ANNIVERSARY UPDATE HYPE THREAD

Windows 10 Anniversary Update will bring a ton more features Linux users can only dream of. Upgrade already before it's too late to get your free copy.

howtogeek.com/248177/whats-new-in-windows-10s-anniversary-update/

FAQ:

- Isn't it a botnet???
- Nope. Telemetry means just collecting ANONYMOUS pieces of info (such as what graphic cards are in use today) that help them develop a better system. Even Firefox has telemetry today, and if you block it completely, programmers won't know that people still use your hardware/favorite features and remove them altogether.

- I'm a paranoid shitfuck/a dinosaur afraid of innovation. Can I turn Cortana off?
- Yes. It's a completely optional feature and you don't need to use it.

- Well, is there any other "problem" with it?
- No. It's as close as perfection as it gets. It's fast, safe and has a great UI.

Other urls found in this thread:

privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
zdnet.com/article/windows-10-anniversary-update-will-require-more-ram/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I actually used windows 10 for a long while, and still use it on my laptop, but I had to go back to 7 for my desktop

I had some crazy issue where I couldn't run a single application or piece of software without manually right clicking and running as admin every single time, it had something to do with user accounts being tied to my microsoft account and even the person at MS said they couldn't help me outside of trying a fresh install, which I did to no avail

:^)

>he has nothing better to do than be free advertising for a faceless corporation that doesnt even know he exists

Advertising is not allowed in Sup Forums threads, parjeet. Fuck off

>info (such as what graphic cards are in use today) that help them develop a better system.
Wow my anonymous contact info sure helped them

Stop installing warez.

Do you get paid for posting this?

How do you expect them to improve drivers for your hardware parts if you don't let them anonymously know that people still have them, idiot?

>How do you expect them to improve drivers
How does paid testers sound like, moron?

>great UI

good one

When is the anniversary update actually launching?

They don't write my graphics card drivers

GoG, my VPN, My legit photoshop and my student edition of solidworks are not warez, neither is skype or notepad

supposedly 29th of this month

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR SHITTY BOTNETS PAJEET

(v:

>New PCs Will Include More Advertisements in the Start Menu
Wow

man how much did Microsoft pay you this time???

Botnet isn't real you say? You didn't happen to have read Microsoft's privacy policy, did you? They're not even hiding it anymore. They're collecting personal data and they've clearly said so.
privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement

GUESS WHO GOT C U C K E D AGAIN

it's in fucking august why make thread now. but yes I'm pretty hype

Nice bait, Faggotron 9000.

best there is

Good thing I'm not going to use my windows 7 laptop again until this old vista laptop of mine is dead in april.

How are those overly massive top panels treating you?

Not an argument pajeet.

not an argument reddit

>When someone thinks he knows how to type but he doesn't

>Microsoft has removed the controversial Wi-Fi Sense feature that allowed you to share Wi-Fi network and their passwords with your Facebook, Outlook.com, and Skype contacts.
nice desu

still look better than anything on linux

>I hate windows 10, therefore I'm a redditor
You're not even trying, are you pajeet?

see

>someone think they
Working hard on weekends, rakesh?

>defensive about being called reddit
>le ebin india meme
>not reddit
hello, reddit, my old friend

Are you going to post this in 9gag tomorrow?

kinda offtopic to this update

is there a way to actually force each update to keep the setting i already have? every single time they bring an update it seems they reset the driver update one

>Anyone who disagrees with me is from reddit
>Getting mad about being called pajeet
Pajeet please.

>india meme
>meme
Stop it, parjeet

More telemetry for (You), lol

Try opening this image without laughing

I've had issue with micro-freezes in windows ever since windows 8 came out, like im watching a video and the video/sound freezes for like half a second and it happens often. It never happens in windows 7 or any linux distro.

It's a bug that they haven't fixed in several years.

