GTX 1060 6GB $249 Comes Out July 19th

It's happening.

GTX 1060 6GB $249

Released July 19th

- 15% faster than 480
- 30W more power efficient than 480

videocardz.com/61917/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-to-cost-249-299-usd

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-6-gb-3dmark-performance-leaked.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Glad I've waited. Nvidia really delivers.

>yet another graphics card thread

The 8gb 480 is 200 bucks

Starting at means it will be 250 for the 3gb model

Also wait for aib

Stupid summerniggershillpajeetnewfriendledditfag

inb4 another vram scam

Do any of you really believe "faster than 480" meme?

Your post is wrong. 8gb 480 is 240 bucks. There is no 3gb model of the 1060.

Fire Strike benchmarks already confirm it's faster than 480.

>Its another "nvidiots still think their mid end gee pee jews can beat d's mid end"

There isnt a single 4gb 480

They are all 8gb

IS it the same GPU as the other two GTX 10** cards?

I hope "starting at $249" means that it's the non founders edition. No 3GB version, please.

No silly

Those were test models

Looks like the 6gb version is $249, no sign of the 3GB

If the 3GB does come out later might be $199

There is no 3GB card, only 6GB

Then how come there are people peeling stickers from "4Gb" RX480 boxes revealing 8gb and flashing bios to get 8gb cards? Maybe in the future there will be true 4gb versions, but for now every card is 8gb hardware.

Shhhhhh sh shhhhh shhhhhhhh

Stupid goy

Shut up!

lol AMD is so scammy

>1060 at $250
>1070 at $500

How does nvidia justify this?
That $250 is literally damage control for the RX 480.

lol
not here
>$500
lel

The 1070 is $380. Any markup are just retailers price gouging because demand is so high.

>getting an extra 4gb of VRAM for free and complaining about it

This is you typical Nvidia fags here. If its not a worse deal or something that mommy will count as both their birthday AND christmas present combined, they think its a scam

Please screen cap these posts. We need to immortalize Nvidia fags for what they really are.

what do you think?

AMD scammed everyone who bought an 8gb card because they are paying extra for nothing.

qt 3.14 1050 when

No it's all new

okay, how do you explain 970 going for 300-350 on launch day then?

nvidia started foundry edition scam - aibs followed because base price is astronomical to begin with

>people peeling stickers from "4Gb" RX480 boxes revealing 8gb and flashing bios to get 8gb cards? Maybe in the future there will be true 4gb versions, but for now every card is 8gb hardware.

If only Nvidia fags could read

Nvidia pricing always like that, doubling price the lowend together for mid, and doubling mid to high end since like geforce 6 series. The 1060 should be 185$ but dunno why it cost $240

GPU's are technolo/g/y. Deal with it grampa.

Prices are going to be high no matter what if demand is higher than supply.

We are seeing the same thing with the 480 and all new card releases - marked up prices because supply sucks.

I recommend getting this thing as soon as you can before the scalpers get to it. Pre-order, setup notifications for Amazon and Newegg.

Or just wait a few months if you want to get it as cheap as possible as supply levels out.

BACK IN MY DAY WE USED GOOD OL FASHION VIDEO CHIPS ON THE MAINBOARD! AND ONLY IF YOU REALLY NEEDED IT, YOU COULD GET AN AGP CARD!

Meh. I'm not a poorfag who cums over mid tier video cards. Go big or go buy a console.

>$249
So I'll be able to get one for €300 if I'm lucky?

Now give us the 1050

>30W more power efficient than 480

47W more efficient when you consider the 480s actual power consumption and not it's fake-ass TDP.

Yeah that's true, just going by the specs.

Could also add that it won't kill your motherboard like the 480 will :D

Ay dudes, I have a problem with my card.

When I plug it in via display port my monitor displays it but it's very very very dark and slightly fuzzy, changing the brightness etc does nothing, seems like a hardware issue but the monitor works fine via HDMI and the cable works fine in other computers and also the HDMI in the GPU works fine.

What's actually wrong?

WHO

i do laugh when i see autistic Sup Forumsentoomen proclaiming they don't play games. the average age here is 20-something, if you don't play games you're weird and have no friends and probably spend all your time doing boring IT shit.

nvidia literally said 3gb model and 6gb model
now paid shills says nvidia doesnt have a 3gb model
lel
250 for a 3gb and 299 for a 6gb
being this stupid

Anyone?

AMDcucks are getting saltier and saltier.

What card? And what display port version?

well given how this card will horribly fail on dx12 and will only be relevant as a gameworks card
i dont see why people should be salty afterall nvidia never actually delivered on their promises

>lurking irc and programming is weird now
I want Sup Forumseddit to leave

Display port version on the card and on the monitor

After a week of Nfucks constantly posting "Is the 480 the worst card of all time?" They say AMDrones are salty lol

Yes, they are and gaming is cool now. #Xboxandchill. :^)

Fuck off with this dead leddit maymay.

LE SALTY XDeeeeeee

>>lurking irc and programming is weird now

It's always been pretty fucking weird desu senpai

>actually expecting NVIDIA to match or undercut AMD pricing

medium kek. NVIDIA are the Apple of PC components, they charge more for brand name alone.

>lurking irc and programming is weird now
Lurking IRC is fucking pointless. Its the internet equivalent to watching paint dry. Something only autics do.

