Getting Into Pc Gaming

Console is just too shitty for me in terms of gaming and I am just abandoning it I want better graphics modding and a bigger selection of games I have a pc picked out that seems pretty good and I wanted some opinions to cement my decision I've never built a pc and I'm not gunna have that be the way I start I have about 1k to spend and figured this could run most triple A titles on high considering pretty good cpu and gpu and ram what I wanna know is I'm mostly gunna use it for garrys mod and minecraft maybe ark would it be good enough for those and if so on what setting would I get at least 40> fps I really appreciate any help at all thank you bestbuy.com/site/asus-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-silver-and-red/5070700.p?id=bb5070700&skuId=5070700

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/wXmr6X
youtube.com/watch?v=6qNHJrh9f04&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>garry's mod
>minecraft

Just worried about picking something shitty and being stuck with it would it be a good start basically?

lmao.

locked i5 and a 970 gtx for $1,000.

just bend over for them.

if you're playing those godawful games, don't get this good of a pc. save it for the people playing real games. You can do fine with a 500 dollar computer.

looks good, go for it op.

Thank you just looking for some helpful responses I don't really know what I'm doing for the most part I don't think it has much room for upgrades but if it's possible I'd wanna pay someone to put in a better cpu at some point and add some more ram and things think it'd be possible?

look at the parts in the computer your trying to purchase and get them all on ebay for less than half. if something doesnt fit or you make a mistake, return it. thats how you learn desu

I would guess with a prebuilt you would have to sidestep to an i7 of the same generation. Wouldn't necessarily be better for gaming though. Most likely you'd need to switch motherboards. I'd be most concerned with the 970. While it's overkill for your needs you may find yourself playing more, and custom building this pc could cost less than $600

>calling out underage when you browse this cesspool for le memes and tech XD

I know I'm just scared about fucking up for now I think I'm gunna get it as an intro to pc gaming and learn to modify it and get some better parts in there money isn't much of a problem so I'll just get this I guess garrys mod doesn't seem to be a big stressor unless it's on high everything and you're doing a ton of shit and minecraft is nothing my big question is with ark survival evolved

i went through the same thing when i first built my computer. just remember a few things, your motherboard will have 3 things you need to know when getting parts, the processor socket type, the memory it takes (ddr1,ddr2,ddr3,ddr4), and the pci-e slot where the gpu goes. pci-e is backwards compatible so you can get a card thats older than the slot your mobo has. when you get a power supply make sure is just at the required wattage for your gpu, they totally lie about how much power you need. its just fucking legos once you know that,

>prebuilt
Go back to Sup Forums , kiddo.

This is b8 right

this, also if you use pcpartpicker it will warn you if your motherboard doesn't support your cpu or ram, it'll help you calculate your wattage, and so on. Obviously double check everything yourself but if it's your first build it's a nice safety net to help you catch stuff you might not understand yet, like the difference between DDR3 and DDR4 ram.

That GPU won't handle games very well.

You need an Nvidia Quadro and an Intel Xeon.

pcpartpicker.com/list/wXmr6X
it's so simple. if you want it cheaper downgrade the gpu.

Well I'm pretty set on it now I just wanna know what is the highest setting I'll be able to run garrys mod and ark on while staying at a consistent 30fps+

youtube.com/watch?v=6qNHJrh9f04&t=0s

Mid

Yeah I kinda figured mid for ark and turn off all the shadows and everything

What about say gta 5? Or highly modded skyrim

skyrim will hurt. gta shouldn't be too bad

>thinking 30fps is playable

I feel sorry for you that you're so clueless

All these games you want to play can be run on trash computers anyway. They're literally designed to be played by 10 year old kids using the worst PC imaginable and still work.

Anyway, that PC you linked will run those games at 60fps with high settings without even trying.
You'll be getting like 200fps in gmod for example maxed out

Seeing as you want to play trash games I'd recommend a much better CPU, as everything you listed is CPU heavy not that much GPU use.

But what you listed is more than enough for your absurdly low expectations

i still play games at 20fps and i still find it playable

30fps is a noticeable difference for me, 60fps is not

>60 fps is not a noticeable difference
>from 20
Either you're lying to us and yourself, or there is something wrong with you

This thread must be bait at this point... but I can't resist to just say to OP to please do more research and build your own pc for much cheaper. Also get a better taste in games.

The pc this user picked is great value OP you should look into it.

user I have a G11 that I bought to play my free Oculus on. it's just fine. I like it a lot - it's nice and plays games on max at 2560x1600 or 4K (depending on title). recommended.

Like going to night clubs, it's really immature but grownups can and kids don't. Sames goes for beer and driving license

>Prebuilt

Nice b8

gtx 1070
i5 6600k
8gb ram
any case
any lga1151 mobo
650w PSU evga, seasonic, etc...

>not building your own PC.

>upgrading a prebuilt
Just pay someone to build one now senpai, because it shows you've never dealt with prebuilts
You could even build one without a GPU for now, use iGPU until normal versions of the new series comes out, but if you only play minecraft and garry's mod, might as well buy a ~400$ thinkpad

Please don't get into pc gayming, there are better ways to waste your time.