BEST VALUE GPU RIGHT NOW

What is the best value / budget GPU right now ?

Is it still NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti ?

I don't need high-end, just for stuff like DayZ ?

Other urls found in this thread:

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-480/2187vs3634
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rx480/
amazon.com/gp/product/B0187DSKM6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
steamcommunity.com/app/223850/discussions/0/366298942110944664/
youtube.com/watch?v=vtry-A-t7Qk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>still
It was never.

Used R9 290(X).

>Is it still NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti ?

Where did the meme come from that the 750 Ti was a good perf/dollar card? It was literally never good value for money. Its selling point was entirely perf/watt and the unique performance profile it offered for a slot-powered card. In terms of actual raw performance versus price, it was always massively overpriced.

>he thinks video cards work without a computer

GTX 1070

OK so which of these will be more silent and won't produce too much heat?

for dayz you can just buy a rope, it's cheaper

Why would you buy that piece of shit when you can get an rx 480 for 200 bucks?

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-480/2187vs3634

>$200

when will this meme die? the only 480s in stock currently are all $350 or higher. that price gouge is even worse than the goyim edition gouging on 1070/1080 cards at this point.

>out of stock
>a meme

They routinely pop back into stock. If somebody wanted one, they could easily use nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rx480/
and figure it out.

as a eurofag I'm laughing at you americunts. It's always in store here in euroland, and only about 20 bucks more expensive than the MSRP thanks to taxes.

Aftermarket 1070 or 960 without overclocking, or integrated graphics with a fuckhuge fan. Enjoy!

But Yurop msrp is much higher than American msrp for the same gpu. . . I'm laughing at all of you because I won't have money for a gpu until they're all overstocked.

> American msrp

*tax not included

I don't know where are you from but I struggle to find a rx480 under 300 euros. The cheapest I found was 310.

To give you an idea of prices around here cheapest GTX 970 sits at around 350 euros. fml

I just bought a 480 on Amazon for 170 bucks on prime day, its in the mail right now. Keep shilling.

Wait for the Rx 470

where are you from? german prices are at 270 and stable

There's no 1070 or 1080 in that you shill

look before you talk, retard. 1070 is at 80% and 1080 is at 61%

Same shit in Portugal. I decided not to bother with this shithole's stores anymore and order from Germany. Btw the store I now order from has 480's for 280€ average

>tfw I managed to grab a couple of monitors that cost 300€ here for 220€ on hitlerland

No they fucking aren't.

Get a strix gtx 960

This. I love how my 960's fans turn off on idle and don't kick in unless it hits 60c. I'm not sure if you can control things like that in amds new wattman though but if anyone can confirm, that would be really cool

>"no they aren't"
HAHAHAHAHAHAH HOLY SHIT, YOU'RE FUCKING RETARDED.

>No they fucking aren't.

Then what's that seventh from the top? Face reality Nvidiot, nvidia completely shat the bed this generation. We're seeing the start of AMDomination

>Nvidiot is a literal retard

What a surprise

Don't you have a loo to poo in?

Oh wait, I forgot, rajeet go poo in the street instead :^)

>being this butthurt

That'll be you after you poo in the street.
My butt doesn't hurt because I have toilet paper next to my toilet :^)

480 or the 460 when it launches soon

Good to know. I was planing a trip to Germany this summer so might as well buy it from there if the prices won't go down. By that time the GTX1060 will be out as well, hopefully will not the GTX960 2.0.

What's wrong with the 960?

The difference in power consumption between it the 280 and the 380 made it the better choice. Gtx960 was a really nice card, except for the asus strix.

GT 530 4GB

No heat, no power usage

Just seen an Rx 480 at 230€ barely used on french ebay and like 260€ for brand new in online store.

Hey how would that do with Overwatch?

that dusty old box of graham crackers in the back of your kitchen cabinet can run overwatch

For me it has to be my r9 270x.

this is an estimation, but around 51fps with an average CPU

That's some high quality crackers right there.

How many years until 1080 level performance is available at 480 prices? High end graphic card prices are just ridiculous. It blows my mind that people not only pay that much, but pay even MORE for shitty reference designs because demand drove up the prices

Just for transparency, I used the techspot overwatch benchmark. In the Benchmark they used the i7-6700k and got 68 fps. I then went to the CPU section and found the 28.1623% Difference in performance between this and the i5-4690k. From there it is just math, .7531 * 68 = 51fps.

This is a flat out lie. Just bought one for $240 (which is MSRP for the 8gb model, which i bought)

3 years.

Piggybacking this thread. Is a XFX R9 390x for $290(after $30 mail in rebate) a good deal? It'll be my first graphics card and I just want to get 60fps on modern games on my standard sized, nonhuge 50/60Hz monitor and not have to upgrade for a while.

40 some months

If you want 1080p 60fps you are golden if you have a potent CPU like i5

What's the general consensus on the GTX 1060? Will it really be something better than the GTX 980 and R9 390/RX 480 for $250?

Probably similar to 480 but more expensive.

How are we supposed to know without any trusted benchmarks?

Right now is a bad time to upgrade. Wait a month or two and you will have a better answer.

>tfw people are saying this to me since computex
I'M TIRED OF WAITING.

There will be one or two 1060s under $300 dollars for sale, Nvidia has effectively priced themselves out of the mid-range market, unfortunately.

