Case or CPU

I'm torn between the decision of a new case, the CM storm Stryker or a new CPU an AMD FX 9590. Please help my indecisive brain make a decision.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811119260
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113347
techpowerup.com/forums/threads/ga-990fxa-ud3-vrms-fried-on-extra-rig.210764/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1N83UT3551&cm_re=msi_990_fx-_-13-130-859-_-Product
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CM Storm Stryker: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811119260

AMD FX 9590: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113347

Buy neither.

funny.. It's one or the other..

Don't buy the CPU. AMD is due to drop a new processor soon that will outclass all AMD's current desktop offerings.

The thing about that is, I have enough money for one of these two, not another 200 for a high end motherboard like my not even 2 month old MSI 990FXA gaming one..

So, I wouldn't be able to get that said processor any way

So either you buy a case that you don't need, or an outdated processor you're going to slap onto a shit board

atleast said motherboard says that it supports this processor

techpowerup.com/forums/threads/ga-990fxa-ud3-vrms-fried-on-extra-rig.210764/
Fry your motherboard and you don't have to worry about anything anymore.

That's what they always say.

And currently I have a shit cyberpower case that came with the shit prebuilt I got ripped off for

>techpowerup.com/forums/threads/ga-990fxa-ud3-vrms-fried-on-extra-rig.210764/

The thing about that is.. I don't stress test my hardware.. If there is a chance that what I'm doing will hurt my system I don't do it..

>gaming case
that case looks like total shit op. if you're going for a case at that price range get choose something Phanteks or NZXT
Pic related (My Phanteks Evolv Atx)

Also, his motherboard was gigabyte... this is mine

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1N83UT3551&cm_re=msi_990_fx-_-13-130-859-_-Product

clearly says that the recent bios update now supports those power hungry cpu's.

Fuck clover. I'll leave you Sup Forumsents to rotate that shit

If you don't want to risk hurting your system, then don't buy that processor.

wow, from that angle of the pic on my thread.. it does look like shit.. sorry about that. anyway, it has a carrying handle. that is amazing

Give me more reasons why I shouldn't.

Also, Is that an H100i GTX?

Never mind, buy that processor.

I forgot. Current specs.

CPU: AMD FX [email protected] Ghz

MOBO: MSI 990FXA gaming

RAM: 4x Mushkin enhanced 8Gb@1600

Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX

GPU: EVGA GTX 960 FTW 4Gb

I just wanted some legitimate reasons. I'm not shooting you down saying I'm going to buy it anyways, I just want reasons to consider not buying it other than the fact that it is stupidly power hungry.

Just google your motherboard + fx9590 + freezing.
Holy shit I'm so nice. I did your research for you when you're too lazy to do so. I even told you what to google.

Let's see

>Case

- Will last untill you hammer or hit it with a brick.
- Front panel can get fucked but can be fixed or repaired (boot and reset buttons considered as most important, but also some mobos even come with those functions).
- Last as long as the ATX form factor is used, but that also apply to mATX and.
- Same as above but with 5,25"/3,5"/2,5" drive bays.

>CPU

- Not the top in performance today and probably not the most cost/efficient either
- AMD already said AM3+ is dead as Zen is AM4 and not compatible with older processors.
- Even if the socket end up compatible the memory controller won't if AM4 mobos are DDR4, then you're fucked.

Make your choice OP.

An i3 is better than a 9590. AMD CPUs are trash unless you're on a budget and are using heavily multi-threaded applications all of the time.

It must such being this poor.
Either way, buy neither, get a 6600K.

9590 is a fucking meme get the 8320 you dip

I have the black version of this case, it's pretty nice to work inside and it looks cool imo.
Your mobo will be outdated in a few years, the case will not be.

Even the 8320 is not an upgrade over an overclocked 6100 since games don't use that much cores. I'm going to assume that OP is using it for gaming.

case it is.. Thank you guys.. I appreciate it.

And yes.. I use it for gaming.

the case sucks and AMD is coming out with a proper zen.
If I had a Gun to my head, I would by a 400-500$ laptop and wait it out for 3-6 months.

For example go on ebay and find the case every one is buying right now, 6+ cooling fans, full size, cheep and best of all it comes without a power supply.

Wtf op, just get both. Are you poor? Do you live in some third world country?

Why do people even consider buying amd when Intel clearly has better IPC

Spot the iUser

A 9590 is just an overclocked 83x0 with a full retard stock voltage. 1.5V+ is insane, which makes it a power hog and an housefire. Not only that, but your motherboard can't handle it properly.
If you really need to upgrade, you're better off just grabbing an 83x0 and oc it yourself. Most can handle 4.5-4.7Ghz at ~1.45v fine.

Don't get a 9000 series CPU, it's a crazy housefire. I've got a 6350

Dunno about the case.

Keep what you've got for now

False, go fuck yourself. All current/upcoming games are multithreaded

Buy the case, at least it can be used for a future build when you save enough for newer hardware.

Also if you want something cheap with great build construction that has good amount of airflow and will allow you to add more to your system as the time goes on, go with nzxt instead of CM.

Go for speed, you can always add more fans and a fan controller for you case. Get the processor

Save your money for a Zen system when they become available

>multithreaded
Dream on. i3-6100 is beating low end skylake quad-cores because of pure IPC/Ghz per core.

I wouldn't suggest that CPU. Too much heat, too much power draw.

Get a 8370, a 212 Evo+ and two good Cougar fans and OC to 4.7ghz~ on air at stock volts.

That's about as good as you can do for 200 or so.