Apple gets a lot of hate here but you have to admit the mac pro was an excellent design when it was announced in 2013

apple gets a lot of hate here but you have to admit the mac pro was an excellent design when it was announced in 2013

since there are expected updates coming this year so who's /upgradingtomacpro/ this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xfdhMt1spiA
gizmodo.com/the-sad-reality-of-the-magic-mouse-2-1746949289
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Neat concept, needs better cooling.

>design
Too bad that was all it was.

what's wrong with it's cooling system?

Nice trashcan OP

great meme man :-) still going strong 3 years later

"upgrade"

It was barely adequate, and all the components could throttle under certain conditions. Ran pretty hot under normal loads.

>a whole bunch of shit not even necessary and entirely a user-to-user basis

wow you got me

officially a cruz-missle now

The target market fr the mac pro are professionals. Every thing listed there is arguably used and needed by some kind of professional.

Not him btw.

Optical media basically dead, and everyone uses network storage.

here is the product for you then
glad i could be of service

>everyone uses network storage
Nigger have you ever tried to copy 250GBs over NAT?

Yep, dont know why people insist on those arguments.

If apple stops using something on their products, it stops being relevant.

>network storage

>and everyone uses network storage
Are you retarded? Try editing several hundred gigs of movie clips over network storage.

It wouldn't piss me off so much if they sold a real version alongside the new piece of shit

>idiots who don't actually work with computers in any professional capacity

The Mac Pro has two internal PCI-E SSDs, and dual gigabit NICs. Yes, professionals use network storage.

I thought the way they got all the parts so tightly compact was pretty innovative, but at the same time the Mac Pro is pretty god damn ugly. Glossy plastic is a very dated design, reminds me of cheap Chinese electronics. There are much better looking cases out there.

>not having hdd
>muh cloud

Round designs are great from an aesthetics point of view but rather impractical in actual use. Harder to access parts, and not really space efficient either because nearly everything else on a desk would be some form of rectangular.

Yes, do you think a bonded ethernet connection is slower than writing DVDs?

>shit gpu and throttles as shit
>round design that fits nowhere
Apple died the moment Jobs died.

This better be bait you fucking retard.

I guess i have my answer, thank you Sup Forums

apple retards will defend this

fuck i should've applied for janitor

We have six of these at work. If you've never seen one, they're a lot smaller than you think they are. But then they have to be small enough to fit on a desk, because all the fucking cables for everything Mac-centric are only four inches long.

Also don't put anything like a book on top of one while it's running.

how is this off-topic this is a perfectly acceptable technology discussion about a computer you fucking idiot

Not him but I used to work at an IT company who had a client in one of the third world countries, and our location was based in the US. It was actually faster for us to build a small Samba server, send it to them for them to transfer their 4TB of storage and then ship it back. So it always depends on the circumstances.

how efficient is the heatsink with normal use? does it collect dust?

if i get a mac pro will i attract qts like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=xfdhMt1spiA

You mean QT's like this?

We've only had them for a couple months, but I expect to have to hit them with the air compressor sooner or later. Regarding heat, under low usage the air coming out is probably about as hot as your breath if you exhale slowly; never been around them under heavy load. I just tell people to keep their coffee in that top indention thing.

Sexy, but it's fucking 2016, put fucking skylake + latest AMD graphics for gods sake.

>800mhz

>glossy
You could easily send the outer cover through a tumbler and have a rough surface.

yeah i'm waiting for a refresh too

if it's refreshed this year it's an insta-buy for me

looking at 5 years usability with good upgradability options and good resale value after 5 years

>that bezel

>stale laptop memes when discussing a workstation

yeah fuck iMacs desu

looking at mac pro with 21:9 monitor addition

>latest AMD graphics

That custom motherboard is probably expensive to make, so they don't want to go around frying the PCIE slots.

>stale apple memeshit when discussing workstations

It's almost as if there's a computer in there

this is better

Man the release of the retina MBP was the moment Apple told professional users to go fuck themselves.

isnt that kind of bad

>Megahurtz myth

So, it's a trashcan?

So it basically has all the disadvantages of the Mac Pro AND it looks like cheap gamer shit?

POO IN LOO

i don't understand the indian apple meme

can someone explain this to me?

Don't you mean advantage for being portable?

Also it has gaming specs while the mac pro would never be able to + PCIE flash.

It was used to describe MS employees and shitty programmers then some retard started spamming it in Apple threads. I'm sure it's just one guy.

No, it's still objectively bad and throttles under demanding use.

Redesigning the wheel doesn't automatically make the revision better or clever. In this case, the only way to get the footprint down was to have a shared heatsink that really wasn't big enough for any major component on its own.

it's the latest fashion that flew over from the exotic boards of Sup Forums.

Someone made a meme webm based on an episode of Silicon Valley and now all the summerfriends have taken to reposting it.