>Cortana
Useless
>Android phone support
I use it only for transferring files, other than that useless
>More Desktop Apps and Games Come to the Windows Store
Garbage
>Windows 10 Gets a Dark Theme
Revolutionary
>Microsoft Edge Finally Supports Browser Extensions
Too late
>Edge Gets Click-to-Play Flash, Pinned Tabs, Web Notifications, and Swipe Navigation
Who cares
>Windows Hello Brings Fingerprint Authentication to Apps and Websites
Fingerprint authentication is shit
>Windows Hello Lets You Unlock Your PC With “Companion Devices”
Get a chip goyim
>Windows Ink Improves Digital Drawing and Annotation in Lots of Apps
Who cares when you have better alternative commercial programs

I don't care enough to go on

Nope

kek

I don't know what VPN you use, and I don't use solid works, but everything else I use on win 10 and never had an issue with. For reference I use many modeling software not wares on it for work like max, sketchup, AutoCAD and other cad software

>can disable for commercial customers
We know who they love

2nd August

>disagrees
>implying you had an argument in the first place

Anyway, one thing I agree with you on is memes. They're hilarious! I saw this post on /r/Sup Forums once about a Batman guy and the comments were full of UUUU and it just made me crack up! I posted it again and got lots of upvotes so I tried to find the source, and, well, here I am! Like, the more and more you post a meme the funnier it gets. I've seen the green frog guy on Facebook at least a million times now and EVERY SINGLE TIME IT MAKES ME LAUGH HARDER!

I just realized, clever trolls can have a lot of fun with these advertising panels. There will be lulz to be had, a lot of it.

CTRL-F bash
>No matches.

It's like you faggots don't even care about technology and just come here to shitpost and post dunk memes.
Oh wait..

take it to your designated shitting street, sanjay

Bash on windows is a broken placebo and everyone knows that

Windows' UI peaked with W7. W8 fucked everything up and Microsoft has been backpeddalling ever since, leaving it all a mess

Literally can't wait. W10 is only getting better with each update.

>Windows' UI peaked with Windows 2000
fixed that for you

What about it?

Reminder that Windows 10 will now also officially use more system resources:
zdnet.com/article/windows-10-anniversary-update-will-require-more-ram/

I guess all those ads and spyware don't run on air after all.

Why are you linux dudes so hostile towards windows?

>believing this
Holy shit how dumb are you
>seaching tripcode on archive shows 100% obvious bait posts
>facebook filenames
>link without timestamp
hang urself

follow me on insta @barackobama

>linux dudes
Where?

>Damage
>"CONTROLLED"
Time to kill self, hindu cuckold

Comes with Ubuntu built-in.. There's literally no reason to use Loonix anymore.

This website is 18+ Reddit.com may be more your speed

>Now with BOTH WinPOO and Noobuntu vulnerability plus the ads spyware :-DD

>Le you are reddit :-DDDD
>Le you are not 18 XD

Get the fuck back to 9gag dumb subhuman street shitter

What's wrong with this? Larger targets are faster and easier to hit. Also the new menu has 3 more items than the old one.

take the poo to the loo, patel

I have "Pro" at work PC (pre-installed) and aside from lack of Aero and thus looking pretty ugly, the only thing positive I found is that searching with Start menu works really fast now (probably because I disabled web searching tho - another PC at work, where nobody did, have search function working abyssal slow).

If not for future Intel CPU support and Dx12, I wouldnt even consider it.

This new Ink shit isn't going to fuck with my graphics tablet driver is it

PAJEET MY SON

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a shitty Reddit meme when posting, but shitty Reddit memes are for Reddit, not for Sup Forums! Whoops! You should always remember to stop posting shitty Reddit memes when you're on Sup Forums, unless you're ironically mocking another user posting it unironically! Posting shitty Reddit memes you're on Sup Forums is poor form. You should always try to post quality replies, unless your shitty Reddit meme is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Also, this whole "Anniversary Update" sounds extremely shit, according to OP linked article:

>Cortana Becomes a Whole Lot Smarter

(What With All That Starting Every Word With Capital Letters? Sounds Like Making Pause After Every Single Word).

Big deal, since Cortana is privacy nightmare and nobody sane use it. Not to mention that, for example, my language version dont have her anyway.

>Windows 10 Interacts with Your Android Phone (or Windows Phone)

Like I want total interaction, since I dont even use Windows Account.

>More Desktop Apps and Games Come to the Windows Store

Windows Store is shit and "Universal Windows Platform" shouldnt exist at all.

>Windows 10 Gets a Dark Theme (and More Theme Options)

Wooooow, even more dark themes. Also, if somebody wanted ricing, they did it already with various free software or paid ones (like Stardock Object Desktop).

>Microsoft Edge Finally Supports Browser Extensions
>Edge Gets Click-to-Play Flash, Pinned Tabs, Web Notifications, and Swipe Navigation

Who the fuck uses Edge?

>Windows Hello Brings Fingerprint Authentication to Apps and Websites
>Windows Hello Lets You Unlock Your PC With “Companion Devices”

Finally something useful, albeit only for small percent of users.

