and then no admittance to the stupid

>be me
>15 years of C + gamedev
>think webdev is a meme
>mfw doing back-end webdev as a job
>mfw trying out full-stack at home
Lads, shit is fun as fuck

What makes it fun?

I tried it out once and CSS seemed like too much of a clusterfuck to get to work so I ditched it.

Write literally anything without pulling in a library.

Alternatively,
design literally anything.

>CSS
>doing front-end first
No user, you do back-end first, then you spice up your rendered templates with css. Alternatively, download bootstrap and don't even think about front-end

Webdev is fun as fuck son

It's simple, we shut down the Internet.

The term "re-invent the wheel" as a bad thing exists for a reason.

Yep, as a kid, I always felt I was going to do application/game dev as a job, but just working through, debugging and trying out various components of the stack more than convinced me to do this professionally and as a hobby

I did do some Flask stuff and then I thought everything looked like shit so I tried CSS but fuck CSS

Wanting to claw my eyes out every time I have to dig through that bullcrap of a codebase doesn't really count as "fun" for me.

You accept that the internet is the undeniable future, and you go to the nearest bridge and hang yourself.

Depends on who wrote the code. Webdev can be either beautiful or a clusterfuck, depends on the guy behind the keyboard

I'm assuming you used jinja2 with flask?

In any case, flask is a meme, django is the future, and has, imo, better template rendering

I agree that CSS a shit, but if you learn the basics and/or learn bootstrap, you don't have to worry too much about it in the future, and still have your site look pretty

Webdev or not, debugging any well-written codebase is fun as fuck. Django and professional 3rd-party libraries, like django-cms and its extensions, and boto libraries, are fun as fuck to tinker with at a lower level

It becomes a bad thing when you end up learning libraries as a matter of practice rather than learning how to write well organized and structured code

>hey this new language/library/extension/framework/DSL will fix our performance and scalability issues because we hacked together the entire thing in a week on client's request!

no it fucking won't

>task: make a wheel to prove you can figure it out
Wrong solution: import wheel someone else made
Right solution: make a wheel

get them to either not care about making money, and/or show them that there really isn't any money here

Right solution: take a wheel someone else made and put your name on it
>trust me, I'm in college right now

Underrated post

>non-professionals ITT claiming how re-inventing the wheel is bad
cute

Stop hiring them.

The fuck is webdev

>guy

Triggered

professional here
it's not that using libraries is BAD
it's just that some black-box of code and paradigm isn't going to fix what's wrong from the start
and a lot of the problems of where I work could be fixed with proper design and planning instead of some bastardized version of AGILE

I wasn't talking about using 3rd-party libraries to fix a problem, but to supplement your project with extra functionality, or well-tested implementation of something common you were going to reinvent

but im dumber than a webdev/brogrammer and I think I know what a pointer is,I delete them all the time

oops I had a picture i didnt upload

Falsely accuse them of rape

>don't think about front-end
Like it or not front end often matters more then the underlying functional code. End users don't give a fuck about which meme lang you built your app with, they don't care if your code is concise and well written or if it's hideous spaghetti code. End users don't care. They care only about the front end and if it works and loads correctly.

Right, I don't know why you guys have an issue with us.

We're cool dudes. And Web Development is not easy.

I never said it didn't matter, when I said 'don't think about it', I was referring to how easy bootstrap makes your site pretty already

put a bullet in their heads, sure as my sacred butthole it will stop them.