Beaten by Nvidia in the high end

>beaten by Nvidia in the high end
>suffer from poor driver optimisations and overhead in the lower end

Is any AMD product worth buying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lQzLU4HWw2U
reddit.com/r/AMD
youtube.com/watch?v=uxnFv8cnjZA
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/b02c74ea-e3d0-479f-9a11-0b0be0b732c7/match-details/e0f3e960-bda6-4c9d-a187-75e8e6afb508
forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=398858
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Idk man, my fx6350 has been going great for something slightly cheaper than an i3 3220.

Performs closer to the i5 for the games I play with my gtx960

>Is any AMD product worth buying?

No.

Buy whatever you need

Oh, and sage

Fuck off shill. Keep cherrypicking your benchmarks

Of course AMD drivers would be affected more by a higher CPU load. You're just proving OP right.

>gtx960
no shit, you twat

Didn't the 960 suffer from power issue too?

You stupid faggots still buying non k Haswell should pay attention to this.

Good fucking lord this again.
RX480 had an average beyond 75W. Even GT610 will spike beyond 75W, that's how electronics work. No other card in the last decade has had an average beyond specification.

Even the k haswell has some performance issues with the AMD.

Has me wondering, what if their drivers haven't actually improved, but rather we're just noticing improvements (like AMD cards aging better) because CPUs are getting better single thread performance.

youtube.com/watch?v=lQzLU4HWw2U

Everything is going great for amd till the vid hits 00:43.

AMD is so garbage these days

So we've to use a 480 on a 6700k?

The posts in this thread keep going up, but the unique IPs don't. Coincidence detected.

now that fried motherboards meme got nuked
paid shills brought back again cpu overhead on a irrelevant api

whats next? noise?

>irrelevant API
DX11 is still highly relevant. It's too bad AMD is pushing the botnet on everyone because they're too incompetent to write drivers

>suffer from poor driver optimizations and overhead in the lower end
stop samefagging and leave

That's not gonna fix the issue.

>API literally on the way out (moving to DX12 on Windows 10 and Vulkan elsewhere)
>"Relevant"
Huehue.png

Seriously thou, could you at least try not to be as obvious in your cherry picking? Crytek is about as infamous as any developer in how they hamstring their games to ruin performance on AMD hardware.

You fucking off to Sup Forums would fix the shitposting issue on this board

>high
>very high
>very very high
>very very very high

I love videocards measure

I'm not even op i was just lurking, you're the one that must gtfo to reddit.

just dont fucking stay here

If u can't handle the truth just go to a friendlier place.

get cancer sand stop samefagging

autism intensifies

summerfag out

you should thank nvidia for having dx12 as an exclusive to windows 10

ms had to implent OS level async emulation for them because the cpu couldnt handle it alone

The amdrone sure is mad.

Here, this place should be nicer to your kind:
reddit.com/r/AMD

>beaten by nvidia in the high end
did amd released vega or something and i didnt see it?
>suffer from poor driver optimisations
yeah sucks when the same happens on nvidia on dx12 eh

karma is a bitch

>did amd released vega or something and i didnt see it?

It's valid to say you're beaten on the high end if you can't even manage to release a product there.

>AMDrone
stop samefagging every thread hoping that you nvidiot counter-buzzword will catch on

that logic is so deeply flawed that i dont even know how many iq points i will loose just to answer this to you

Well, ok then.

GTX 1080 > Fury X

That's the current high end competition.

not in dx12

by that logic since 1070 barely beats 480 by 10% on dx12
it must been a flop right?

As i said i was lurking so i don't give a fuck what you think, i indeed actively participated on a similar thread 2 days ago and all the amdrones were trying to derail the thread "samefagging" , as you call it, about the 3.5 meme instead of discussing about the issue.

In that thread i was forced to post my specs as proof that i was an amd user cause all amdrones keep calling nvidiots to everyone that criticizes amd, I as an amd user want the issues fixed brand loyalty is counterproductive for the users, amd need to acknowledge and fix the issue so some pressure is needed from their users for that to happen.

And as i said if you can't stand the truth gtfo of Sup Forums.

can you provide a benchmark with such results?
afaik furyx doesn't perform better not even on ashes of singularity

if you cherry pick the preset and resolution yes obviously
but since its amd the more the resolution the better is goes
also i really doubt having 3000000 fps will help nvidia because they are the only case that fps doesnt count to what you see..
youtube.com/watch?v=uxnFv8cnjZA

The point is that in 95% of games there's no problem. Only poorly coded games (FO4, Crysis3) or the occational extremely CPU demanding game (GTAV, DX11 Total War) have any noticable trouble.

