/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Moto Z Force Droid Edition hands-on
gsmarena.com/verizon_moto_z_force_droid_edition-review-1463.php

>LeEco's mystery dual-camera phone spotted online again
gsmarena.com/leecos_mystery_dualcamera_phone_spotted_online_again-news-19450.php

>ZTE unveils Small Fresh 4 with 5.2-inch display, 13MP camera
gsmarena.com/zte_unveils_small_fresh_4_with_52inch_display_13mp_camera-news-19446.php

>Leak reveals $345 price tag for upcoming Meizu MX6
gsmarena.com/leak_reveals_345_price_tag_for_upcoming_meizu_mx6-news-19442.php

>LeEco Le Max 2 Gets a Price Cut: Sellers Selling The Phone As Low As $287. Cheapest SD820 Phone on the Market?
gizmochina.com/2016/07/16/leeco-le-max-2-suffers-price-cut-now-cheapest-snapdragon-820-phone/

>LG V10 successor reportedly arriving this September
gsmarena.com/lg_v10_successor_reportedly_arriving_this_september-news-19441.php

>Kyocera Hydro Shore is a waterproof smartphone that costs just $80
gsmarena.com/kyocera_hydro_shore_is_a_waterproof_smartphone_that_costs_just_80-news-19440.php

>$50 Smartphone Review: BLU R1 HD by Amazon
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ-op6g9CcE

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/power-banks/pp_187685.html
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BLOU7E2
xiaomidevice.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-4.html
honorbuy.com/731-redmi-3-pro-32gb-dark-gray.html
de.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-3-Pro-3G-RAM-32G-ROM-Metal-Body-4100-mAh-Snapdragon-616-Octa/342812_32641018014.html
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_schedules_july_27_event_redmi_note_4_and_a_laptop_likely_to_be_outed-news-19434.php
youtube.com/watch?v=7DSrgQThTLM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

s7 edge international master race here. how does it feel not getting 9+ hours SOT all you chink poor fags

If I want a phone that is what the galaxy s6 is, but with more storage and removable batteries, which one should I get? I'd like if it would be in the same price range as well.

anyone have any idea what other moot z attachments are in the works?

Used s7

arent you funny

>sd820

>6 out of 13 phones with better battery life than thee S7 are chinkshit
really make you think ...

Perfect good US Verizon Note 2 with Official CM13 nightly 7-16-2016 with unlimited data?

What can I possibly upgrade to that's actually a upgrade?
Got the moto x pur but returned it
LCD is shitty and no not I fiction led pissed me off

Who /OPO/ here?

Had this thing for a year and the battery life is still epic. 8 hours WiFi web briefing easily.

It really makes me think they are rigging these tests.

They should test the Oukitel K10000. 300H easy I bet.

and comes out slower because the need to drive 1440 x 2560 screen

Any good external battery recs for a Samsung S7? I'm draining mine way too fast lately

All of those phones have big and sometimes hueg batteries and efficient mid range SoC's coupled with smaller 720p screens

my zenfone 2 only boots up when it's plugged into to my pc or wall

once i unplug it, it'll run smoothly for a bit then shut off.

help anybody??

i flashed it twice already

gearbest.com/power-banks/pp_187685.html

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BLOU7E2

S7 only has the sd slot, I'd rather have removable battery than the slot.

>buying ASUS products

topkek, speaking from experience the RT-n56 router sucks ass too.

Is the z5 compact a memephone? I just want a good telephone that's smaller than 5inch

battery is still removeable, just learn to use a fucking screwdriver you pleb

sadly there is literally no custom rom support for any sony phones

Its sad because the hardware and size is amazing..

except the fucking glass backs, fuck glass and metal phones, plastic frame and glass screen all the way

What cheapo phone has the best camera. It might be a silly question since they're all probably kinda garbage. But I've had my low tier Lumia for a couple years and all I really do with it is take snapshots and use some basic programs occasionally. I'm just really sick of WP so I'm looking to get an Android replacement, don't really want to spend much though. I spotted an offer for a P8 Lite for 140 eurodollars, supposedly it's kinda sluggish though. I could go up to 200 or so

Darn last thread hits bump limit, ill ask it again
I'm buying new phone this month, i want nexus 6p but its too big, is there a good phone (like nexus 6p good) but on 5.1 to 5.5 inch display?

