Small Questions Thread

/sqt/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitchvods.com/download/]
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157279
howtogeek.com/176471/how-to-share-files-between-windows-and-linux/
sourceforge.net/projects/processhacker/
techfleece.com/2015/12/23/download-official-isos-of-windows-7-windows-8-1-or-windows-10-legally-and-for-free/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looking to buy a tablet to read books and manga on, also the occasional web browsing. Got my eyes on Lenovo Tab3 A7-10. It's got a 7" screen with resolution of 1024x600. Would this be sufficient to not put strain on my eyes? Anyone with this tablet reccommend it?

Reposting since it didn't get responses the first time:

I was downloading some Twitch VOD [twitchvods.com/download/] and as usual, after it finishes downloading the video isn't playable for a bit, but if I wait some time and let ffmpeg do its thing, the video will be ready after some minutes (at which point the process is finished, ffmpeg closes and the video is ready).
I started another download after this one, from the same channel, and it worked perfectly as usual, so I don't think it's a problem with any of my software.

It's been many hours and the ffmpeg process is still open, and the video is still unavailable.
I can't redownload it because the video has been removed from the page, and I really need it (it was a guy producing a song in Ableton and he explained a technique I really need to learn).

Is there something I can do?

PS. I'm on Windows 7 BTW.

What is better at cooling? A Zalman 7000 (pic related) or a stock amd cooler from a Kuma era chip? (stock amd's coolers were beefier before). I have both kicking around.

It will replace the tiny stock cooler on a AMD A8-7600 chip.

i haven't pirated a game made post 2010 in forever. instructions said to unrar and mount, but i don't see anything that i can mount? only success i've had was to move everything in the root folder into the launcher folder and then using launcher.exe works but then the game never does so i assumed i'd need to launch Zero Escape.exe after i get the launcher to run, but then i get an error saying the program can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing and i'm p. sure it's not because i installed microsoft visual c++ redistributable and open al already.

Probably the zalman, looks like it has better surface area.

Calculate it.

where can i buy electronics components (ic, etc) for cheap? digikey forces you to buy a million at a time

Reposting

asking again:
why would one want to use something like MPD for music? as far as i can tell, it's only useful if you want to have multiple people connected to one stream
so what if i don't care about that? why stream to just myself? it seems like it would be a much better solution to just use a regular application that plays the music...

Have you tried checking the comments (if available) on the page you downloaded it from?
When I have problems of this kind, the solution is usually posted there.

Unless it's a problem only I have, in which case I delete the files and go cry myself to sleep.

are the zotac gtx 560 ti cards any good? a guy on craigslist is selling 2 for $50 bucks and im a poorfag and only play csgo on ultra low settings so i think thisll be fine for me

newark

yeah, i have been. a lot of people seem to have had problems that seemed similar and i've been going through all their solutions and nothing has been working yet. all i've gotten so far was to get the launcher running and that's it.

Why is it Small instead of Stupid now?
Has Sup Forums been invaded by the sensitive politically-correct police?

Sorry then. I'm not competent enough to help you. Good luck user.

Its decent, $50 for two is pretty cheap

Probably someone who gets off on people complaining about it
Just make the thread correctly first next time

thanks

thanks senpai
>tfw their only z80 is either 8mhz or 10mhz
i guess it's ebay for that part then

Yeah i believe so too that the Zalman would be better or at least the same but quieter.

To the person asking about Nvidia Geforce numbering:
here is how the base numbers work from worst to best:

X50, X60, X70, X80

so the cards ending in 80 are usually the highest end. Sometimes Nvidia adds a suffix of "ti" to some cards which is basically the same version of the card but with a shit ton of more performance.

So looking at the 9XX series we have the 980ti which is better than the 980.
Then, nvidia usually releases a titan card as well that is on par with the X80ti.

Would it hurt to spray-paint this fucking thing black?
It's more ugly than I thought it would be.

I've decided to focus my career on a cyber forensics path, rather than general IT. Ultimately I'd like to work for the gubmint or local police stations and handle their technology/seek out info

I've got an IT internship lined up, have my associate's, and am A+ certified. I was thinking Security+ but are there more solid, specialized certs to look out for? How do I weasel my way into the government?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157279
This is my current MOBO. It lacks enough connections to use both of my front USBs, it lacks enough connections to power more than maybe 3 case fans. It's shit.

Should I just get a new board or upgrade my CPU while I'm at it?

Spray paint would insulate the fins and get inside the bearing

>hack some big company
>get caught
>take the offer when they say they'll hire you instead of pressing charges

I meant only the fan.
fug
Who thought that color scheme was a good idea?

if your case doesn't have a window it literally doesn't matter.

who cares? It's going inside your PC.

