Sup Forumsutsuru

guts bread?
shitty phone camera edition

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock.net/t/1604569/nvidia-pascal-issues-thread
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP3PB1519&cm_re=full_tower_blue-_-11-129-100-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353028&cm_re=full_tower_blue-_-11-353-028-_-Product
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Motherboard overhanging like that is kinda weird looking.

My good old 280x is breaking down..

I hope it survives till the 1080ti.

Nice covering of cables with speccy
As nice as ever

OP here

lol yeah i thought so too when i built it. but it works just fine.

its actually covering mostly the ssd cage but you're partially right, there are cables under it
also i really like that your motherboard tray is vented near the pci area. that's brilliant. what case is this?

you could consider reapplying thermal paste? maybe that gives you a few extra weeks

Thanks, can't wait to finish the build with a new card.

I've done that few months ago.

The issue is very specific things, it's simply just dying.

Shitty phone camera pix you say?

So u disabled the sound chip in the bios and am now just using NVIDIA's HD Audio. It's surprisingly nicer, or at least I think it sounds better.

I have my speakers connected to the headphone out of my monitor. Works well.

Can anyone recommend a proper sound card?

>shitty phone camera edition
I dont think i've ever posted anything but a shitty cellphone picture.

*I disabled

>5820k
>GTX 960
What are you doing that called for that CPU?

Encoding. Also wasn't gonna drop $340+ for a GTX 970 3-4 months before the GTX 1070, now i'm just waiting for better supply of non-reference models before picking one up.

Interesting. I didn't know you could fit a MATX board in the ITX prodigy like that. Did you have to mod it at all to make it work?

I used to use an Asus Xonar DG a few years back that was better than any onboard audio at the time for a rather cheap price. The PCI-E version, the DGX, is a little more expensive but might be what you're looking for. The only reason I'm not using the DG anymore is because I got a new motherboard with no PCI slot and had some spare cash floating around anyways, so I splurged on an Asus Xonar Essence STX.

fight me

now with updated spaccy

it's actually not a prodigy. It's an AeroCool DS cube. However, I did have both radiators installed in a BitFenix Phenom ITX before, which is essentially the same chassis. No modding required, except for removing parts which are designed to come out.

>tfw a single cable is halting your upgrade
user, when are your upgrades coming?

>user, when are your upgrades coming?
hopefully christmas

Wow man, sorry to hear that. Here, an IBM case to cheer you up.

if you meant the i5 stuff, that came about a month ago but was broken so I returned it and gave up on upgrades, probably just gonna re-use only the GPU in a zen build

Good luck with Zen, it looks promising.

Still waiting for 1080 up/downgrade

SLI is a meme, don't do it my dudes

>looks promising
It doesn't "look" like anything. Zero benchmarks, constantly being delayed, no word on anything, you think that looks promising?

Never again.

Oh well. I'm sure DX12 will even out the pain. I don't plan on upgrading until at least a 1080ti, but I'll wait until Volta is announced to get one dirt cheap by comparison of release price.

they still are saying 40% IPC gains, if that's accurate, which so far we have no reason to believe it ISN'T. It looks promising.

Stop being a pessimist.

I'm getting sushi tomorrow. I'll use the chopstick to fix the sag. How do I attach it to the case to prop it up? I was thinking Krazy glue.

hot glue is good, cause you can remove it without issues. My CPU cooler is hot glued in on one corner

>Windows 10
>guts
>speccy

>AMD would never lie about their processors
Pic related

>this motherfucker
Since when is there not a faggot Sup Forumsatsu thread on Sup Forums?

I'm not saying they wouldn't, but trying to claim they are already proven to have lied about this when nothing is official is retarded.

Wait for the benchmarks THEN shit on AMD if it sucks.

You just look like a moronic fanboy if you try and meme the AMD is always shit when you dont even have performance figures.

You are just a moronic fanboy who tries to make AMD look amazing when you don't even have performance figures

Migrated to a new Case (Raijintek Styx)
It looks fucking sweet and its near silent even with the generic case fan.
Only thing I'm wondering is why my CPU temps aren't as good as I thought. CPU goes up to 60 degrees during gaymen. Is it because of the proximity to the GPU? Should I rotate it so that it's parallel to the GPU? But then it'd have no real exhaust on the bottom.
>tfw Sup Forums made you autistic

i highly recommend avoiding pascal for the time being. plagued by WAY to many issues.

from screen flickering to high latency issues being caused by the drivers.

All of the issues are for people with Gsync or high refresh rate monitors

Which is a huge problem because why the fuck would you buy a 1070 or 1080 for 1080p 60hz or less?

I literally just said wait and see, how does that make me an AMD fanboy trying to make AMD look amazing? Are you retarded or just looking to rustle jimmies?

4k 60hz user

The latter

the latency is not.

every single pascal owner right now with every driver that supports pascal causes high latency. nvidia confirmed it in the official nvidia forum thread about the dcp latency issue. whats sad is it took nvidia over a MONTH to knowledge it.

the screen flickering mostly has been affecting gsync and high refresh rate users, but a few have reported it on standard 60hz displays as well. took nvidia nearly a month to finally ask people to start posting in their specs to narrow down the issue.

i've been a raging nvidia fanboi since the geforce4 days but this launch has been absolutely horrendous and the last year their quality of drivers have been awful.

also easy way to see your latency is to use latencymon. dcplet doesn't work right on windows 8 and above.