And have you been in a room full of professional programmers? There's a reason all these tech companies make their work spaces all industrial themed with vents and shit everywhere. You congregate more then 5 or 6 programmers into room it begins to smell like B.O. and rotting cheese.

Prices start at $250, thats going to be the 3GB version
You're going to pay over $300 if you want 6GB and a decent cooler.

nah its called escalation of commitment

There isn't a 3GB version, the rumors were likely misreporting the 1050.

I can smell the curry from here

Why would I pay MORE for a card that doesn't preform as well a 970?

The markup is nvidias own fault you retard. The production limit is intentional so they can jack the price up to whatever they want.

If the cheapest version on Amazon is 430$ then it doesn't cost 380$.

You might want to read the OP article, the 6GB is actually $249

Nvidia doesn't make any extra money, they just sell the boards to retailers and the retailers set the prices.

Unfortunately the retailers know the demand for these things are huge, so they jack up the prices.

Same shit is happening to the 480 and every new GPU.

>Starting at

So, 250$ for 3gb card. In the meantime, Rx 480 was supposed to cost 230$, in US ended with 240-250$ and in EU - 300 EUR. Im afraid to think how much will 1060 6gb cost in Europe.

Sorry, Im still waiting for Rx 480 Nitro.

In before "why buying new card anyway?" - Im using GTX 660 right now, everything will be jump in performance.

So to be clear about this thread so far

Nvidia fans are protesting getting 4 extra gb of vram for the price of just 4
Nvidia fans are praising the fact that Nvidia is riding the market to maximize the cost of their new cards.

How do you guys justify this?

He's probably mentioning the fact, that non-reference cards are more expensive than FE ones.

>Nfucks
Everybody with a brain bashed the 480, because AMDshills were non stop shilling it for 2 weeks straight with stuff "1 480 has alrealy the performance of a 980ti", "2 480 have a performance way higher than 1080", "480 is the best card ever", "Look at Ashes of Singularity(tm)" and so on, while the result is at best described as very very underwhelming.

So how much it will be in eurocuck? 400 euro?

NVIDIOTS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Because you're a cuck and you'll lap up all the cum off the floor after nvidia has finished masturbating to a moneybag?

6GB 1060 is $249

>cheapest 8GB 480 is $379 in Australia

LOL

1060 will cost $450 or more.

What a pathetic time to be buying video cards. 2012 almost looks like a time of actual competition, in hindsight. Almost.

>So, 250$ for 3gb card

There is no 3GB card.

around 300

You see desu senpai, that is wrong.

>Retailer requests an order from Nvidia
>"500 1080's, 750, 1070's, and 1000 1060's"
>okay that will cost $50,000 dollars
not a number I worked to here, just one I can use
>Wow hey Nvidia we sold out in 2 hours haha! can we get the same order again?
>Hmmm, well prices have changed with demand, your order will cost $100,000 now

t. a marketing executive in a retail chain store

Then why Nvidia said previously that there will be 3gb and 6gb versions?

This isnt 1984, Wilson, you cant just erase what was said in the past.

>damn, that $700 EVGA OC aftermarket card is all sold out
>might as well buy the $1,000 founder's edition reference card instead
do you not understand the way of the jew yet?

I want the paid nvidia fags to pls go

The AIB 480s will run circles around this piece of crap.

I rather get founders edition at a higher price than buy a no-drivers firestorm piece of shit from AMD.

You might want to read the OP article

Holy shit, you people really are paid shils. I didn't even mention amd anywhere and I triggered someone anyway.

>CTRL + F "3GB"
nothing
I didn't even say anything about this article mentioning the lack of 3GB variants for the price.
ikr? It is 5pm in india right now

>GTX 1060 6GB $249

Founders edition: $300, and with all their supply problems the card will probably end up costing $350 minimum.

>- 15% faster than 480

Firemark scores are already out, the card scores the same as a RX480 at 1300MHz... for $240.

You might want to read the OP article

>Any markup are just retailers price gouging because demand is so high.

Or because supply is so low.

Is nvidia ever going to get on the adaptive sync train? I know they will push gsync as much as they possibly can but I believe vr headsets are demanding adaptive sync/freesync

Not to mention AMD cards age far better than Nvidia cards... RX 480 will be 10-20% faster than the 1060 in a year's time.

Anybody who falls for this FE scam is a fool. I'm waiting at least a couple months for all AIB models to come out and reference models to fuck off out of the market.

>the power of 980 for every gamer
>only for the price of 970
AMD won the mid-end market.

1060 actually easily beats the 480 in fire strike

See: guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-6-gb-3dmark-performance-leaked.html

I want to deeply inhale from the insole of her heels

>the power of 980 for every gamer

At Dx12, thats it.

Im not fan of Nvidia, but please, lets me realistic here.

Sup Forums fags coming to Sup Forums is like Sup Forums coming to Sup Forums
Both Sup Forums and Sup Forums is filled with 15 year old edgelords who have no idea what they are talking about and in an argument they reside to memes.

Are you fucking daft?

This is the nail in the coffin for AMD

I'm another user and you might want to read the op article.

>1060 doesn't support DX12 and can't even play Overwatch at 1080p 60fps

why would any1 buy this shit

I agree he should read OP article

Is that prior to or post the required gimping of the 480 to stop it destroying motherboards?

480 runs Overwatch at about 136 fps

1060 should run Overwatch at about 156 fps