ITT: Useless tech you still want

ITT: Useless tech you still want

I always like these threads, and the previous one just died

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Sup
ebay.com/itm/Nokia-N950-developer-version-of-N9-with-keyboard/261687905225?_trksid=p2050601.c100272.m3467&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20140813112422&meid=3c808f7c19494e4bbec1ff745a4d6b29&pid=100272&prg=20140813112422&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=261687905225&clkid=2535864233901327177&_qi=RTM1963929
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love to get one purely for the case so I can gut it and fit a raspberry pi in to run a RetroPi. That way I can get every single NES game made (plus a shitload more) instead of just the 30 it comes with

Unfortunately its $100 in Australia...

Is it $100 when importing or just buying it locally because both are insane

If this thing sells for more than 15 britbux (which it definitely will) I'm not going near it.

Also I can just imagine these games looking *amazing* on my 65" 4k TV

(checked it before posting it's 49.99 brit bux what the FUCK)

This megadrive one is the same price. Except it comes with 80 games AND lets you use real megadrive cartridges.

Nintendo are having a fucking bubble @ 50 bux

Buying locally.

Haven't checked importing yet but considering how much it usually costs to ship stuff here I can't imagine it'll be too much cheaper

You already posted it, OP. I don't even own any Nintendo shit anymore.

Just checked. $59.99 US comes to approximately $80 AU. So that leaves $20 for shipping plus whatever profits the reseller will want

Those are third party devices with shitty emulation. This NES is built by Nintendo and will have perfect emulation.

It's just such a neat thing for Nintendo to do, right? I'd definitely buy it if it included Wario's Woods. Instead, I'll probably just pick up one of those new controllers to use with virtual console.

You can get them on etsy for $20 that are 3D printed

this with Ras Pi 3, need to up grade it from my gen 1.

Avoid Firecore like the plague.
>Implying it won't just be Retroarch on a RasPi again
Don't be naive.

That said, the case looks lovely.

>Implying it won't just be Retroarch on a RasPi again
Actually, that makes me wonder how long it'll take for someone to get more/different NES games running on this thing - even if it is something custom (which it will be)

Gtx660

If you are buying it for the case you're probably better off waiting for someone trying to sell a broken one off on ebay or something for pennies.

Honestly, if it gets cracked open in the nearby future it's definitely not a bad buy. It'd turn into babby's first retro-emu console. (Of course I'm already taking future pricedrops into account)

I just want to get the controllers and use one of those Classic Controller to USB adapters, as it uses the same plugs

boards.Sup Forums.org/v

Sup Forums's speculating it uses rebadged wii hardware because it uses Wii controller ports, the wii can easily be modded for HDMI out so this using HDMI is easy, and it's only using games that have been released on the Virtual Console service

lmao lrn2boardpost

Thinkpad p50 with 64Gb ram

I wonder if it's made from Wii Minis. The form factor is pretty similar, and I get the impression Nintendo was left with a fair bit of unsold stock.

Aye, that makes enough sense. Wii Minis were worth jack shit to anyone with half a frontal lobe, good of Ninty to find a somewhat clever use for those stinkers.

A smartwatch. More specifically a Samsung Gear S2. I really don't have a need for one, but i find its bezel-interface, fascinating.

I wouldn't buy it at $300, but a used one at

nobody has (or cares enough to) hack the Wii mIni so the dream is dead.

If that's true it shouldn't be too long before we can mod it and turn it into a fully fledged wii/gc in a nes box

Well, maybe, I get the feeling it's not gonna come with an SD slot or anything so it wouldn't be an easy soft mod.

why?

Unfortunately, if it's true that might stifle any attempt at modding them. IIRC people gave up pretty quickly at getting homebrew channel onto the Wii Mini.

Wanted one when they came out, got a hd5870 instead for cheaper.

Still curious how it'll have turned out though if I had gotten that instead

Not specifically the iPad Pro, tablets in general.

Why was it called the "wii mini" when they shaved off jack shit form it?

It should have been called the "Wii want to make it out of much, much cheaper parts"

Can it play the old cartridges?
If not, I'll keep using my NES.

That's why it's a clever move. No chance of homebrewing plus an easy way to get rid of overstock of a admittedly very cheap product on itself. Peddling this to "lol teh retro" faggots can only mean profits for the big N.

