MPV THREAD

MPV THREAD

I just installed peerflix, peerflix-hook.lua and torrent-video-player + magnet-video-player to /usr/local/bin/.
how do i stream torrents?
i found peerflix magnet/torrentlink --vlc
but when i type --mpv instead, it doesn't find mpv.

also, share your haxxor configs.

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/vidiot/
svp-team.com/wiki/Download
files.jrg.systems/angle-seq4/libGLESv2.dll
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:mpv#Installation_-_Windows
gist.github.com/selsta/ce3fb37e775dbd15c698
svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:Linux
mpv.io/manual/master/
github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/VideoRenderers/ColorManager.cpp
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/2917
github.com/svpteam/mpv
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/2959#issuecomment-199818389
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>how do i stream torrents?
You have to DL the stuff sequentially which is not how torrents work... normally

what did you mean by this

Where are the meme presets?

You can't really play a file that is all over the place in pieces

>how do i stream torrents?

You just tick those 2 options on a torrent in qBittorrent, wait for the blue bar to fill up enough, and play the video.

Sequential torrent downloading is quite stable, you just need to wait a little bit before playing the video files, especially with 4K rips.

I use both MPlayer and mpv.

My shitty GPU doesn't run ewa_lanczos without choppy playback!
Which one is better for 1080p -> 1080p?
vo=opengl-hq
vo=opengl-hq:user-shaders="~~/CrossBilateral.glsl"
vo=opengl-hq:user-shaders="~~/superxbr-chroma.hook"

>Peerflix file.torrent/magnet.link -k

-k = mpv

See peerflix -help for more options.

>vo=opengl-hq:user-shaders="~~/superxbr-chroma.hook"
I tried that and it looks like shit

thanks mate. this thread gave me cancer before you replied.

No time for all MPV nonsense. VLC player Masterrace.

ewa_lanczos > superxbr > spline36

I don't know why it is so popular for madvr fags!

Any hint for a tiny/better osc, and complete too, i mean sub select, chapters audio stream etc.

>sourceforge.net/projects/vidiot/
This dumbass geek copy/paste the mpdn logo for his stupid project.

Fucking useless! We have keyboard/remote for this!

Yes true, but i like to see if the video as some extra audio/subtitle track, and eventually jumping to here and there with the trackbar.

I believed you only need it the first one?

What is the display-resample alternative for directshow?
Does lavfilters or madvr have this feature?
Sorry I know it's not really related to mpv. :\

Is it a good preset for weak amd apu?
vo=opengl:interpolation
video-sync=display-resample
hwdec=auto

>svp-team.com/wiki/Download
Can they sale their installer with mpv? Is it legal?

Use the strongest settings possible until you start experiencing framedrops. Simple as that.

Finding the right mpv config for your machine is like overclocking a CPU/GPU. Just keep going until you run into issues.

Is there a way to fallback to a lower config if desync/dropped frames are detected?

Literally why?

Wanna know why VLC always has a cone for an icon? Because it needs better construction.

I think mpv's display-sync is similar to what ReClock does.

What is wrong with just using mpc hc?

Would anyone be upset if vo=direct3d was removed? In theory, vo=opengl:backend=angle-es2 should work on all the hardware vo=direct3d works on with comparable performance, since both use DX9. If this is the case, vo=direct3d is just a maintenance/support burden and can be removed (like ao=dsound was.)

If you want to keep vo=direct3d, please speak up.

(By the way, this includes vo=direct3d_shaders, which is just a vo=direct3d preset.)

Nothing. Use MPC-HC if you want to. It's also a good video player. This thread isn't here to sell mpv to you.

>Would anyone be upset if vo=direct3d was removed?
no

Alright listen
I'm using mpv on Windows with
#video
vo=opengl-hq
#video-sync=display-resample
hwdec=no

As soon as I enable video-sync=display-resample, high res vids get choppy in Windowed mode (not fullscreen). Can't be a performance issue, got a Xeon E3-1270 v5.

Any tips?

Is vo=opengl-hq:backend=dxinterop affected? I'm investigating a bottleneck in ANGLE with flip-mode present. It doesn't affect fullscreen in 8.1 and 10 because of DirectFlip, but it affects windowed mode on those systems when the window size is large.

thanks man, it works. no stuttering anymore.

If it doesn't stutter with dxinterop backend then your computer just sucks. Get a better one.

?! I just told you I have a Xeon E3-1270 v5. What kind of fucking CPU do you expect me to have lol. GPU is 390x if that matters at all. And if it was because of my machine, why doesn't it stutter in full screen mode?

btw.. what is video-sync=display-resample good for anyway.

Great. If dxinterop works, you can probably just continue using it.

