GPU autism?

So I want the RX 480, I am upgrading from the tastefully designed EVGA 750Ti. I want the minimalistic design of the reference 480, but not the 6-pin and its issues. I also do not want to riced out cards that the board manufactures are inevitably going to put out. Should I wait for the 1060 or ignore the memes and get the reference 480?

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/62059/asus-msi-gigabyte-powercolor-and-sapphire-custom-radeon-rx-480-pictured
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sapphire Nitro
/bread

Looks bretty guy t b h
I'm not very familiar with AMD cards but I feel like for the most part nvidias partners keep the rice to a minimum, especially compared to AMD.

>I want the minimalistic design of the reference 480

that kinda rules out the 1060 (in terms of design, not disputing performance)

The Rx480 6 pins are equivalent to 8 pins (3*12v pins / 3 gnd- no sensor pin). The pci peg connector power load has been fixed. BUT the cooler for the ref design still undeniably sucks.

So, if you plan to run only stock I don't see any other options. The only card I've seen so far that fits into the minimalist design concept is the Sapphire Nitro Rx480.

EVGA is the only one I know of that isnt ricey.

Sapphire and XFX are AMD's EVGAs. They make cards that run good and arent ricey.

i always felt it was the opposite. saphire and xfx always put out mature, good looking cards.

>I feel like for the most part nvidias partners keep the rice to a minimum

they both suck by the exact same amount. The card shrouds are exactly the same usually (e.g. MSI gaming x, Gigabyte g1, Asus strix; only difference I can think of right now would evga for nvidia and sapphire for amd - which are exclusives)

>caring about GPU design

You're a fucking idiot.

Do XFX and Sapphire have good warranty?
One thing I love about msi is they dont give a shit if your card is second hand. But their new cooler design this gen is retarded.

i avoid msi and asus cards because they're always so ugly

pic related. i don't want to be a mountain dewer.

forgot about xfx, but that's a shitty brand anyway.

My computer is components mounted on a wall.

>I want the minimalistic design of the reference 480
I'm sure you'll be able to find comfort when you get overheating and worse performance in knowing there's a good looking cooler hidden away behind a sheet of metal in a box on the floor.

>XFX
>Shitty
In what universe

why

Quite the opposite.

in the universe of sapphire.

I have a large mining facility, mainly Bitcoin mining but I also have a couple hundred GPUs for niche mining and now Ethereum. XFX has always had the least problems and least amount of DOAs in my experience.

Sapphire being good doesn't make XFX bad. XFX is great.

post photo of the farm

videocardz.com/62059/asus-msi-gigabyte-powercolor-and-sapphire-custom-radeon-rx-480-pictured

All of the 480's AIB leaks compiled in one post.

powercooler looks ugly, like always

gigabyte looks okay, usually their cards are butt ugly but this one is decent

msi looks like gaudy gamer memeware, like always

sapphire looks pretty good

asus looks mediocre like always

xfx looks good but not as good as they usually are

xfx > asus, asus is the shittiest brand

I agree with all.
Except that powercolor always strikes me with the impression od powerful. Kinda those cars that look fugly and gaudy but 'look like' they could go fast as hell. And granted, They have the most overengineered cooler of that lot.

true. it's like one of those beat up old cars that pulls up to the race but it had some massive engine stuffed in it so it's retardedly fast.

and both the sapphire and xfx cards gonna have detachable fans.

OTOH they also seem to have the smallest heatsinks.