Pull the trigger you fag. No one's putting a gun to your head.

>pulling the trigger when there's no gun
what magic is this?

RX 480 with skylake i5 averages around 90 to 100 fps in overwatch

overclocked 950 can match 960 performance while being around 60 euro cheaper

>overclocked 950 can match 960 performance
PROOFS?

Yeah but then what's to stop you from overclocking the 960?

hard to beat the 980 ti which you can pick up for as low as 350-380 nowadays

and how does an overclocked 960 perform? both sides of the equation have to be balanced dude

The 7950 is the best used, simply because of overclocking. Mine matches a stock 970.

7970 can match a 970, 7950 trails behind a little bit. Probably overtakes it in dx12

Does that graph still have the 295x2 at its original MSRP? You could get a new one for under $700 new a year ago.

is this worth it?

amazon.com/gp/product/B0187DSKM6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

but i am from a 3rd world country so the shipping and taxing is overwhelming there is also a xfx r9 380x here in my city for about the same price

got an i5 4440, refuse for go any lower like a 960 and i dont have the money for a 970, help me here.

if the xfx 380x is cheaper, get it
gigabyte 380x is okay

a 7950 is NOWHERE hear a fucking 970!

My 970m benches nearly the exact same(graphics score) as my 7970 in firestrike! My 970m was 1% faster.

The delusion is real in this thread. Good Lord.

>What is the best value / budget GPU right now ?

??????

It is expensive as fuck in Europe, what are you talking about?
The cheapest 8GB card I can find is $320

That's what you get for Brexit.

Right now? The RX480, no contest. The RX470 might be a better option and the RX460 is going to be cute as fuck.

Brexit is irrelevant. Price gouging happens all the time with everything. It happened llong before Brexit and will happen long after it.

Has anyone noticed that the 480 is pretty much the highest demand card right now?

Shit started at $200 price point, but it keep selling out that the price is slowly inflating. It increased to $210.. then $220. Now the cheapest price for these cards is $240 and it's still sold out.

The 480 is the best price per performance in the US.

>benchmarks
>when game performance is now dependent on whether you're using DX11 or DX12/Vulkan now
that mobile 970 you got stuck in your ayy lmao laptop is going to suck in async enabled DX12/Vulkan games

The last price gauging before it happened with the anti-Russia sanctions.

Free trade lowers prices while nationalism increases prices.

Is the 480 a worth while upgrade from a 960 for 1920x1080? I wouldn't mind messing with Skyrim mods a bit more...

>is going to suck in async enabled DX12/Vulkan games

Which are for the present, irrelevant.

Skyrim is what, a DX11 game from a bunch of lazy developers that have lately stolen a mod and made it their own? You won't see much improvement.

Doom is an outliar bro. Nshitia is going to gimp all vulkan/dx12 games for amd from here on out. Gear of war is proof of this.

>async enabled DX12/Vulkan games

This doesn't affect anyone right now, no one is buying a 7970 because "maybe" its slightly better in some super specific scenario in the future "possibly' and only affecting that small fraction of games that come out that support it...

Get real.

My 970m in my ASUS (not alienware) laptop is equal to a GTX 960 which scores higher than a 7950 on that stupid "doom" test.

Try again...

just get a used 980ti you pleb

>This doesn't affect anyone right now

It affects everyone playing Doom. I'm sure it'll effect more and more games in the near future.

>It affects everyone playing Doom

ie, no one.

Point is, async compute isnt even required in the DX 12 API. The 10xx nvidia series has support for it so moving on it wont matter.

Yes, some radeon hardware will see some support increase but the titles will have to be DX 12 AND support Async compute. Right now thats one title isnt it?

Maxwell handles it fine enough that its not a big deal unless youve got a kepler card, in that case you should already be thinking about upgrading since that arch is a few years old now.

Then we have got this rage thread here that doesnt show AMD in the lead.

steamcommunity.com/app/223850/discussions/0/366298942110944664/

Its a 10% boost at best but its all these AMD shills have left to hold on to.

It's amazing how one thread can be hilarious and depressing at the same time.

>I don't need high-end
>just for stuff like DayZ
You fucking joking?

I need a card for max 200€, imo the GTX750ti looks fine, why the hate? I rarely play games and if i do i play games that arent demanding, energy consumption is good and for 150 i cant see why i should get anything else?

yea 30% off was nice.

You should ignore Nvidia stuff until Volta then perhaps give them another look.

i have a 960 ssc verison from evga...
any games post 2014, it cant play any fucking games on high settings with constant 60 fps.
I wish i would have spent extra dosh for a 970

Should've bought a 290. I think the 370 or 380 even bitch slap a 970 on games now mate. 970 is a memecard.

>extra dosh for a 390

ftfy

youtube.com/watch?v=vtry-A-t7Qk

I was never into AMD, how are their cards now?
give me straight facts, no memetalk

£200? Gtx 960 and amd 380 exist dude.

prices for the 480 start at 300 euros here

so pay more than 970 and get second best performance?

got it amdfanboy.

200€ not £, GTX960 is nice, but havent looked into the prices lately, since i dont have much time. RX probably wont fit into my shitty old case anyways. If the 750ti drops to ca 120, isnt it worth getting it?