It has 6 USB 2.0 headers, that should be plenty
If your case uses USB 3.0 you can get an adapter and use the ports in 2.0 mode or get a USB 3.0 PCI card

You can use a fan header splitter to power 2 fans off each header

Are there hardware OTP token with a code display for personal use, like the battle.net authenticator? I'd want to use if for signing in to services like Google or Amazon.
I don't want to use a smartphone app that makes me dependent on its battery or a USB key (Yumikey) that doesn't work with mobile phones/tablets.

i put msvcr120.dll in the folder now just to make sure and this is my new error and idk what to do or what to try now.

>if your case doesn't have a window it literally doesn't matter.

Ubuntu -> Windows file sharing with Samba

I'm following this guide:
howtogeek.com/176471/how-to-share-files-between-windows-and-linux/

I'm at the point where I make a shortcut on Windows

\\192.168.1.122\Share

but I'm told it cannot be found.

It doesn't have enough 3.0

But I'm looking to upgrade my PC piece by piece over the next year. I'm just not sure where to start when it comes to a new CPU / Mobo combination, I haven't kept up at all. Here's my current build.

Faggot.

Not him, but I agree with you to some extent.
My case doesn't have a side window, but if I chose to use Noctuas for my intake fans you would be able to seem them through the ventilated front cover.
If they were a little bit darker of a brown then it probably wouldn't matter, but they're light enough to clash with the black case.

Using the Noctuas for rear exhaust or the CPU heatsink wouldn't matter at all, of course.

First time building a pc got everything planned besides the sound. I probably want speakers headphones seem uncomfortable. I only ever used laptops so idk jack shit about them. What are subwoofers amplifiers bookshelf speakers etc. Should I just get a pair of Logitech Z506 or listen to leddit and get Micca MB42X and an amplifier whatever the fuck that is.

what are these cheap heatsinks made of?

can they be drilled through easily?

the best FOSS option to sync my ipod nano 5gen with my PC is_____________

doesnt have to be FOSS necessarily.

Copper and aluminum, both are relatively soft metals.

Copper probably.

Just don't drill through the heat pipes

Will Zen finally give Intel some much needed competition?

How do I get my task manager to show the whole top bar with submenus and the minimize/maximize/close buttons again? Don't even know how it got like this

Quick question. I'm building a Linux From Scratch system and I need to know if there's any way I can get grub2 to boot a raw image/loop file. Google hasn't been any help and just running it in qemu isn't nearly as fun.

Definitely maybe.

>never obsolete
Funny everytime

Get process hacker instead
sourceforge.net/projects/processhacker/

You'd easily get through with a steel drill bit
might want to be careful not to warp it or mess up the flush surface with debris

I run some heavy simulations which create and then read ~5 GB files each time. Some days I may write and delete up to 60 GB.

My HDD is slow as shit and the computer takes ages to access those files. So I was thinking about buying a 850 Pro.

Will I destroy it or are SSD nowadays capable of handling that kind of load without dying in less than 5 years?

I've aware there are better alternatives to the default windows task manager, but for now I just wanna get the default fixed.

I always use '20GB/day equals 5 years of lifetime' as a rule of thumb. So with 60GB/day you'll probably get a lot less out of it.

Doubleclick the boarder between the aero boarder and the task manger.

thank you user

I'll try this now in a bit

bumping my problem because this is making me so mad because i spent two days trying to fix it on my own before even asking here and everything i've been trying has still been leading nowhere.

Buy the game dipshit. This has nothing to do with technology.

My microphone is spamming static noise at random intervals on skype, and only one skype. I use other speech programmes for my non-irl friends and it doesn't ever happen there. Its random except when I join a call, where it instantly spams for about a second.

Its also a shitty £5 mic I got from amazon.

How does this look? Lenovo says that the battery is 52.5 WHrs.

>up to 5 hours
why are they advertising that

How can I get into my neighbors wifi?

Ask them for the password

They said no.. but giving up isn't going to be an option.
I'm making it my mission to get inside

I doubt you can break WPA2-PSK.
If the nsa cant, you cant

>the nsa can't
HE REALLY BELIEVES THAT

I have some important data that I want to keep hidden.
And since encryption is placebo, what do I do?
Are MicroSD cards a good solution?

>encryption placebo
kek

Is it a good idea to buy a used television?

Alright, Sup Forums.

My server is currently frozen, as it's prone to be from time to time. What I know is that there will be no logs that can explain why, because I've checked many times only to find gaps where the log was supposed to be. I've tested the drives, RAM, replaced the PSU, and only the motherboard and/or CPU remain as a possible hardware culprit.

I have IPMI access though.

How do I debug this shit?

encrypt, put on micro sd, hide somewhere that is not in your home or work place

where can I find legitimate iso's of win7? Tried one of the iso's from TPB that had the most seeders but the md5 didn't match the one I found on microsofts website...

Pic
I was thinking inside the phone.
Also how long SD cards last?
And is there a way to prove that SD cards were inserted to certain device?

techfleece.com/2015/12/23/download-official-isos-of-windows-7-windows-8-1-or-windows-10-legally-and-for-free/

What do you doing that you have to hide from the Big 3 Letters?