Hmm, maybe it isn't a similar size to the NES Mini after all.

Nope, the lid doesn't even open (and the whole thing looks no bigger than an NES cartridge)

honestly I think the Wii Mini is a qtpi and I would consider buying one (I gave away my old Wii) for super cheap if it had wifi and and SD card slot.

it's confirmed to not be expandable.

well you also can't just throw Wii mini boards into a case, so if it has anything from the Wii mini it probably will just have the same PowerPC processor and a modified OS.

>Nope, the lid doesn't even open (and the whole thing looks no bigger than an NES cartridge)
That's a shame.

I sorta want a Wii Mini just because I really liked the disc drives in the Gamecube and the PS2 Slim. Definitely falls under the thread's topic of "useless" though

I was gonna buy one myself for RGB 240p emulating until I read up on the cons of the system. A real shame, because it looks fucking fabulous! White plastic slabs are not my aesthetic.
You're right however. The motherboard definitely does not fit into that case.

I bought an iPad Air 2 earlier this year, and I find it much more practical for most of my computer use, than an actual computer, or a phone.

My only knock against the tablet is that it's "another" some redundant device, but since I don't usually do anything productive on my computer, I really don't have much need to go on my desktop/laptop anymore.

I have never done anything on a tablet that couldn't have been done better on a computer - except reading manga. Tablets (specifically 16:9) are very good for that.
At one time I thought tablets were better for web browsing, but now I have a laptop with a not-shitty trackpad.

It's the only way to get an official NES controller for the Wii.

>official NES controller for the Wii.
I already have quite a few real NES controllers and I don't have a Wii.

Ah, well, then you have no need for it

definitely going to buy the mini NES or whatever just to sit on my desk and plugin when I want to play pacman or zelda.

That's the point of it, it's for shit's and giggles, it's a premade package you're overpaying for. I still want it doe, cause it's cute, and fun.

Its looks sexy in an ugly, gaudy, retro sort of way

that is horrifying.
I really want to play with it though.

I have one in blue, still works.

Get a Pebble dude. I never wore watches and thought smart watches were autistic toys for edgy tards but getting notifications on your wrist if worth it already

I have one of these for gamecube and love it.

>not wanting the lime green one
Someone on Craigslist has one for sale. But the fucker hasn't responded to my email.

dude bro dont get the S2 get the Huawei smart watch. compared to the gear S2 it has much better software available for it and offers more customization. this is coming from a gear S2 user

CLAM!

Graphite master race.

You really won't let up, huh user

I have an orange one with the screen smashed in.

Turns out it's a fucking project and a half to replace the damn display, Apple really didn't want people fucking with em. And no video out either.

Video out is possible with a special snowflake a/v cable that uses the headphone jack.

Not on the oldest 300MHz model as far as I know, only the later 366MHz and 466MHz ones. I didn't google this before posting so I might be dead wrong

the ui is shit, though. It's probably better than apple's take, but it's still kind of a pain. hopefully android wear 2.0 will help with this

Aren't the new controllers bundled with the system?

This gaudy, plastic, probably poorly built, babby's first fisher-price laptop piece of garbage. It's got something incredibly garbage like an Intel celery or something but man do I like that purple.

>Sup Forums's speculating it uses rebadged wii hardware because it uses Wii controller ports

That doesn't make sense. Even with the Wii (actually Gamecube) hardware being as old as it is, it's very unlikely that they'd use such hardware in a $50 box and still make a profit. Even if we consider that Nintendo could re-purpose unsold Wii mini stock and reprogram them, it would cost them even more for labor just to repackage them.

You also underestimate the versatility of ARM cores too; being able to display at HDMI while playing NES games and support controllers in a tiny, cheap package. A board with a cheap ARM SOC, flash memory and in a novel plastic shell would net big margins in a $50 price tag.

This. No way it'll be made out of a Pi or a Wii. Too expensive.

You know those chinese MP4 players that also play NES games. It'll be made out of that.

I use one of these, limited android functionality is nice (windows remote desktop works REALLY well) but ultimately I think the Bold Touch is still a better phone.

