No GApps = No Pokemon?

Have any of you Sup Forumsets gotten Pokemon GO working on a phone without GApps? I can get it installed and get logged in with no trouble but it can't find my location.

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/10/googles-iron-grip-on-android-controlling-open-source-by-any-means-necessary/4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It uses Google Maps to get the location data.

You're fucked m8

Google Maps is not needed, you need to allow Google Play Store and Google Services Framework to fetch your location.

You can check the permissions of the Pokemon Go app, there's a permission to check if the device is active or some shit, it gets this from the Play Store.

i read a few articles about it and still have no idea what it's supposed to be

is it just a way for advertisers to send you targeted location data, or is there an actual game in the apk?

I'll try flashing my old S4 with a Google Play Edition ROM and just tether it to my Nexus 6 for data. I'll see how that works.

It's an actual game. You walk around looking for AR Pokémon

That won't work senpai. You need to have the Play Store installed.

that sounds like those e-monsters you could collect with the toy that scanned UPC codes

dumb. just give me pkmn red and safari zone city bug

Except you're not just going around scanning bar codes, you're going around and battling augmented reality pokémon

>be American
>go looking for Pokémons
>get run over by a car
>get shot

Anyone know a good app to fake location and movement?

>tin foil hat neck beard faggots get no pokemanz

Well it's more going around and catching Pokémon (without any battling) than going around and battling (because battles only happens in gyms).

An entire board for fucking pokemon and you fuckers still come here
fuck off
no im not butthurt there is no uk release

>be american
>be NEET
>decide to start playing Ingress as an excuse to ride my bike
>get bullied by the police day one

fuck going outside

You don't get to battle pokémon you encounter in the wild? How the fuck is that Pokémon?

black lives matter

just install the apk

hahahahahaha, fucking freetards.

Correct. You don't get to battle Pokémon you meet in the wild. It's basically a watered down casual Pokémon game.

The gym battles aren't even turn-based. You just tap the screen to make your Pokémon attack and dodge to the sides to dodge if you want to.

Honestly the whole black lives matter thing kind of upsets me because the real issue is the police in the US are just out of fucking control and have too much power.

It shouldn't be "black lives matter", it should be like "cop lives aren't nearly as important as citizens' rights; let them die idgaf"

Gapps are hardcored to Android, and Google forces developers to use Gapps. Gapp is how Google deals with the program with OEM not patching their phones.
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/10/googles-iron-grip-on-android-controlling-open-source-by-any-means-necessary/4

You going to need to VM/Emulate the apps with gapp running a sanbox, senpai. If you too lazy to do that, you going to buy a Iphone then.

absolute shit/10

Well at least I'm no longer upset I don't have any devices that support the game

>hating cops
You are one of the following:

-Leftist libtard
-Teenager
-Hippy drug-addict
-SJW

No self respecting well adjusted adult hates the police.

Okay, kid.

>hates the police
>calls me a kid
kek

in the states, the police are fucking dreadful.

You've obviously never dealt with an officer abusing his power. It's ass. Cops are ass. You're ass.

Edgy teen seeks shelter in his nerdy tech page! Watch out bois here come dat school shooter

just walk faggot

I don't hate the police or the idea of police, I just think as they are very scary as they are now, and need to have some checks in place.

They don't need tanks, no knock-raids shouldn't be a thing, they shouldn't get away with flagrant disregard and/or lack of knowledge of the law as much as they do. They shouldn't be tying to take away my high capacity baby-killing assalt clips.

Most people in the US are afraid of the police just deciding to fuck their shit up. the whole BLM thing is just because people in general are getting real fed up with their bullshit.