Protecting your personal data, from random fags, isnt placebo. What is you social security number, your banking username and password.
You surely have nothing to hide!!!!!!

>Tried one of the iso's from TPB that had the most seeders but the md5 didn't match the one I found on microsofts website
>that had the most seeders

Do it again but pick one that's the same size as the Microsoft site says it must be dumbass. I did it like a week ago and it had like 4 seeders; it's there.

Why would I ask if It's not something I have to hide?
Basically it's incriminating data, for certain religious leaders.

>have to hide
>refuses encryption
K.

>refuses encryption
I'm not refusing, of course I'll use it.
I think I will rephrase, how do I had encrypted data, and erase any digital trail/ fingerprints to track me with?

Well, consider this.

You have a device.

This device can communicate with other devices.

Now you're fucked.

If a video decoder is "BD-Live" compliant, does that mean it's capable of playing original bluray streams at full speed?

Find someone you dont know, who is willing to burn an iso to a usb drive that he buys with cash from a store 2 states away. He will make a dead drop in a city in 3 states away. Steal a laptop and go to a mcdonalds 4 states away, and boot up a distro you have created from scratch, and various programs you need, that you created from scratch.
Encrypt your sd card. Throw the laptop in the sewers in a city 5 states away.
Hire a wetback at the local home depot. Give them cash to guy some guerilla clue.
Hire the wetback and take him to a local construction site that has already layed foundation, murder him with a plastic bag, and bury his body. Make sure to burn the plastic bag.
Now dig up a wall/floor in your house/apartment put the sd card in a tiny titanium case, slightly larget then its self.
Put a glob of glue covering it back and front, let it sit, repeat till it is a thich block of resin. Now put this in your wall/floor, not behind it, but inside of it.Now cover it back up, make sure to repaint in the case of a wall and reseal the floor.

Make sure you burn any gloves you are using.

And in reality.
You are already comprimised, because you're asking on Sup Forums, and your post is going to be archived. Mook is datamining Sup Forums(like he did with 2ch).

So you're already fucked :^)

So Sup Forums, I installed a new cooler into my computer and ran into a issue to where the computer wouldn't power on. Troubleshooted to find that taking out the GPU would let the computer start. I cleaned it off and placed it back into the computer. Now, the GPU is shutting off under load. When I tried to run FurMark, the computer almost instantly shut off. I don't think it's a motherboard or PSU issue, because I ran some Prime95 stress tests. Should I try and see if it's a driver issue? It's a ASUS GTX-760-DC2. It's around 1-2 years old.

posted from ded thread

I'll prolly win the idiot award of the day but oh well ...

How do I transfer PARTS of my iTunes library from Windows to Mac while keeping the ratings? Extra points, how do I do it and convert the files to 192kbs (basically the way you do it from pc to phone)

Sounds too complicated for Apple users. Apple wouldn't allow it.

Please learn how to take a screenshot and try again.
>almost instantly
Which is it?

Have you tried using a different pci lane?
Have you checked your throttling settings in your control panel?

holy shit I thought apple was the pinnacle of simplicity.

I don't understand, can't you just plug your phone into your computer and drag out the mp3 files?

kek, not even close

why not?
I've never really used an iphone but my understanding was that it was all about 'simplicity' and being 'intuitive'.

>Find someone you dont know, who is willing to burn an iso to a usb drive that he buys with cash from a store 2 states away. He will make a dead drop in a city in 3 states away. Steal a laptop and go to a mcdonalds 4 states away, and boot up a distro you have created from scratch, and various programs you need, that you created from scratch.
All achievable, except for the laptop.
Is a used laptop fine?
Also shouldn't I make the wetback dig the whole in my house first?
And I can't afford titanium, would tungsten do?
>mook
Not worried about him.

How do I fix the "Unable to find item" message that I get when I click on the downloaded files message? It takes me to the Gallery, but it doesn't actually open the image I just downloaded.

Using a Galaxy S6.

Opinions about the GIGABYTE Z170 MX-GAMING 5 ?
Looking at mobos right now, this seems to have all the features I would like at a decent price.

It's less about simplicity, since the simple solution would be to transfer the entire thing, and I think that works with migration assistant ... but I need a more precise solution, since transferring 30k tracks seems like an overkill.

Check the size of your cooler
Make sure it fits the northbridge and ram properly

Do you happen to know someone at the level of Warren Jeffs or something?

Where can I find rare pictures of moot?
Not the nudes, I already have them thank you.

Is there a way to change the address bar color in chrome/chromium/iridium/inox?

which sounds better?

a.) >wasting money on a mechanical memeboard
b.) >wasting money on a memechanical keyboard

Depends which aspect is autistic to you, the keyboard or the mechanical nature of it

not in chrome.
You can in firefox with custom css though.