How do you feel about contributing to e-waste?

How do you feel about contributing to e-waste?

That guy looks like he's probably having fun, so I guess I'm alright with it

It feels ok

i wanna give the ones that are still alive a new home ;-;

>Implying I've thrown any electronic device away

Damn, all those beautiful CRTs for my old games and Amiga retardation going to waste

same
i save all salvageable parts.
i think i have actually taken more items from e-waste bins than i have put in.

aw shit I've just spotted one of my old cases in that picture

I don't work at the city dump so it's no my problem, That's what i pay taxes for.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about Lanfill issues, Either bury it or burn it, I don't give a shit which.

That's the way to go, saves money. Saving RAM and other components of interest. I bet you could make some decent money selling this stuff, I'm hoarding Pentium 3's and 4's at the moment...

i gave my cousin who is a dirt poor country Mexican (who lives in Mexico) my old c2d computer. 2.8ghz, 8gb ram, 500gb hdd. and 20in crt monitor.
i still have another c2q with 4gb ram lying around. i have at least 6 160gb hdd's.
about 6 2gb ddr2 laptop ram.
and a mile of various cables.

It's fucked up to think that every single day there are less CRTs in the world than there where the day before.

Future generations won't know what it's like to play retro games on one.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BOARD

Ñó

I'm not rich enough to throw e-shit away.

It makes me wonder why no company is bothering with high end CRTs. A modern 4k CRT would be on the level of an oled screen with a fraction of the cost. Plenty of people would buy it if they advertise it with "100hz, 4k, 10-bit, no motion blur".

because a trailer full of crt's would only be about 100 monitors and would weigh 10s of thousands of pounds.

> turbo button
> AT power switch

tfw another 386 gets scrapped instead of coming to live with me ;_;

Still, there is a market for them, right? Just like there is a market for these 144hz 1440p IPS monitors which cost up to $1000.

>pounds
>not expressing weight in metric
please kill yourself

>2016
>still using meme units of measure
I think you are the one who needs to reconsider their life decisions

What is happening in OPs pic? Things are obviously being sorted are they just going to strip them for everything they can or are they left to die?

>0/10 bait, still made me reply
again, please rope yourself, stupid american

>red: has 2 rovers on mars
>other: doesn't have a rover on mars

kek, not that guy, but that's not an argument.

You appear to be in the wrong place. Let me help you and you can help us improve the quality of Sup Forums!

>>>/reddit/

I either keep things, sell, or trash them.

absolutely no relevance, but feel free to keep posting unrelated things and no logical reason for using imperial, other than "hurrr, it's what we've always been using", just like justifying "i'm muslim because i was born in a muslim country"

>hurr durr I hab 10 fingers so we shuld count to 10 for eveerything

Russia did better than you guys.

>a country using imperial units landed on the moon
>a country using the memetic system lost contact with multiple satellites before their mission even began
Yup, not relevant at all

Nah. i have 9 PCs and when they get old i add them to my supercomputer once i get a 80-90 computers i have an evil plan.

And NASA uses metric.

>Implying NASA uses the imperial system

I can't even remember the last time I threw electronics away.

I have a drawer full of broken laptops that I can salvage.

At least you could pick one number instead of having a completely unique ratio for any two units.

Oh, god, user. I throw away one of those when i was younger. Did I fuck up?

Nope I salvage most PCB's and then toss everything out to be recycled.
CRT screens I have a few that need fixing ( need to get around to that).
I literally gut keyboards and keep functioning switches and control circuits (I use these for keks with projects).

And everything else I just desolder everything see whats working what is not and toss all the materials I don't need into the recycling bin.

It's time consuming but it's a hobby.

my t410 will outlive every one in this thread

man, the borders in indochina are so pleasing

pretty good desu