Everyone knows the sd820 is the inferior model. Exynos is where its at

I don't Care about custom rom support

But is the glass back a problem? Will it break?

Pretty much this

>chinkphones
>good
kys

Samsung J7 or s6; which is better for general use?

blue vivo selfie
bought this backup phone for $120 a while back. it's $100 now

ended up using it as my primary until my crazy ex smashed it lol

>Send from my iPhone

No

thank you for this screenshot. thank you. good to know. thank you

My brother got a new glass back phone recently, dropped it once and now the back is shattered. I mean the glass is still there but it looks all smashed. Meanwhile I've dropped my plastic Lumia numerous times and it's still like new

Anyone else remember how shit Kyocera phones were? It's amazing how unusable most Android phones under $200 used to be a few years ago.

Now you can get a ton of good phones under $200 that runs just as nice for average users as the $600+ flagships.

I'm still using a Galaxy S3 and I honestly find it perfectly alright for most things I need to do. It is, however, running a very outdated version of Android, and I've noticed it slowing down on a lot of websites.

What's a phone that is basically just an S3 with upgraded hardware? ie same size, same or better camera, at least USB 3.0, MicroSD card slot.

who else here thinks huawei should get rid of the name and change it for one more western??
something that doesnt sounds chinese, like sony (japanese but doesnt sounds like it) or apple, i feel like they could be the top smartphone sellers if they got a new edgy brand name

Can I get some opinions on the Sony Xperia Z5? Any comparison with the Xperia Z3? Worth the upgrade? Consider that my Z3 has been stolen and I loved the fuck out of that phone.

I'm pretty sure the z5c has a plastic frame

S7..?

the back is glass

Can anyone recommend a dual SIM phone that has 4G and isn't a freaking brick? I'm looking for a phone that is around 65mm wide.

I don't think I can buy a chinkphone because I'm 80% certain I will refer to it as such if anyone asks me about it in person. That shit lands you in jail in Canada.

>running a very outdated version of Android
That's your problem. Install CM before you get a new phone.

this, even my old s3 mini has CM13

I already tried CM and the whole thing slowed to a crawl. It was beyond unacceptable.

S7 is too big, I want something that's the same size as an S3. Is there an S7 mini?

Then you either did something wrong, like installing a wrong version or your phone has damaged hardware.

I was looking around for a phone, and the LG K8 caught my eye, due to the price that is offered by my carrier (around 50 euros). Is it worth the money, or am I better of saving a little bit more money for a better phone?

>V10 isn't mentioned anywhere ever
Feelsbadman

So I am about to buy the Xiaomi Redmi 3 pro 32GB for 190$

It there any reason why I shouldn*t?

Asking again from last thread:

Are there any phones that have a nice curve to the front edge like the Samsung Edge? I don't mean the screen, just the glass/body.

>LG V10 successor reportedly arriving this September

:^)

>Redmi 3 pro 32GB for 190$
?? Redmi Note 3 Pro is $170 and you want to pay $190 for the s,aller, worse version?

>S7 is too big, I want something that's the same size as an S3. Is there an S7 mini?
No, and at 5.1" it's one of the smaller flagships at the moment. all the other flagships are 5.5" or bigger. so either grow bigger hands or get a Z3/5C.

Xiaomi is going to make an annoucnement end of the month regarding redmi note 4 and 190$ for a redmi 3 pro is a complete rip off..

Since i life in germany it's difficult to finde a cheaper one incl. shipping and taxes.
What would be the better version?

Will I regret getting an Honor 5x? What's a good price for one?

>not buying an iphone

enjoy your nerd science fair project toy phone, lads

You are right
actually it is currently available.
Would you reccomend it?
xiaomidevice.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-4.html

honorbuy.com/731-redmi-3-pro-32gb-dark-gray.html
de.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-3-Pro-3G-RAM-32G-ROM-Metal-Body-4100-mAh-Snapdragon-616-Octa/342812_32641018014.html
Did you look there? Also, where did you find the R3P for 190? That's 20 too much.

