Desktop pc

why do you Sup Forumsuys build killer rigs when you don't even play video games? you can use a pentium4 to watch anime and compile hello world with gcc

they think it makes their hello world compile faster

I use a Thinkpad T400 with Kubuntu. Works just fine for shitposting.

But it takes the better part of a day to compile glibc on a Pentium 4.

It's an illness. I last played a PC game 6 months ago but I still want a GTX 1070.

>i'm smarter than a programmer, i'm just too lazy ha

because solidworks

>I'm not dumb, I'm just lazy.

Silly gamer kiddie, there's more to computers than playing videa gamez.
Go back to Sup Forums

Dumb frogposter, go back to your shitty daycare board

You use a chinkpad with linux for preschoolers.

I wanna build a Medium Killer rig so I can finally play all These games i bought when I didnt know nuffin about how shit my Hardware is. but it costs 600€ and im a poorfag

>you can use a pentium4 to watch anime

Yes & no. If you restrict yourself to moderate encodes @720p on a 1080 monitor, a solid P4 @3.2 GHz will do (most) everything you need. I got along great on one of those until just this Spring, still WinXP. Now it's a torrentbox & fileserver in the closet. And it is very good for that.

But over the last couple years I really enjoy a 27" 2560x1440 monitor as my main in a 3x monitor setup. Running dense bitrate encodes in native 1080p is beyond a P4.

I collected a bunch of donated parts & put a Phenom II 965 together w/ Win7 and took the free Win10 upgrade. It's now triple boot with SuSE, Win7 & Win10. 16 GB DDR3 1600, a GTX 650 GPU and a pair of SSds for the operating systems/light games and 2x 2 TB HDDs for storage, all for ~$150.

For anime and movies in bluray quality, it's about the minimum buy-in.

Even better news for me is that the mobo is a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3. I'm rich enough now to buy an 8350 or an 8370 when I see one for ~$100, which will happen before the of September. And I'm looking at refurbished GTX 960s w/ 4 GB RAM for about the same.

A complete mega monster gaymeme rig? Of course not. But, that's a lot of computing power, very cheap, and will handle any moderate game I have interest in.

Overpowered for anime? Of course. But, it will crunch 4k video encodes very smoothly. It will encode 4K video while I multitask the system, even better since I can rent those where I live, cheap. Even free at my university.

For me, the thing is virtualization. I can run a solid linux box with a window of Windows passing directly through to it's own video card and have access to every software I can imagine, and it will all run. Smoothly.

There's a whole lot to be said for that level of productivity, and entertainment. If I could afford more power, I'd do it. I agree somewhat with your point. No sense in dumping $2K on a rig, but a P4 is obsolete.

>4k crunching anime meme rig
>-^-------^------------^--------^------^--
>dats alot of memes bruh

Having a silent battlestation is actually nice.

Basically how I was until I started asking around and understanding how my hardware works and what I'll need for it

Because a good build with a good GPU will crunch through word lists for bruteforcing a lot faster

Because I play videogames.

having a PC that doesn't sound like a fucking Mig-22 turbine spooling up is very nice.

So much so I'm willing to spend 600-700 USD

Lawl no there isn't

>because solidworks

> Ma freedums for why u no freecad?

> Battlestation
> Being this autistic

Because I'm getting older, depressed and things that I used to find interesting are becoming less so.

i'd use freecad if i could, but it's far too basic
it doesn't yet fully support assemblies

>Mig-22

I want to stab you

Unless you're an engineer, or designing and developing shit FOR vidjagaymz, there isn't. You work WITH computers, so much like the Puerto Rican mechanic that blows his life savings on exorbitantly-priced car parts for his own (useless) "whip", you feel compelled to "trick out your own" ride, so as to justify a false sense of superiority amongst your equally sad peers.

Tl;Dr, just admit you play games, you "MUH PC MASTERRACE" bleating faggot. Everyone here does. It's bizarre that you obese neckbeards are even competing in your estranged "I go outside more than u lol" Olympics.

Because I need something to fill the gaping black void in my life.

>mig-22

Why? why not.

There is literally zero reason to use a shit PC.