At this rate I won't be upgrading to a 1080 for a couple months anyways. No good job is Alberta.

senpai don't forget the pixel clock issue.

ocn is keeping a list: overclock.net/t/1604569/nvidia-pascal-issues-thread

lol wtf nvidia

HOW DID THIS PASS QC?

This appears to be a driver issue, I would assume this will be fixed soon

My GTX 960 has the kernal driver spike up to the point it warns me there might be problems, but i had to have anime playing while also changing my browser tab on the other monitor for it to even get that.

for pascal users that is sitting idle at desktop.

well no shit op even states that.
>with every driver that supports pascal causes high latency.

> I would assume this will be fixed soon
its been over a month and they finally now where able to acknowledge the issue and state they're working on it.

The 1080p and 60hz went together dummy. 1440p or 2160p 60hz is fine.

>i have
>no friends
that's why i seek validation online

>That cpu cooler

Tis a typical shill

this post validates itself

>No good job is Alberta.
Shit man, I'm with you there. I'm a retail bitch right now, barely making enough to eat and keep a roof over my head.

At least it's still better than AMD. It's not burning out motherboards.

I'm trying to find a job loading rail cars as a terminal operator, got laid off from my last job. I'm probably gonna go roofing with a buddy next week just to keep my bills paid, it really sucks here right now.

I'd be trying to get into construction too, but I screwed my back in a car accident a few years ago. I doubt I could even stay working for a full shift. On the flip side, at least the insurance settlement from that is allowing me to stay afloat, despite being a retail bitch. If I see any openings for a forklift operator, I'm going for it.

I wish I had more tickets for running equipment, I have lots of experience running a front end loader and some for forklift but i am not certified to run either.

party hard 1080 coming soon

It depends what kind of certification they want. I've got a license verifying my training through Raymond Equipment, but I believe most places won't accept that. Wouldn't hurt to give it a try though.

>tfw already brought 2 family members over to PC gaming and the third and fourth coming up
this train has no brakes

just give me a fucking (You)

whered you get the braided cables from

should i move the radiator to the back as an exhaust or keep it in front as an intake?

always at the back

Custom, I like it

Please get a new PSU before that one blows up your house

It has two blown capacitors, and is going to be replaced with a perfect condition Dell 745 today when my Arctic silver 5 arrives.

Nice exhaust air guide.

I've been eyeballing the fuck out of this case. Your temperature issue is clearly because of inadequate air flow. Sitting below the gpu like that is trapping the heat. Assuming your cooler is facing the right direction, you're also getting back pressure without an exhaust fan. Get some scythe slipstreams or any slim fans to bring cool air in through the bottom, and force the heat out through the back.

LOL falling for the SLI mememe hahaha

I gotta agree, high end cards become space heaters as they age anyway, why get two?

Because people who cant actually afford 2 high end cards recommend it to people who DO have the money, despite the fact SLI almost never works as you want it to.

If the ones recommending SLI had ever actually used it, they'd tell you fuck no never do SLI, just get the best single card you can.

Not exactly good, it doesn't exhaust as much of the case air as a result, I would expect HIGHER general temps with this kind of a set up

I personally keep my h100i on intake, but I have an R5, so putting it at the top defeats the purpose of having a case designed to be quiet.

So I need a new case for a H110i that I won in a raffle. I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me an opinion on two cases.

Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Black Steel:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP3PB1519&cm_re=full_tower_blue-_-11-129-100-_-Product

DIYPC Skyline-07-B Black SECC:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353028&cm_re=full_tower_blue-_-11-353-028-_-Product

I was going to go with the Skyline but I see some reviews about it being a poorly constructed case that is cheap to boot. I wanted a case that has the potential for good cable management.

Does anyone have any experience with these cases or any cases with blue LED's? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Just fuck my shit up senpai

R8 my Ri9

Apart form the card saggin like some old titties, that's a cool rig.

The only times I ever had problems, was with new titles and waiting for updated drivers, and with much older titles that didn't even need the full grunt of one card. I'd recommend it if you need more gpu power than one top of the line card.
Looks good, but the front top fan won't be doing much in your air flow set up.
9/10
Looks tight ;)
9/10

Yeah been looking for a backplate for it but no dice. Chopstick and hot glue it is.

I took out that top fan. Realized it was possibly removing air blowing from the front case fan to the heatsink.

bump

I used SLI for 2 years and almost never had issues, in fact I only ever recall having to disable it once for some shitty Ubisoft game, and I played a lot of games at release and never ran into driver issues. It's not a meme but you don't get double the frames like some people expect I think.

pic related, one of my old SLI setups

no need to bump mate, I'm just gonna make a new one when it drops

bump

bump

bump

Here's a shitty picture of my msi 1070 I installed today.

this is the most impressively terrible photo i've seen on Sup Forums
you're in the right thread my friend

Sorry for shit quality

Thanks man! I promise I will make a proper Sup Forumsuts photo of my shit someday.

>3 FD fans in front inside DefineS
Are you (me)? They didnt really fit just right for you too? Top screws at the top fan were at the angle so i just installed them using rubber mounts, case also vibrated like a motherfucker before that.

Is that a add in Intel GMA card!?!

is that a nano?

think its time to upgrade

Looks like a network card or similar not graphics (the motherboard has a built in VGA header afterall)

Not that guy, but those R2 Silent Series vibrate for me at 100%, I usually keep them closer to 80%. Also, they don't pull shit for air through those dust filters (even at 100%), you need the Venturi series for that (High static pressure), downside is they don't come in white.