There is an entire board dedicated to a single video game franchise

There is an entire board dedicated to a single video game franchise...

Yet we can't split Sup Forums into more focused boards?

This.

Sup Forums,/sci/ and /diy/ should technically be one but why do you think its 3?Same goes for Sup Forums and Sup Forums and yes Sup Forums is just weeb Sup Forums.
Answer:Have a sizeable demand and it will happen.There was /prog/ but people realized fizbiz can only be discussed so much and it got deleted.
There was a sizeable demand for a /his/ board on /lit/ and Sup Forums and hence it was created.

We need a tech generals board. But I'm not sure what would be left here anymore.

All I ever wanted was /prog/

It only died because the text-only boards died.

BRING IT BACK, JAPMOOT

>There was /prog/ but people realized fizbiz can only be discussed so much and it got deleted.
It got deleted at the same time as all the other text boards

Pretend I'm hiroshimoot.
What boards you want?

>Sup Forums,/sci/ and /diy/ should technically be one
/sci/ is a spin-off from Sup Forums...
and /diy/ is board for making stuff with you're hands

/prog/ and /linux/

Bamp

>>>/λ/
>>>/ohm/

We need to split into AMDrones and NvidiAutists.

or just send them both to their own containment board.

But shills will shill everywhere.
They will refuse to be contained.
If you had a separate olympics for steroid users, some entrants in the steroid-free olympics would still try to cheat by using steroids.

What where?

It already exists and it's called Sup Forums user

/vp/ is a containment board

Board for GPU children please

Sup Forums was split because it was extremely fast and a lot of niche topics couldn't survive. Sup Forums is a lot slower.

Can we make a containment board for consumerism/gaming gear?

make a /linux/ board, and everyhing that's left will be consumerism and gaming gear.

im still waiting for /trap/

Yes please

I don't use linux and have no desire but I feel like that board would get a lot of use and would be cool to see I wish other chans had as many people sometimes most 8ch boards are dead or glacially slow

>JAPMOOT
I'm dying

also I agree

Also because Pokemon has annual releases with months of build up, so that would ruin the board once a year.

I agree, is there a troubleshooting technology thread of some sort, because not even Google has helped me and calling the warranty line will result in them (Dell) sending me a refurbished and FACTORY RESET laptop and I can't afford that to happen.

>/gnu/
Fixed

>/ganoo/
I got chu, senpai

We have to send feedbacks

>>>>

Back before /vp/ and /vg/ were made, there were only Pokemon and general threads on the front page. Wanted to make a thread for a game that didn't have a general? Put that up against the huge amount of non-video game threads (which of course would get 300+ replies), anyone not using a catalog addon and didn't go past the first few pages wouldn't see it and it would die really quickly.

/vp/ and /vg/ are too large to merge back together with Sup Forums now. It would be like old times but much, much worse.

BRING BACK SHII

A gay/bi board would be nice. Although Sup Forums would be abandoned.

There's also a board dedicated to anthropomorphized cartoon horses. Be careful what you wish for.

there is /lgbt/

why not merge pc gaming/tech generals? there you go.

As long as we get all the GPU fags the fuck out of here.

/thread

This

>Sup Forums is weeb Sup Forums
wrong.
Sup Forums is western Sup Forums

#triggered

Make a hardware board

Fit has a steroid general tho. No reason we can't have a gpu general thread and leave it at that. I fucking hate the fact theirs nothing but gpu threads on /g sometimes

Trust me /vp/ is complete shit now. It deserves to be deleted.

Hardwares are okay, Sup Forums babbies can't think of discussing hardwares without manchild game FPS circlejerking

We should have a gaming tech board, that would rid the GPU fags.

Programming handles AI, ASM, /dpt/, OS Dev and systems programming, etc

All the worthwhile parts of Sup Forums

>people wanting to split boards because they can't get along
i said this on Sup Forums, i said this on Sup Forums and i say it again, its a shitty idea

>but (X)fags can't stop making shitty threads about how (Y)fags have shit taste
separating the community because of company wars ish shitposting would just increase the conflict because now there would be "home-bases" with both boards constantly attacking each other (in other words, bogeymen and false flag up the ass) plus "mod approved" vibes that would be used as justification behind the shitposting
>but that one group of autists can't stop shitting up the board with their threads that add nothing of value
making an entire board for a sub-community that barely has anything to discuss wouldn't work either unless said community was big and capable of killing time with something else that isn't shitposting (/mlp/ with fanfics and /vp/ with replays for example), and even these two need to struggle when it comes to source material to work with thus explaining why they are so shit 90% of the time

If you still think i am full of shit just look at Sup Forums, which even after all this shit above still has people unironically suggesting splitting the board because they seriously think it will improve anything

Just enforce rules and delete duplicate threads.
If the mods would take there jobs as serious as the ones on e.g. Sup Forums there wouldnt even be a problem.

Hardware meaning phones, cards, screens, etc. Basically all the consumerism crap that half of Sup Forums complains about. Then make another board for the discussion of software and it's development

we have split Sup Forums into more focused boards. there's a science board, a video game board, etc...

there's always going to be a miscellaneous board for various topics. this is the miscellaneous board. it's not helped by the fact that the android Sup Forums app defaults to Sup Forums, so all the newfags hit Sup Forums first.

you can thank the worthless faggot who made that app for that.

>making an entire board for a sub-community that barely has anything to discuss wouldn't work

Yeah, because no one discusses programming. It is a niche, dying field