Do you/have you used encrypted email service? What has been your experience? Are they safe? Worth it?

Do you/have you used encrypted email service? What has been your experience? Are they safe? Worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There pretty much a waste of time when email encryption has existed for years. Also email is outdated btw

I'm using their paid service just because I like fancy custom email names. couldn't care less about privacy(I don't want my dick-pics on the internet that's about it) because I still have an android phone and gmail

>email is outdated

?

Encryption aside, it is pretty good email provider.

You only get the illusion of privacy. You need to use PGP.

He is retarded, don't mind him.

OP here, anyone use the GnuPG plugin?

emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/

>don't let you directly download apk from their site

into the thrash it goes

did you mean GPG?

Use GPL you lazy fuck.

*GPG/PGP

lol

u got somethin 2 say 2 me punk?

can you explain how it actually works? does people need to know my gpg key or something in order to encrypt an email?

ur gay freetard

yes. your mom is fat and smells like a dead horse

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography

no u

more like public toilet lol

see >no u

ZING!

your words cant push my fucking buttons. ive been active on on //b board for a decent while and yeah it can be rough at times, but reddit can always catch me when i get too down. at work i'll even flaunt my ass at the urinal. so i know what to say here on the forums when something almost gets me all riled up and shit. i can handle it....the question is....can you?

:( no... im not... strong enough........

there are GMOs in pizza hit. the world is not what i thought either. the question is...are you ready?

Anything that's black and rectangular and has a usability oriented design

I... I'm not sure :'(((( Will... Will you take me?

I use ProtonMail and I fucking love it. Only problem is that no one I know uses it so emails are still by and large unencrypted. I know there is the option to password encrypt emails but no one I know would deal with the hassle.

>usability
I mean like designed without useless gimmicks and it's made to do it's job

add me with facebook. stage name is India

Yes. Mostly I use my own (I do use GnuPG for most non-public stuff, and my mailserver is state-of-the-art in terms of email security - it had better be, I'm on the IETF UTA WG), but I use ProtonMail as a backup, because it's a poor idea to only have your personally-hosted email addresses as your contacts on your hosting; if it goes down, you won't get email!

It's email. I don't use it that much. The encryption is a bit clumsy and doesn't seem to interact with PGP at all outside of ProtonMail, which makes it actually kind of useless in practice - a shame! The smartphone app keeps losing my passphrases, and I really don't want it to - it's extremely irritating and may lead to me changing to Tutanota.

Safe against what threat model?

Worth the price of free with no ads? Yes.