What OS do you Sup Forumsents use on a day to day basis?

What OS do you Sup Forumsents use on a day to day basis?

Thinking of getting a copy of windows 8 but thene again theres windows 10..

>Someone please enlighten me

I use Debian with Openbox installed, it always works for me. Windows 10 is much better than Windows 8, but I warn you Windows 10 has the shittiest start menu search function in the world and uses 30% of your CPU by default. Windows 7 and XP and Vista are really good Windows systems to use. If you want security and full control then install GNU.

Debian sid for the last 6 years or so
A few years of Gentoo before that

W7 Enterprise.

I want to install Debian but i don't have external hard drives with enough space to backup my shit.

mint

it works. I also have windows 8 on another ssd but I only switch to it for Sup Forumsayming

I was Windows all the way.

Then i got involved with some entertainment/theatrical sort of work specifically in the field of audio, and i've been using Mac since.

I work in pro audio now for concerts and theatre, and there is a lot more software available for the Mac. Plus some really gorgeous file formats available on the Mac only. Native CoreAudio support is also a huge plus to me.

But i still have Windows 10 installed on one of my HDs.

I fell for the Arch meme and I'm pretty happy with it.

Install Gentoo

Arch, Funtoo.

xubuntu for the last 3 or 4 years. debian and windows before that

os X.IX.V mavericks

it's the only unix[-like] that works

I'd actually probably would switch to linux if it had those programs in picrelated or sane alternatives of them

I enjoy Manjaro the most, however for most Linux applications I use Ubuntu because it justwerks. There's still software I use on Windows, however, so I mainly use that and dual boot Ubuntu on a smaller partition.

Win7 pro on my desktop, Ubuntu on my home server.

Can I upgrade my legit win7 home key to a win10 key? It's currently not in use on a machine so do I have to install it and then upgrade it?

Windows 10 is alright (ignore the botnet meme) but it's a fucking CPU leech; 20% of CPU being used by "Windows Defender Service" continuously.

Manjaro is pretty sweet.

i use Ubuntu unity. only games i play and are not working on linux are Blizzard ones and LoL,and i sold my LoL account and moved to dota.
Not having to deal with system and application updates for more than once a week for a few minutes tops feels great.
I only lack a working optimus solution on my laptop, but i get better fps in dota on linux than on windows when i ignore vsync and use prime-select nvidia.
Gayming aside i only had to use octave/scilab , labview and libreoffice (which i normally used on windows before) for my studies, and all that was availble on linux.
Oh and i used autocad but later moved on to qcad because it was all simple 2d drawings.

Linux Mint Cinnamon. It even works to install Photoshop CS6 and I could even crack it. Used PlayOnLinux.

Fedora 24 with GNOME 3

I have found Fedora the most useable distro.

I used Ubuntu and its flavors before the change.

Was a window user most of my life, over the last year have switched over to mint entirely because
>It just werks

That said, I'd avoid 8, 8.1 itself. As another user said, win 10 actually isn't bad save for it's hardware footprint. The "lel botnet" meme is fucking stupid in an era where so many devices within your home are collecting meta data already. Blah blah muh freedoms, etc. The only way to be off the botnet entirely is to live in the woods and shit in a hole.

If you're not a gamer, or don't mind jumping through hoops for emulation, I recommend ubuntu/mint. It's a mostly hassle free OS that will provide a very close Win experience. I and other anons aren't joking when we say most of the software surrounding it is super close, if not better, than some Win programs as well.

If you have to use Win, go 7 or go ahead and jump into 10, as you'll eventually have to anyways.

>wincucks don't know how to turn off basic services

Windows updates are usually once a month on a Tuesday though. Did you perhaps mean reboots?

i mean not dealing with windows update that cause reboots, take alot of time usually , and in my experience cause "installing updates" loops, in addition to 3rd party software updaters and autostart entries that check for updates for programs like java/flash/firefox/nvidia+amd drivers/speccy/ccleaner/antivirus software/.

Seeing how all this can be solved by a reasonable package manager made me realize windows is horrible to use. Not saying that a package manager is the best idea ever, but they really should implement one for windows, with software repositories maintained by application producers. I mean they would just maintain software for windows 10 at most,and no more 20 copies of visual c++ / directx etc.

Windows has those things but I've only ever used them in a corporate setting for MIS type of work.

I hear you though and there isn't a mainstream solution for consumers in the capacity. Third party options generally don't do well enough there either.

well then it appears freetards are pretty good at maintaining packages, given the funds they have.

RHEL, Raspbian and Windows

Hooray for fedora!

Back up what you can Externally. Make a partition with your free space and/or delete non essentials