If you have a 64-bit install of Windows 8.1 or 10 and you don't mind helping me track down this bug, could you try the old vo=opengl-hq config with this libGLESv2 DLL: files.jrg.systems/angle-seq4/libGLESv2.dll

Not so fast famalam, it might just be a bug. My computer suffers from this too when the window is maximized (not fullscreen.)

where am I supposed to put the dll?

>btw.. what is video-sync=display-resample good for anyway.
It adjusts the speed of the video slightly so it more closely matches your monitor's refresh rate, which should reduce judder. The problem is that it also makes mpv present a frame on every display refresh and I think that might cause synchronisation issues with the DWM.

It should replace the old libGLESv2.dll that came with mpv (so next to mpv.exe.)

If you don't already have a libGLESv2.dll, this probably isn't the same issue that I'm thinking of, so don't worry about it.

my version of mpv doesn't have those files. Grabbed this version sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

Ah, don't worry about it then. Either those builds don't have ANGLE or they patch mpv to statically link it, so you can't just swap in the DLL.

>GPU is 390x if that matters at all.
It probably matters more than the CPU (mpv tends to be GPU-limited.) You can check the GPU utilisation with tools like GPU-Z, but it should be well under 50% with that config on a 390X.

grabbed a different version, replaced dll with yours anyway. didn't make a difference if that is any of help to you.

So it still stutters with vo=opengl-hq (no dxinterop) and that DLL? Oh well (that DLL fixes the stuttering for me.) Thanks for trying it out.

is vo=opengl-hq sufficient for highest quality? because I see people adding some stuff behind it.

vo=opengl-hq is pretty high quality, but there are other suboptions you can add, for example vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczossharp for EWA scaling. There is no definitive set of options to use though since it all comes down to personal taste.

Thanks. You've been of great help!

Anyone know a good config for a laptop?

I've been getting a lot of tearing recently since I reverted to Windows 7 and I can't get my config just right anymore (I know stupid me).
Really frustrating. I had some interpolation setting, but just removed everything in a fit of irritation after getting a bunch of dropped frames and am only using vo=opengl-hq at the moment.

Is it possible to have mpv shuffle between files in the current directory and its sub-directories?

Like say I have a folder "Videos"
and in it I have some files, "1.mkv", "2.mkv", "3.mkv", etc
then I also have other folders in "Videos" that contain their own set of videos

I want mpv to randomly find a file and play it, then find another and play it, and continue doing this until I close the player, all the while the files it plays could be in "Videos" or one of the folders in "Videos". Right now I am able to add all current files in a folder to the mpv playlist with a script I found and play them in order or manually change the order, but not this.

Because of placebo. Anything that has a fancy and is ideally expensive to compute will make them enjoy the video more, even if it completely ruins the image

Why not ask for the feature on the GitHub.

>mpv --shuffle ~/Videos/

That's all.

Oh, and disable the playlist script with "--load-scripts=no" or it won't work properly.

>Can they sale their installer with mpv? Is it legal?
Well you actually don't need it
svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:mpv#Installation_-_Windows
All you need is to create a mpv build for windows with VS but I think there is non so far because windows is a shit (it's trivial for linux/osx).
When you have it I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work unless he deliberately blocks mpv on windows in the free version of SVP.

The day mpv got a selling feature of SVP, trolo.

Can't someone just upload their version of MPV?

Can I use mpv to search online subtitle databases yet? It's the only reason I don't switch to it from lame ass MPC-HC for good.

gist.github.com/selsta/ce3fb37e775dbd15c698

Anyone have an SVP 4 PPA I can use?

>Can't someone just upload their version of MPV?
Well, yeah, or just someone else publishes builds with VS.
But again, they could prevent mpv from being used in the free version (from the SVP program), in that case having the mpv build would not help.

>Anyone have an SVP 4 PPA I can use?
Can't you download it from their website?
svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:Linux

Cause I have tried this over and over and it does not install properly to where it is even functional. I want all the prereqs to be taken care by the system and for the program to actually install.

You can download files sequentially. I have yet to see a client bully peers into feeding it the entire set of pieces in order though. First and last pieces I have seen, but not the whole thing in order.

>I have yet to see a client bully peers into feeding it the entire set of pieces in order
That's such a shame considering how much I love bullying.

Works on my machine.

You need both to guarantee it will work with your media player

You realise that option is to download the files IN THE TORRENT, in sequential order. That makes it useless for movies and only useful for TV if you have a fast connection and the torrent has them in order to begin with.

>the program to actually install.
The fuck, how long are you using linux?
Do you know what package managers are?

What is the strongest config?

>the strongest config

Simply the best quality
vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:cscale=ewa_lanczossoft:dscale=mitchell:tscale=triangle:interpolation:dither-depth=1:scaler-resizes-only=yes:sigmoid-upscaling=yes:blend-subtitles=yes

You forgot video-sync=display-resample!
Why are you using tscale=triangle?

>dither-depth=1
>sigmoid-upscaling=yes

You're a special kind of Windows retard aren't you?

