Speccy thread

no thread in the catalog, so
SPECCY THREAD

r8 and b8 away

I hope you're rendering or encoding or something cause that xeon with a GTX 970 will work for gaming, but the single core performance is so lacking that even an i3 with likely perform better in most games because of the higher core clock.

you would be surprised, i had a skylake rig (6700k) and in almost every game i play they are within 5 fps of each other on ultra. I usually only play gta v and overwatch, but this was definitely worth the 400 bucks i spent on it

also bruh that nvidia is overheating to all hell

got a second 960gb ssd, 1080 ftw and ek predator 240 to replace my shit noctua air cooler being shipped right now.

i hate the waiting game

its playing a game at 2560x1440 for the past hour when that was taken, so yea...

Also, it can hit 75-80c fine. it was only at like 70% fan speed.

You named GTA5 which can actually use more than 2 cores, and Overwatch, which isn't CPU bound as far as I am aware.

So yeah, in those games it wont make a huge difference. Try playing a game that only uses 2 cores or 4 cores then compare to a higher clocked i3 or i5.

71 degrees isnt really that hot

I really wish they'd update Speccy so it detected DDR4 and newer graphics cards' VRAM properly.

ac brotherhood, la noire, wash_hogs, need for speed, gta iv, euro truck, just cause, saints row, civ and minecraft. tested all of those and they ran about the same if not better

Speccy has never worked fully, it's tradition.

placebo, actual benchmarks show you're wrong. a 2.2Ghz xeon will not keep up with a 3.5GHz+ i5 or similar in games that are limited to 1-4 cores.

>real world test is placebo
>synthetic benchmarks are accurate

show me 10 sources, or kill yourself

Its common sense, any game that is using 1-4 cores will only use 1-4 cores on the xeon. They are clocked at 2.2GHz and you can't OC a xeon.

So an i3 with 2 core clocked at 3.5GHz would certainly be better than 2 cores clocked at 2.2GHz.

Same with an i5 but with 4 cores.

The only advantage your xeon will have is in games that can use more than 4 cores because it has 8 cores.

but the price is restrictive. i got more bang for the buck with this rig because for 400 bucks i got the ssd, 32gb ram, the cpu, cooler, powersupply, case; the whole shebang vs spending 200-300 on just a skylake i3 or i5.

I'm not saying for you personally it wasn't a decent deal, i'm simply saying you can't pretend a 2.2GHz xeon is going to hold you back compared to an i5 in gaming for games that only use 4 cores.

It's simple math, 4 cores at 2.2GHz simply can't win against 4 cores at 3.5GHz+

and as we currently stand the majority of games use 2-4 cores, SOME games do use 6+, but they aren't all that common.

that said, i do a lot of work in premiere, after effects, and im running two or three vm's at the same time.

In that case you will be able to multitask better without your cores being slammed to 100% load lal the time, BUT your peak performance for gaming will still be limited by the reduced core clock compared to a consumer i5.

e-2660 has a 3GHz turbo. He's fine.
Now I just need to get two.

And the i5 turbos up to 4GHz+ and if a K version OC's to 4.5GHz+

They're nice chips, but they aren't for gaming.

And you're looking at paying $150 more for it than he paid. With $150 more he'd have a 1070. Guess which would be faster?

Depends entirely if the game is GPU or CPU bound.

Also with such a low single core performance the average framerate may drop significantly even if peak framerate goes up.

>nsa.jpg

G50-45

So much storage.

Neither average or peak are important really, minimums are. And that's where you'd see the biggest hit with a low-clocked Xeon. Fuck, GTA V with the grass setting on Ultra sends my 4.6GHz 6700K crashing with no survivors in certain areas.

Some of us need to store a lot of chinese cartoons.

Also, roast me.

>Some of us need to store a lot of chinese cartoons
can confirm

is this the new windows 10 general

>1070 at 60hz

wew lad

>1080p