Thank you base pcper you might biased as hell but at least you actually did it right this time

thank you base pcper you might biased as hell but at least you actually did it right this time

pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-RX-480-Power-Consumption-Concerns-Fixed-1671-Driver

Other urls found in this thread:

evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-MB-PB01-BR
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

well one meme down

>Still not standard compatible
How bad AMD can be?

draw less than 75 watts on pcie

>still not standar compartible

being this into damage control

Do you know the specs for PCIe?
5.5 amps from 12v and 3 amps from 3.3v
P=U*I
gives you 66 watts MAX from 12v (the card is drawing 70) and 9.9 from 3.3V (the card is drawing 5)
Also 90 watts from 6pin power when the maximum allowed is 75. Fried PSUs incomign

yet another paid shill that doesnt understand what combined means

also yeah dont try to be all technical and shit when you clearly lack any understanding
6 pin literally provides the same power as a 8pin

>Note: The official specification standard list this as "no connection"
Cheap PSU-s are going to die

every single psu actually gives power even no name north korean ones...
the 18 gauge cables are fine unless you are

It is not supposed to be connected on the card itself.

If it was connected on the card it self then the card could technically draw 150W because the 8pin PCIe connector is just three 12v pins, the fourth is a sense (see the image itself).
Most PSUs provide 12v on that pin because then you can have 6+2 connectors.

paid shills will have to find another flaw with 480
>bu but 480 is a lower number than 1060
>nvidia is green amd is red so nvidia wins
>nvidia has a higher price point so nvidia is better
>480 is just 1 fps ahead nvidia is better
>nvidia cards with stuttering are better than amd ones with fluid gameplay

It should also be noted that they are three identical wires that run to the same output from the PSU, which means that all things being equal each of the wires can safely pull 50W if it is a 6+2 connector which means your card could easily draw up to 100W over it without any issue.

Better 100W there than from the PCI-e slot.

they gonna start showing pictures of burned down 6 pins connectors

u guys no that gaming mobo has hirer pci power than normal rite?

Unless it actually has a supplemental connector or otherwise states its deliverable power you should only assume it can safely deliver sustained 75W, of which about 66W can be 12V.

idiot thats y its gaming mobo

>its a gaming mobo so it will deliver more than the specification!
Nope.

it can surely 'tolerate" more but thats it

LITERALLY

No. Literally do not put trust in that. If it does not specify that it is made to survive running out side specification then don't expect it to.
The expectation would be that the cards would draw more from the PCI-e power connectors rather than the slot when overclocking.

>wah it draws more than 75w through the connector that can do 150w+
>b-but it uses 4w more from the slot that's designed to handle spikes of 100w+

no one builts something without tolerance on it literally no one where those are 1% or 10% no one can knows for sure
its like the idiots that keep saying 6 pin cant give muh wattage... like a 18 gauge cable will reach its 140c melting point by 7 watts more

uh, you people talking about motherboards pcie rail and gaming and all that

are you aware that even the motherboards that include a extra 6pin on the board near the pcie rail to provide extra wattage isn't mean to power up GPUS thought the pcie rail itself but to prevent voltage drop?

Theres also this.
evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-MB-PB01-BR

I haven't tried this personally so I have no idea how it works exactly.

Still averages 6% over the spec ampage from PCIe slot after the "fix", it's also 20% over the spec for a 6 pin connector.

You should NEVER have more than a sustained 145 ish watts on a single 6 pin PCIe card that's averaging 165w so 14% over spec.

It says it still draws over 5.5A from the PCIe slot. It got better for sure, but I don't see how this is fixed.

>do you know the difference between a 6pin and a 8 pin?

Tolerances for peak draw, not sustained draw.

Of course, the wires aren't going to melt. I even mentioned earlier that three wires supply 150W so the two wires supplying power in a 6pin connector should be able to deliver sustained 100W at the very least though the spec is 75W.

I'm not going to buy a card from a company that nobody bothers optimizing for.

The difference between a 6pin and an 8pin is that a 6pin has two 12v lines.

Unless you are thinking of a 6+2pin, in which case there are three 12v lines and one of the 12v pins on the card's 6pin connector isn't connected.

It's fixed because any faggots who think 4w over spec does anything can enable 'i'm a faggot mode' in the drivers at which point you lose the 3.5% increase these new drivers give you.

16 games already on dx12
we expect 8 more till the end of the year

literally every single one of them with rotr being the black sheep is optimised for amd..

>nobody bothers to optimizing for.

PEG 12v current still out of spec. These sites are hypocritical for making an issue out of it then claiming it's fixed when still out of spec.

Benchmarks?

It STILL goes out of spec.

AMD are a bunch of incompetent morons.

seeobviously you skipped your "how to be a paid shill for dummies" lesson
ofc every single one of them are benchmarks

Nah, not going to trust them.
I'll consider it when they start pouring money on energy efficency and prevent heat.
Not gonna risk it.

>such a drone so as to defend a company that can't follow directions
>calling others faggots

Nothing I said was contrary to Apparently you are completely retarded, but that's fine. Just go be retarded somewhere else.

obviously you saying a 6 pins has 12v and the pictures showing 3 is the same

welcome to nvidialand

GTX 470
GTX 480
GTX 580
GTX 750 Ti
GTX 950
GTX 960
Titan Z
R9 295X2
Radeon Pro Duo
R9 290X Vapor-X

Just a list of 'some' of the cards that are out of PCIe or ATX spec.

Fucking faggot

>obviously you saying a 6 pins has 12v and the pictures showing 3 is the same
Specification is for two 12v lines on a 6pin. But you can't have a 6+2 connector with just two 12v lines which is why they always have three on such connectors.

However, by specification, the graphics card itself will not have the second pin connected to power on a 6pin connector. So even if the 6pin connector has three 12v lines only two of them actually feed the card.

specs is actualy for 3 to have an even load balancining.......