willmyphonework.net I learned it wasn't meant to be. Plan on using ting.com for my carrier. I would like to preferably spend

Oneplus 2 or Nexus 5x?

Sorry, I don't have the unedited image and google image search doesn't find the original for some reason.

neither. stop asking

>www.ebay.com/itm/LG-V10-H901-64GB-Space-Black-T-Mobile-Smartphone-/311615381963

So for a eurocuck these won't work as they are only on T-Mobile or what?

Was there no 64gb version of the V10 for worldwide/eu?

Nexus 5x or Oneplus 2?

Neither. Now fuck off, retard.

Anyone know if the Samsung s7 on eBay for around 499 are legit? Also are sponsored link scam?

Buy both, user. Better safe than sorry.

So should I get the N5X or the OP2?

Neither. What the fuck why would you even choose between those two

Both good performers, camera, hardware and software in my price range

Your point becomes terrible when you try to make people feel bad about not being able to utilize a card that costs more than half of the phones these people are currently looking at

Just ordered a Redmi Pro 3, did I fall for the Xiaomi meme?

Except the oneplus one kinda beats it in most of those categories while being even cheaper. Plus NFC. Come on son. At least do your research.

Is the international S7 worth it?
The price is pretty high, but it's the only high-end non-phablet I can find.

You think this card will stay $230 forever? Bet you a dollar it will drop down to like $150 on black friday

well yeah you've bought it.

waiting on mine from EternalTeam, tracker says it left their warehouse on Saturday and no news since.

SD650 is obviously better than the SD430 or am I missing something?

>$150 for 256GB
fucking retards lmao

It's the best phone currently available.

I am worried about future updates with opo and cm. I am not tech savvy, so i dont want to root it. Also better camera, and dingerprint reader

Yes. RN3P is better, but some people don't like the 5.5" size.
Also check 17track.net for tracking, but be prepared to wait long time regardless.

how's the development community?

N5X so you'd get the latest android updates. OP2 won't get N.

Nexus has the better camera and stock android.

OH MAN YOU GOT ME BRO

WHAT A STEAL

Any news on a new sony xperia compact?

Will the update magically give that piece of shit a micro sd slot?

It's just getting started, some nice custom kernels are coming out now. Obviously as it's not a snapdragon it won't get CM or AOSP and all custom roms will be based on stock, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Sold my Nexus 5x and bought an iPhone SE 64GB. I do not regret my decision in the slightest regardless of what Sup Forums told me beforehand.

iPhone is truly GOAT

Guys I just got a Moto G4 Plus, its my first android, Everything else is fine and i figured out most of it but the phone doesn't seem to list any updates for any of the apps including google apps like chrome , music, calendar etc, I have logged into Play store with my G+/mail account and I checked the settings>about phone>software update too and it said my phone was up to date.

so am i supposed to hunt down every app on my launcher and update it manually atleast once for it to show up in the installed tab in the play store? my dilema is that i can play music that i put on this phone via google music but for some reason google music is not showing up under all or installed apps tabs. what am i doing wrong or is this how it's supposed to be?

What's more of a steal, a brand new lg g4 for 350 or a brand new htc m9 for 300?

Congrats on overpaying for a phone with 3 year old tech.

>bootloop lottery for 350 or pocket fires for 300
I'd rather not tbqfh

>0.1 good goy point have been deposited into your iShill account

Horrible phones for a horrible price.

>4.0 inches (~60.8% screen-to-body ratio)
>16GB
>489€
Gratulations, you're clinically retarded.

How about a s6 edge for 479 brand new?

well can somebody please help me? i asked in /sqt/ too.

You go to the installed tab on play store, and google play music should be installed.

Eh, the battery is quite shite if your'e fine with that. for $480 you can get OP3 or Mi5.

Sorta same. Downgraded from xperia z3 to iphone 4s (w/ ios 5), no regrets

It has quickcharge and i'm not a real power user so i'm fine with it.

This hurts my head.

Maybe there isn't an update?

see pic related

I used to own an iPhone 6S Plus before I got an S7 btw. Sad to see iPhones become such dogshit. Honestly wish steve jobs was still alive.

I saw pic related prior to making the decision to switch. Didn't care then, don't care now.

I'll be enjoying updates for the next 4-5 years while other 'flagship' phones stop receiving support after 2.

This, holy shit lmfao

there are updates available,i searched for chrome just for the heck of it and the search result listing had a green "update" button on its page, same for all the other google apps i searched for.

they show up under both "installed" and "all" as soon as i update them once.

I don't know wtf is going on really.

>What are OTA updates
Do you really hate things like expandable storage and being able to torrent and stream torrents on your phone that much? Did those phone features molest you as a kid?

>I'll be enjoying updates for the next 4-5 years while other 'flagship' phones stop receiving support after 2.