There's nothing to explain, it's just a thing people here say to evade any kind of debate or differentiation. It's not really about Indians, it's about having the last word. Many children do very similar stuff for the same effect. It's very fucking annoying.

In fact, the response to this post will also be "Poo in loo Rajeesh" or something similar.

Excellent design for a tandoori

"Poo in loo Rajeesh" or something similar.

10,000 rupees have been deposited into your mumbai account

Maybe as a high-end counterpart to the Mac Mini, not as a lobotomized low-end workstation with no expansion capability whatsoever unless you want to rely on latent interfaces that fill your desk with ugly clutter, totally missing the point of the fucked up cylindrical design that is incompatible with pretty much any piece of human-style furniture in existence.

Considering the Mac Pro's primary market is multimedia content editors, it's very necessary to be able to run a lot of disks to store high-resolution video, or a co-processor like a Xeon Phi or Tesla if you're an education/scientific customer.

It's a ton of unnecessary compromise for a totally wrong market, they could have designed a nice-looking product that worked just as well without having to go for this retarded "space-saving" shit that ends up saving very little space at all in the end.

>excellent design
Indeed. Apple has shown great strides in this area.

Cryorig Ola looks much better than both.

every 1 in 3 engineers in the bay area period is indian
another 1 in 3 are asian
and last 1 in 3 are white

trash article

>two internal PCI-E SSDs
other entry-level workstations made by companies that actually perform well in the professional market can fit three to four standard disks plus two or three additional PCI-E SSDs

>dual gigabit NICs
>it has TWO OF THEM it's REALLY FAST guys
jesus fuck you're dumb

>Yes, professionals use network storage.
most "professionals" do use network storage but they don't edit their content over it, why the fuck would you do that at all? why would you open yourself to instability, inconsistent performance, and other inevitable mishaps that can arise on very large corporate networks?

and even if you were lucky enough to work at a place fitted with 10-gig it's still slower than SAS or PCI-E storage and not nearly as reliable or consistent

Is it me or does it look 10 times better without the aluminum trash can plate?

>glossy plastic
that's anodized aluminium you cuck

>the most powerful computer company in the world
>this is the best they could come up with

It was a nice design.
With a horrible price tag.
With a shit cooling.
With shit upgrade-ability.

So... yeah, design. Again. It's Apple.

The picture literally shows a working person's "gear". The person who earned the money to buy one, not the one who is living in mom's basement.

It's for encoding, 3D work (render).
Not for games, compiling, 3D work.

But mate, if you have money AND brains, you would not buy it. So ... there is nothing to talk about, really.

the computer is in the fucking back though, I had an iMac at work.

I'm just worried that the already "meh" hardware will just get downgraded to a MacBook level to make it so sleek and light and what the fuck not.

I don't care if my iMac pushes out lava on the top, who the fuck cares? At least it can do real work.

They should make a transparent casing

Summerfag detected

Same here it looks damn sexy just looking at the parts

>mac pro was announced 3 years ago

>most "professionals" do use network storage but they don't edit their content over it

You're 100% wrong there.

High end production houses use high speed SAN storage for multiple editors to access content.
iSCSI and SAS has plenty of performance for this kind of thing.
Most places have workstations with barely any flash storage built in just for a scratch disk, it's not worth buying more.

If you went to a video company and suggested using optical media in the year of our lord 2016, they would laugh you out of the fucking room.

>excellent design
No pci-e
No hdd bays

Sure there's some behind the screen but it's not like the space bezels just huge because it can be

>If you went to a video company and suggested using optical media in the year of our lord 2016, they would laugh you out of the fucking room.
Confirmed for talking out of your ass.

It has six Thunderbolt 2 ports, each of those ports are essentially a PCI-E 4x interface.
You can literally get Thunderbolt PCI-E enclosures for add-in cards and just plug them in.

Who put this together, some suicidal slant-eyed mongoloid?

Are you some kind of retard? Nobody uses optical anymore, most computers don't even ship with optical drives anymore. Nobody buys DVDs, even Blu-Ray sales are dropping like a stone.

Modern production houses target streaming and digital distribution.

/thread

Still nothing to pciex16, which is what real professionals use. The Mac Pro is a joke, a $13,000 joke.

Never seen an 8gb DIMM before?

Are you retarded?

What "professional" PCI-E expansion card needs a 16x slot?

Most audio and video gear only needs a 1x slot, even high end RAID cards and shit like that only need a 4x.

Are you? I still don't know what the fuck you're complaining about.

B-but "professional" means larger numbers, right???

Sure thing.

is she retarded?

>apple user

Take a wild guess.

ebin

what is that connection under the mouse? usb? for recharging? you can't use your mouse while charging? that would be fucked up

For charging

oh wow
gizmodo.com/the-sad-reality-of-the-magic-mouse-2-1746949289
this must be a joke at apple that goes "what else we can sell those fuckers"

>2 7950s
>hexacore cpu
>150W power supply
what a homosexual company

>things that never happened