ITS HALVENING PRE HYPE THREAD

ITS FINALLY HALVENING.

In less than two hours the mining reward of Bitcoins will become half, effectively reducing the supply and shooting the price up.

Use this thread as a pre hype. Discuss Bitcoins. And prepare for the halving!!!

thehalvening.com

>check the year
>it's 2016
>buttcoin
>being relevant

Meme

So I should buy one now?

> Tfw already made 10k off of "buttcoin"

You're just jelly dude

>ECurrency faggots literally cheering 100% inflation

What the actual fuck?

All bitcoin discussion belongs on

The real price of a Bitcoin is $5000 dollars mate :^)

Kek this

>lets make it much harder to mine and transport gold, that will make our Gold Standard much stronger

Said no economist ever.

Buy before or after halving?

Never.

If you own bitcoin now is a good time to sell
Since the hype is what is going to drive the price up and when the price doesn't shoot up after the halvening, the price will shoot down

Wouldn't matter. The price will go up little bit by little but. It's not going to be a instant hike

This.

It's not going to go up. No one will continue mining except for a few autists with mining clusters, rendering the bitcoin worthless.

> No one will continue mining
> Except mining clusters

Make up your mind dude. There are literally companies in China that mine on huge server farms

Nice reading comprehension, idiot. Once only people with mining clusters are the only ones mining, what's going to happen with bitcoins? Are they only going to trade between them? For what? Bitcoin was a good idea, but will be completely worthless now that only a few people will be able to make a profit mining it.

You're an idiot. If the price hikes then the reward in USD will be the same as before.

Was no the whole point of bitcoin is that anyone could mine and have anonymous transactions? All the exchanges require passport/id/tax information now, what is the whole point of bitcoin now? Can't even mine for personal purchases.

>bitcoin
>anonymous
Bitcoin is the exact CONTRARY to anonymous. It's the whole fucking point.

Just stuck $10,000 in. Please don't let it be a meme, just this once.

Sell the second before halvening when the hype is maximum.

>already made 10k off of "buttcoin"
In what time span? 5 years? Totally worth it bro.

Nobody cares anymore. It's long past the time for the average person to get anything from this and frankly the entire value of bitcoin is from illicit trade and hitmen.

The benefit is it works like physical cash.

No way to retract a payment, so it's beneficial for a retailer or other business technically. However, the market just fluctuates way to much for anyone to want to hold onto it.

OMFG $750

>20K a year
That's like having a side job

Nevermind, disregard this. I read it as 100k not 10.

In what way is this not worth it?

20 dollar drop in minutes

Is it happening?

the order books say no

> I don't understand inflation
fixed*

>effectively reducing the supply

no, reducing the rate of inflation.

>what is the meaning of words