>Apple really didn't want people fucking with em

Apple making shit hard to do? Never heard that one before.

Indeed.

they'll be sold separately since only one controller is included with the system.

I'm not really someone who buys tech I can't find a use for, I'm a cheapass most of the time.

Maybe an iPhone? Or some stupid overpowered Android flagship with a stupidly high-res screen and more processing power than any phone really needs. Only reason I even bought my BB Classic was that I was basically forced to upgrade and no other machine available had a keyboard. After this one dies I'll either go back to my bold or just pick up a dumbphone.

the sound of this thing is horrible.

get something with android wear, i have a Galaxy Gear 1 and have the option to have Tizen or Android 4.1.

>be nintendo
>take some old games you made decades ago
>store them in a cutesy version of a console you sold decades ago
>sell for $60
>people actually buy them
At this point I'm convinced Nintendo could just keep remaking all their old games and never go out of business.

???

That is already nintendos very successful business model

>make games
>remake the same games for 30 years
>people still eat this shit up

They've been doing that. In a sense, Nintendo hasn't made a new game since the 90's.

Where have you been these last 30 years?

>Apple making shit hard to do? Never heard that one before.

Not him, but my TiBook's user manual tells you how to replace the hard drive, ram and airposrt card. So one upon a time Apple wasnt so hostile. Screens are always a bitch to replace anyways.

5$ Zero can already run the NES perfectly.

So 60 dollar price for 5 dollar (max) hardware.

The case input ports and gamepad are probably going to be more expensive for nintendo than the hardware to run the games.

>200 dollars
>new monster hunter is 40
>count the power brick in
Sad goes the frog

But this shit can't even be called a remake anymore, it's literally the same old shit that they made years ago, slapped together in a fancy box.
To think people are actually buying this crap again makes me sick. It really ruins the market if Nintendo can get away with this.

It might be interesting to reverse that puppy, see what's really inside.

It's incredibly overpriced: I could get a vintage NES with the games for that price, no problem, let alone all the unlicenced clones, or RetroArch.

I have a feeling they could really sell it for $10 and make a profit.

I do like the purple (I'm a sucker for purple) but the style looks awful.

Pojectors in general, sadly, decent ones are too expensive to consider them over regular monitors

They can and they have been, they'll probably stop at Mario party 69 to snicker like children before making Mario party 70.

>Screens are always a bitch to replace anyways.
Not always true, on a T420 it's the bezel which pops off, then four screws and the screen is free. After that you just unhook the cable from the back of the display.

You should have not told us. Just mailed him a better offer.

Got one, it ain't useless if you know how to use one, user.

So by "useless" we mean old and outdated?

Sony Qualia 016.

It's a 2MP camera the size of your thumb, but has all kinds of attachments included; plus the case. And it retailed for $4000.

The Qualia line was a super high end product line meant to showcase Sony's engineering and design.

Nokia Booklet

Is that a HP Stream? I got one, but it was blue. Didn't know they came in purple.

Old school mp3s

I loved my MD player.. compared to the CD player I was carrying around this was a blessing. And I could convert my old CDs to MD?! Ahh hells yeah.

NES mini is not useless.

What anime is that? Thanks..

2MP, 4K?!

Far better ways to play NES games then that shit.

Why would you still want the s2 when there's gear fit 2?

i still have one of these. do you know what it's worth?

Is that one of these projector based TVs with an integrated mirror? Can't remember the name...

i searched for years for this then bought a n9

looks fucking disgusting. I doubt you'd buy one if you saw it in a store. I would buy the acer es1 131 instead

this was only sent to some developers. and you missed the boat. ebay.com/itm/Nokia-N950-developer-version-of-N9-with-keyboard/261687905225?_trksid=p2050601.c100272.m3467&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20140813112422&meid=3c808f7c19494e4bbec1ff745a4d6b29&pid=100272&prg=20140813112422&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=261687905225&clkid=2535864233901327177&_qi=RTM1963929

you can just buy two (or more?) secondary controllers separately and they'd work just fine.

Not him but that's from one of the Eva Rebuild movies

Why the fuck would you want that or a N9 if the N900 if far superior?

>i still have one of these. do you know what it's worth?
No idea. I only remember them being really expensive for being a mere 'netbook'