>he doesn't know the applel deliberately slows down their old phones with every iOS update so you'd have the buy the new iPhones
jej, good goy.

Updates which will even further shitfuck your 4-inch piece of shit back to the fucking stoneage.

The updates makes your phone run like dogshit

My senpai owns older iPads and iPhones and the complain more and more. Even refuse to update because it's so slow, buggy and broken.

Nexus phones get proper updates for a long ass time and so do xiaomi phones as far as I know.
Don't know about other brands.

Besides all that I bet you will still update your phone after 2 years.

That's strange
Go into the play store settings and make sure auto update is and then plug in the charger.
It updates everything if I do that on my G2.

No idea why it's like that for you desu

Go to Settings > Apps. Scroll to All apps and then scroll down to “Google Play Services” app. Open the app details and tap on the “Force stop” button. Clear the Google Services Framework cache.

About to pull the trigger on the LG V10. Glad I didn't fall for the RN3P meme.

>t.posted in /csg/ and last /spg/ thread
Fuck off, you gook shill.

Just get the LG V10. Literally an upgrade from the G4, and it's trending at $220 on Ebay right now

the disable and force stop buttons are faded and i can't press them.

what are you talking about? I definitely READ about the anons buying V10's, but this is my first post today. Angry that you little Redmi shitphones aren't getting all the attention today?

As an ex-iphone 5s owner I can confirm this is not a meme. As soon as I updated to ios 9.3 everything went to shit. FUCK APPLE

tried it, still nothing.

I'm stuck with an iphone 6 atm and I hate it. Going to upgrade to samsung s6e or s7.

both of those phones have shit battery life. just get a Sup Forums approved phone

RN3P shits all over that pathetic V10. and that shitty company is dying, thank god.

>LG sacks executives amid mobile struggle
koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2016/07/133_208422.html

Kill yourself, dumbfuck.

what are my choices?

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mdroidapps.easybackup

And factory reset.

>Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro +Battery
>LG V10 +Camera +Battery +Power
>Oukitel K6000 +Battery -Aesthetics

HTC 10

btw, I still have no idea what's your issue? just update the google apps manually.

Idk man, I like everything about the s7.

>Nice aesthetics
>Best camera
>Water proof
>Wireless/fast charging
>I am rare and like touchwiz features

international s7 has great battery life, don't listen to the retard below you

I just bought the LG V10. But that's just the latest Sup Forums maymay phone. The G5 also is a good option

I managed to find a Nexus 5X going for about $250

For anyone that has experience with either phone (or both), should I wait for the Moto G4 Plus or get the 5x?

I'm on a strict budget btw ($200-$300)

Go for it then. My girlfriend has the S7 and she loves it. I just thought you were buying the S7 just to buy it.

S7 has great battery life, don't listen to the other tard. 7-8h SOT. S7E even better.

my issue is that this is definitely not standard behaviour on android and I want to know if i was doing anything wrong or if it's just a glitch/bug and not my fault.

I had a similar issue with my old N5. had to update all the Google apps manually for the first time and later the updates showed up in the installed apps page.

i just got my phone a few hours ago and i have not installed anything that the phone doesn't come preinstalled with, I guess its just a few dozen apps...i'll just have to elbow grease it.

Thanks for letting me know that it is infact a glitch and i am not the first guy in the world to have had this happen to.

Moto g4 has a microsd slot, wait for that.

Get one of those Blu phones, they are chink equivalents that work on American networks.

Friendly reminder that you literally have autism if you need an SD card slot on a 64 GB phone

>LG V10
WEW LAD

enjoy it going retarded on you for no reason, and the battery randomly dying at 30% battery life, and an iphone 5c shit tier fucky touch screen.

How are the Zenfones? Seems like I never see any discussion about them.

Kek your not even trying

Cool can you tell me what mobile carrier offers unlimited high speed LTE @ 1 Gbps 24/7 everywhere you go? Preferably for $30 a month. Thanks in advance.

Sour Grape: the post

everyone i know that has a V10, has had non stop problems.

the batteries sucked, bad reception compared to the rest of verizons phones, SHIT SOUND, and the camera is ok if in full light, but mostly laggy.

the local Verizon has had to warranty most of the ones sold there.

Holy shit. First day using S7, battery life has impressed me. Although I've been using it with power saving mode for the whole period from 50% to 20%, playing HS and usual tasks were comfortable to do.

Fell for Sup Forums meme and not regretting at all, even that chink-100$ is able to do the same things.

release date when

Get the LG V10

Either soon, just enough time to wait with what you've got or too long

If you wait a month or so another meme phone will appear and you'll be thinking the same shit, take a leap faggot

What's the best phone with 5" max display?

Yes, manlet, whatever, but I fucking hate those phablety phones.

Does fast charging in S7 degrade the battery over the time? Well, it is going to be degraded anyways, but maybe it makes degrading faster?

5x has bad battery and audio output.

What has good of above?