That might work for local files, but what about streams? I want to input the name of the movie and that is not possible with mpv

>You're a special kind of Windows retard aren't you?
Looks gorgeous imo. I only recommend the best.

WHERE IS THE CONFIG FILE???

create it yourself.
mpv.conf

okay and what should I write in? help pls

it's all your preference.
the manual is here: mpv.io/manual/master/
my config if you want is this:
vo=opengl-hq,opengl
save-position-on-quit=yes
#video-aspect=16:10

# Audio
alang=en,eng,english,[eng],[Eng],English
softvol=yes
softvol-max=150
volume=100

# Subtitles

slang=en,eng,english,[eng],[Eng],English
sub-pos=98

#subs#
sub-text-font="Source Sans Pro Semibold"
sub-text-font-size=48
sub-text-margin-y=36
sub-text-color="#ffffffff"
sub-text-border-color="#000000"
sub-text-border-size=3.2
sub-text-shadow-offset=1
sub-text-shadow-color="#33000000"
sub-text-spacing=0.5
sub-auto=fuzzy
ass-force-style=Kerning=yes
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll

#OSD#
osd-bar=no
osd-font="Source Sans Pro"
osd-font-size=36
osd-border-size=1.6
osd-color='#ffffffff'
osd-border-color='#ff262626'
osd-shadow-offset=1
osd-shadow-color="#33000000"
osd-spacing=0.5
osd-status-msg='(${percent-pos}%) ${time-pos} / ${duration}\n${?chapter:Chapter: ${chapter}}\n${?vo-drop-frame-count:Frames Dropped: ${vo-drop-frame-count}'

# OSC settings
script-opts=osc-layout=box,osc-seekbarstyle=bar,osc-timetotal=yes,osc-fadeduration=100,osc-scalewindowed=0.7,osc-scalefullscreen=0.7,osc-deadzonesize=1,osc-valign=1,osc-halign=1.0
#Default valign=0.8, halign=0.0

# OSD settings
osd-scale=0.7

# Screenshots
screenshot-template='~/Pictures/Screenshots/%f-%P-%[#][0X]n'
screenshot-directory="~/Pictures/Screenshots/"
screenshot-format=jpg
screenshot-jpeg-quality=100

# Streams
ytdl=yes
ytdl-format=((136/bestvideo)+(250/bestaudio))/best[vcodec!=vp9]

# Extentions
[extension.webm]
loop-file=inf
[extension.gif]
loop-file=inf
[extension.jpg]
pause
[extension.png]
pause

wow thanks. do you know how I can make this template to work? I always get an error:
%F_[%P]_[%tY.%tm.%td][%tH:%tM:%tS]

what error?
mind the filename length. windows has a limit for that.
you also have to make the path something like 'C:\Desktop\Screenshots\' i guess.
the config i gave for screenshots doesn't work either btw, i had to make it '~/Pictures/Screenshots/%f-%P'

also, when i try it works on xubuntu.

github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/VideoRenderers/ColorManager.cpp

holy shit this is some hilariously bad code

nice screenshots are working now
lucky guy. I copied this template from another thread, sadly it doesn't seem to work on windows :(

>just install MPV and it werks
>5x less mem usage than VLC
wew lads why has it taken me this long to make the switch

SVP's attempt to use mpv on windows have actually been the subject of some debate and security issues:

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/2917

They used to host it here: github.com/svpteam/mpv

>SVP's attempt to use mpv on windows have actually been the subject of some debate and security issues:
This is a thing of the past for a long time now. Them hosting a patched version of mpv wasn't for long as soon after mpv got named pipes: github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/2959#issuecomment-199818389
Their current version of mpv really is just mpv compiled with VS support, according to SVP people.

Is it possible to automatically create a folder when taking screenshots? The folder should have the same name as the folder the video is located in

>Is it possible to automatically create a folder when taking screenshots? The folder should have the same name as the folder the video is located in
With a lua script, sure.

explain pls

Oh, what is the package name for SVP? I have used Linux for four or five years maybe. I stopped using it for about the last two years but I just installed Ubuntu on a ThinkPad I bought myself.

I just want a normal package the installs with the right pre-reqs and actually functions. The .run from the tar file is not sufficient. Even when I install all the necessary pre-reqs by means of installing the program name followed by asterisk (e.g., vapoursynth*) it does not work. Also was not working installing to /usr/bin so I tried even installed to the suggest path in the home dir to no avail.

I'd just like a PPA, even one made by some retarded Indian blogger.

He won't

>dscale=mitchell

>explain pls
I'm afraid it won't be easy unless you know have some programming basics. When you have them, you can use the lua scripting API and probably do it in only a few lines of code.

bump

how do i set the jump time to exactly 3 seconds so that it goes back/forward 3 seconds when i press left or right
i am too stupid to understand the manual