Head "Driver Overmeme" shill acts like this is a problem for all games using i3+AMD GPU

Hello sir Your post has been Flagged inappropriate and does not meet AMD community guidelines. please delete thank you.

If you're so poor that you have to resort to buying AMD parts, you probably shouldn't be wasting time playing games. That said, rock bottom budget pcs are where AMD is useful

how do you feel being gimped every year?

i guess thats why he is divorcing his wife must have cucked him so much he passed it on his cards

it's a problem for 95% of the dx11 games if you're using a weak processor.

Driver overhead affects all vendors the issue is that it's worse on amd cards.

stop samefagging you cuck

That sure looks bad for nvidia, but i was having similar problems on some games in the past with a 7950 and it was fixed later on with some patches/drivers.

who the fuck cares they were doing fine even with the overhead literally its just a stupid meme from people that thinks someone has an i3 driving a 390x or a furyx

FuryX 8.6 Tflops
1080 8.2 Tflops

FuryX can't compete even on aots.

AMD hardware with superior specs on almost everything (except tessellation) still perform slower than nvidia cards.

Amd can do better than this.

thats the problem with nvidia in general with async

they are emulating it thats why they are able to hit big fps while in reality you are deeply tied to have a better system for it on nvidia instead on amd..

if you see an i5 chart while async is on on pascal you will burn your eyes over 70% on every thread

Sup Forums needs to remove captchas cause bots are posting anyway.

>i guess thats why he is divorcing his wife must have cucked him so much he passed it on his cards

wtfamireading.pdn

You have the sentence structure of a typical AMD fanboy with chronic butthurt syndrome.

meanwhile on ashes bench site
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/b02c74ea-e3d0-479f-9a11-0b0be0b732c7/match-details/e0f3e960-bda6-4c9d-a187-75e8e6afb508

it was literally something that many people called him out for just being a dick and putting different results..
but i guess he doesnt really care..

You have the sentence structure of a nvidiot poo in loo shill from a indian call center.

it's the same retard who was posting photoshopped benchmarks and calling everyone who disagreed with him a paid shill.

AMD has the most rabid userbase i've ever seen. how do people become so retarded over consumerism?

it's the same retard who was posting photoshopped benchmarks and calling everyone who disagreed with him a paid shill.

Nvidia has the most rabid userbase i've ever seen. how do people become so retarded over consumerism?

You're a fucking moron. The facts are the opposite.

Let me write in all caps for you:

THE VAST MAJORITY OF GAMES SHOW NO SIGNIFICANT FRAMERATE DECREASE WHEN PARING AN i3 WITH A MIDRANGE AMD GPU.

>THE VAST MAJORITY OF GAMES SHOW NO SIGNIFICANT FRAMERATE DECREASE WHEN PARING AN i3 WITH A MIDRANGE AMD GPU.

you mean every game?

forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=398858

No evidence femboi

Four words: Open source BSD support.

What people forget when comparing across Intel chips is most i7's have double the L2 cache of i3's and Intel's current architecture is very sensitive to L2 cache amounts.

When reviewers get an i7 and start disabling cores to simulate i5 and i3 chips you don't get proper results due to this cache difference.

And? Pic says i3-4130 and i7-4790K. Keep grasping at straws Nvidia buttboy

You're a fucking moron let me write in all caps for you:

I CHANGED MY CPU CAUSE AFTER "UPGRADING" FROM GTX 660 TO AMD 7970 I WAS GETTING WORSE PERFORMANCE ON ALMOST ALL GAMES.

>beaten by Nvidia in the high end
Are we looking at the same chart? The 390 with a mild OC is better than the 970 with a mild OC if your CPU isn't a TI-83.

no it's not, AMD hasn't released its competitor to the 1080 yet.

It isn't 2012 anymore, idiot. Get it through your thick skull and look at some benchmarks instead of trying to use your feeble brain

>And?

And nothing - merely that there is more to cpus beyond core count and clockspeed. On the AMD front you tend to see closer to linear scaling going from a fx 4 core to fx 8 core at the same clocks as the 8 core is simply double the hardware - an i5 is not double the hardware (factoring in hyperthreading) of an i3 and an i7 is not double the hardware of an i5.

Without knowing more indepth information about the testbed (primarily any background tasks eating cpu cycles) you don't get a 1:1 test between Intel chips.

Take a look at the overhead test on 3d mark see the dx11 scores of both amd and nvidia and stfu.