I'd recommend a Moto G4 over it, it's better in almost every way, especially if you're an amazon prime member ($150 and you can remove the ads/bloat easily)

What ~$250 chinkphone has 4G LTE support for at&t

Need a new phone, $300 budget. Right now I'm trying to play pokemon go on my 2nd gen moto g and it's a pain in the ass. I was thinking of getting the moto g4 plus but it has overheating issues and no compass. How's the Nexus 5X?

Z5 compact, you samshill idiot.

Nigga, the redmi note 4 isn't even out yet...

lol it's not even out yet and it has worse specs than the RN3P. if anything, wait for the RN4P.

>Samshill

I actually really just want my Blackberry back. Shit didn't overheat while talking, overheat while charging, and lasted more than 3/4 of a day on a charge.

Oh ok got musleaded by the link I guess.
How long do you guys think do I have to wait?
Found some date around 27.07.

How do you change the kernel for Android? How many kernels are there? Can it still run Android apps? Is their any non-monolithic kernels? Preferably a RTOS system.

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_schedules_july_27_event_redmi_note_4_and_a_laptop_likely_to_be_outed-news-19434.php

At this point we can only guess. Imo it will take 4 months until we can buy the RN4P from resellers.
Anyways, i wouldn't buy the RN4P soon after it is released or available from resellers. They will demand ridiculous prices, wait until they offer it for a reasonable price tag.

I heard the Moto G4's camera is terrible in low lighting. How bad's the camera?

Should I get an android phone or an iphone?

It's hard for me to justify spending 1000 dollars on a phone. But are the sub 500 dollar android phones as good as an iphone? Will I be able to play all smart phone games with them?

Don't know about the G4, but the G4 Plus camera is good, even in low light.

Thanks, user. I think I might go for the Plus.

absolute best 5.1 - 5.2 inch phone out there?

price doesn't matter

It's rather expensive and only features a SD617, but if you don't want a chinkphone or pay 600 and more for the newest flagship, this is the best cam paired with near stock android you'll get for your money.

Samsung Galaxy S7 if you can live with TouchJizz™, otherwise HTC 10.

>battery is still removeable
youtube.com/watch?v=7DSrgQThTLM
are you retarded

a fucking knife

If there's nothing wrong with what you have now, and you're just upgrading to upgrade you are an idiot

should I buy a nexus 6p and sign up on google's project fi?
I barely use 1gb of data a month

pls

Wait for new Nexus phones in like 2 months

Oh i'm sorry, was this too technical for you Moto G and Samsung S7 shills?

And because the Ppi at even a 5.5 inch screen still isn't a large visible difference then a higher Ppi there's no downside, not to mention, unless you're constantly doing high amounts of multi tasking, a mid range Soc is all you need

No one cares about this autistic shit. go back to the RMS threads you stinky freetard.

So I checked willitwork for R3P and RN3P. Apparently the R3P doesn't support 4g in the US and the RN3P does. Can anyone confirm this? Currently on T mobile but switching soon to ATT

The 6p is actually one of the worst flagships from last year. At that size range there are too many options to give.
Use the phone picker from GSM arena to find what works best for you

RN3P doesn't support AT&T or T-Mobile's main bands, 17 and 12. It will support 4 and 2, so you can get limited 4G.

Honestly not a lot. Probably an S5 or LG would be your best bet

They use the 810 and over heat badly. That's why they weren't as popular as the Z3.
You may just be better off getting another Z3

Guys, how do i disable this fucking google bar? Moto G3

But I'm not though why is smartphone technology so stagnate even going backwards

Z5 compact, faggot

Just install cm13 and it'll feel like a new phone that use csan use for 3 more years

Would a Moto G4 be a big upgrade to an Iphone 4?

best sub 5 inch phone for under 350 AUD? Thinking about getting a z3 compact.

Yes.

R3SP/Mi4s.

>all these smart phones
>don't know shit
... where do I start, /spg/?