>Windows Ink Improves Digital Drawing and Annotation in Lots of Apps

Useless.

>Wi-Fi Sense’s Controversial Password-Sharing Feature is Gone

Everybody sane disabled it already.

>Windows Defender Can Provide Additional Protection If You Use Another Antivirus

For what purpose, if you already have third party Anti-vir?

>New PCs Will Include More Advertisements in the Start Menu

DISGUSTING. How is "more adds" even something positive?

>Cortana Gets More Useful Features

Again, Cortana is something that should be completely optional and not build-in.

>The Combined Skype Universal App is Back

Skype is only useful to talk to people, who refuse to use anything else for such communication.

(comment too long)

>butthurt indian detected

Holy shit rarely do I see blatant marketing like this. I don't even dislike Windows 10 but this is bullshit.

>- No. It's as close as perfection as it gets. It's fast, safe and has a great UI.
you need new glasses if you think the ui is anywhere near even beta quality, retard

>We'll pay you $1 if you tell us what your graphics card is. We'll give you $2 extra if you give us the error logs

Or

>We'll just collect the information without your name and without paying you. This means we can give you free bug fixes and free security patches without alot of hassle.

(cont)

>Windows Gets Its Own Linux Command Line

Something positive at least, I guess?

>The Start Menu Has Been Redesigned
>The “All Apps” option is now gone–you’ll just see a full list of installed applications at the left side of your Start menu.

Great move - turning tolerable Start menu into shit again. Does MS think that people loves to have clusterfuck in their Star menus and see ALL installed applications every time they open it?

>Tablet Mode is More Like Windows 8

Who likes Windows 8?

>The Taskbar Gets Calendar Integration and More

Little positive, but still no real deal.

>The Lock Screen is Improved, Too

Who uses lock screen for more than just loging in and, duh, locking your PC while you are away?

>Battery Options Become More Powerful

Might be useful for laptop owners, not for desktops at all. I thought that MS said they are going to focus on desktops more?

>Windows Update Is More Respectful of Your Time

I thought that everybody sane set it to "notify for download and notify for install" or at least "dont restart automatically"?

>The Action Center is More Convenient and Customizable
>Apps Can Now Take Over When You Visit a Website
>The Xbox One Becomes More Windows-Like
>Emojis Get an Overhaul
>Connect Improves on Windows Phones with Continuum

Useless.

Like I said, completely pointless "update" that might bring one or two positive things, few shitty decisions and whole lot of pointless or missable crap.

>Cortana can mirror all your Android phone’s notifications to your PC, giving you all your notifications in Windows 10’s Action Center. You’ll also see a notification on your PC when your smartphone has low battery power, so you’ll know when to charge it.
Meaning, every single one of your notifications will go through Microsoft's servers.

>"See, goy? We're making your life so much easier. You would be an idiot not using our free services."

>Mrw I read you're reply
Totally screencapping this for /r4chan lol (laughing out loud)

>>Windows Gets Its Own Linux Command Line
>
>Something positive at least, I guess?
I dunno. What the hell do I even get out of it? Why is it a big deal?

If only Windows 10 could install updates.
I'm using a legit Windows 10 Pro license on two computers.

The first computer can't install updates and shut down menu item returns me to login screen. So I restart it instead and hold down power button at bios.
The other computer can install updates but when I shut down the computer it blacks out and I have to hold down the power button.

>Parjeet

I don't know how many variations I've seen of this name now but there should be zero considering you read it, not heard it. Fucking Chinese whispers.

I just wanted to find a single positive in thsi sea of shit called "Anniversary Update" and this kinda fits.

I guess there are people, who will find use for writing scripts for everyday use. At uni, we had one guy, that was trying to make bash scripts for everything, even things that you do once per year and writing such script and checking, if it was made correctly, was taking more time than doing this whole thing manually - up to the point that I used to joke by asking, if he write script to open text editor too.

you can sudo and apt-get now like an autist xD

>no classic theme
Pleb

But here's the thing. It's sandboxed. You can't use those script to control your windows system. What's the point?

There is no classic theme in W10.

>Apps Can Now Take Over When You Visit a Website
Wow, great!

Shut up, we're trying to post loo memes.

Fuck the memes.

I guess there is none then?

That makes this whole "update" completely shit then.

Actually, it is a bot net, a literal bot not, not even the Sup Forums, "let's call everything a botnet," but a actual bot net.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

I see what you did there xD

yepo

botnet 10 confirmed