Why does anyone with a 3 year old Android phone need a new one?

Why does anyone with a 3 year old Android phone need a new one?

I dare any of you to convince me otherwise

That's how I felt With my g2 but then the software update cucked it. I have g5 now

Why does anyone needs to buy new technology? Probably because its a little faster, has some new features, looks better, its smoother, etc

Im an Android developer and fucking hate KitKat

Battery and memory.
My Moto G now barely lasts half a day and apps usually crash because fuck you, no matter if you changed roms/factory reset.

Virtual reality. Falling behind in android updates and getting cucked out of Nougat.
Not having the latest hardware, screen, and other shit.
If you don't have a contract that allows for a cheap upgrade to new models you need to git gud

Maybe because they're not a poorfag like you?

I would say the one drawback for Android with me is how updates can fuck over the phone. After being really happy with my Note 4 only for its battery life and performance to be destroyed by the lollipop update I gave the iphone a try with the 6s plus. Unlike my android phones, the iphones battery and performance stayed consistent with updates.

Thing is I still like Android better, and plan to sell this fucking thing when the next line of Nexus phones launch.

For those wondering, I literally tried everything to uncuck whatever the fuck lollipop did to my Note 4 before selling it.

Starting to have the same issues, battery is fine for the most part on mine, I still don't have to worry about it dying on me, but Maps crashes 50% of the time, and trying to stream music when using map navigation is nearly impossible now.

Phone VR is meme shit and spherical video. Actually impressive VR that isn't a gimmick requires a high-end dedicated GPU from next year.

Yeah well guess what happens when ios 11 drops.
You're gonna be beyond cucked. Have you tried ios 9 on an older iphone/ipod touch? Runs like shit, it's literally the most unoptimized shit I've ever used, and you don't get small shit that should work on the phone regardless of model like the flux ripoff, which, mind you, is absolute bullshit that Apple ripped off, not even weeks after attacking the devs of flux for publishing it on their store.
>I've only tried 5 minutes of google cardboard, and want it for high end gaming instead of casual media
kek

Which update?
I had g2 for 2 years now, and apart from bad camera and the lack of SD slot I have nothing to complain about.

>Yeah well guess what happens when ios 11 drops.
>You're gonna be beyond cucked. Have you tried ios 9 on an older iphone/ipod touch? Runs like shit, it's literally the most unoptimized shit I've ever used.

You must be trolling, why would iOS11 slow down an iPhone 6s? It has an A9 chip and iOS is very lightweight. I agree that some old iPhones specially the 4 had slowdown issues with newer iOS version but that is mainly because they do have shit hardware. Any iPhone after the 5s has probably enough power to run any iOS updates 6 years from now, even my iPhone 5 was running still running smoothly on iOS 9. Apple definitely doesn't make devices slow on purpose, if you actually believe they do you should prove it.

Of course installing a new OS with more features on a older phone might make the phone a bit slower, but that is definitely not on purpose, that is natural obsolescence happening, and if even an 2012 iPhone runs 2016 software I'm fine with it.

>you don't get small shit that should work on the phone regardless of model like the flux ripoff, which, mind you, is absolute bullshit that Apple ripped off, not even weeks after attacking the devs of flux for publishing it on their store.
This is the reason I'll never buy Apple products. They hold back simple features like that and maintain an iron grip on their app store, preventing alternatives that work on the devices they don't want the feature to be on. They're not innovative, at least not anymore. Now they're just anticompetitive and riding off their brand because they know idiots don't know any better.

I only buy a new cellphone when it's broken, stolen or totally useless

Kitkat is the best, faggot. take material fisher prince designs and shove 'em up your ass.

dat dpi.

Who got to upgrade for the dpi increase Sup Forums.

I have a four year old Galaxy S3 running ICS, and it's pretty nice; don't let anyone tell you otherwise, OP.

>I have a four year old Galaxy S3 running ICS, and I make myself believe that it's pretty nice because Im too poor to afford anything else;

ftfy

Do you wear a microscopic eye glass?

Human eye can't tell the fucking difference on a phone screen unless you artificially zoom it. This dpi upgrade is the biggest meme since snakeoil.

No, seriously, the only thing that's lacking is the battery life. It plays all of my media, I can browse the web and check email, and that's pretty much all that it needs to do. Sorry that I didn't let Samsung and Apple and all those other companies stick a dildo up my ass and force me to buy their latest and greatest waste of money.