/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

Old Thread: Post your simple/small/stupid questions here
take at least 10 seconds to google first

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
micahflee.com/2013/11/canonical-shouldnt-abuse-trademark-law-to-silence-critics-of-its-privacy-decisions/
fridge.ubuntu.com/2014/02/13/community-council-statement-on-canonical-package-licensing
opengl-tutorial.org/beginners-tutorials/tutorial-1-opening-a-window/
google.com/search?q=does ubunty spy on you 2016&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/01/ubuntu-online-search-feature-disabled-16-04
overclockers.co.uk/super-flower-leadex-platinum-750w-fully-modular-80-plus-platinum-power-supply-white-ca-045-sf.html
github.com/boltdb/bolt
pcpartpicker.com/list/TVYZRG?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it possible to make computer cluster with few processor architectures? i.e. AMD64 and ARM in one cluster.

I've used Linux at school but now I want to install it on my laptop. I want to look cool (no Ubuntu), but I also want something that works. Which distro?

what key/value store would you recommend?

No. That's completely impossible due to the laws of thermodynamics

ubuntu looks cool you faggot, and it is the best and works

Seconding this

sexpr

xubuntu

S-expressions is the best for most usages.
Or just ini/conf

Riced Mint

ubuntu is shit and you should consider suicide if you say otherwise.
look at this link wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux

Debian just works (tm)

Why would you use one of the rebranded ubuntus?

I meant the redis kind

So redis then.

What's wrong with Ubuntu? I'm using it now and it works okay for me. Maybe you're too retarded to install it?

How about one that's not in-memory only

the fuck?
Shouldnt there need be for some specifics?

>Why would you use one of the rebranded ubuntus?
because you get ubuntu support and community
while having lighter and more customizable GUI

In a laptop with a CPU that normally only takes DDR3L (CPU is i5 4310M), would notmal DDR3 laptop ram (1600 1.5V) work? Would it do any damage?

they spy on you and give your information to amazon. also unity is shit but luckily you can get other environments.

it would not fit physically
I think that L is for low profile

>sublime
>steam
>any laucher other than multimc
>nobuntu
fag detected

>while having lighter and more customizable GUI
Just install ubongo and install the DE/WM of your choice then...

>the fuck?
>Shouldnt there need be for some specifics?
What do you mean?

Sqlite

they dont, are you still living in 2014? in 2 years bet on portugal to win euro2016!!!

man if your device name/username are that revealing, change them

stop scribbling on every screennshot

IT uses the same pins so it should fit, I am worried about the voltage as DDR3L works at 1.35V

I forgot to mention
>atom
>chromium (I see the chrome icon at the top? ewww)
>intellij (I hope you use the free edition at least)
>code::blocks
>is that visual studio at the top?
Why don't you use proper software instead?

>fag detected
not my picture
but theres nothing wrong with steam or sublime or anything

now fuck off you hateful loser with no life

>they spy on you and give your information to amazon
Fucktard. That was removed in 15.04, i.e. over a year ago.
Unity is fucking brilliant.

Reposting once again:

VLC supposedly has metadata-editing features, right?

If I open a file and change some of them, a "save metadata" button will appear and the metadata will be saved when I close the window (as shown by the new title displayed as the file title), but when I close VLC and reopen it, the file still has the old metadata.

Does VLC only change the metadata for that specific session, or it should change it on the file itself (and somehow it's not working for me)?

That's not a key-value store. The entire reason I want a recommendation is to move key/value data out of a relational database it doesn't benefit from being in.

>but theres nothing wrong with steam or sublime or anything
There is, it is useless, inferior non-free software.

funny, i just googled it and apparently they still do spy. ubunshits gonna be shit i guess.

>>any launcher other than multimc
>trusting sketchy launchers
>not disassembling the original launcher and editing it to work without paying

Why does the person in the op picture call his teacher professor? It's obvious he's still at middle school if they go over problems like that.

Dude, just use sqlite as a key value store. There's nothing wrong with that and it will be MUCH more stable than today's crappy software.

Multimc is the most popular free as in freedom launcher. Why would you accuse it of being sketchy?

arent you lost?

nice proof, kys cunt ;^)

Sorry, thought it was one of those malware ridden crap.
Still, why not DIY?

You are using the image incorrectly.

>just use sqlite as a key value store

What's the intended way to use Docker containers?

Am I supposed to have a separate container for Python, one for Postgresql and so on, or put everything in one container/Dockerfile and develop my stuff using that?

yes

Canonical is also a slimy as fuck company. Apart from spying on people (in the past) they've also sent cease and desist letters to people that removed the spying 'features' and attempted to bully linux mint into signing a license agreement.
Shitty companies make shitty products. Yes, products. :)

That wasn't proof, cunt
kys ;^)

This guy again. Put the CPU1 connecters in and CPU light went away, but then it turned into a VGA error until I remembered to put my HDMI cable into my graphics card instead of motherboard, and now I have no red lights and my monitor is asking me to select proper boot sequence. What do?

It might be some kind of introduction to logic. In Poland it's tradition to call any teacher in a lyceum a professor, so that would check out.

micahflee.com/2013/11/canonical-shouldnt-abuse-trademark-law-to-silence-critics-of-its-privacy-decisions/

fridge.ubuntu.com/2014/02/13/community-council-statement-on-canonical-package-licensing

fucking learn to use google holy shit.

your pc is working
and you need to insert dvd or usb with operating system installation to boot from it

when I use compton in xfce, it slows down videos a bit when they're in fullscreen and it's pretty annoying. What can I do to fix this?
here's my compton.conf

backend = "glx";
glx-no-stencil = true;
glx-no-rebind-pixmap = true;
paint-on-overlay = true;
vsync = "opengl-swc";

I'm trying to learn how to use OpenGL (the graphics library for C/C++), and am using the following tutorial:
opengl-tutorial.org/beginners-tutorials/tutorial-1-opening-a-window/

I'm currently on tutorial 2 and am getting the following error
/Projects/OpenGLTutorials/ogl-OpenGL-tutorial_0015_33/tutorial02_red_triangle/tutorial02_red_triangle

Impossible to open SimpleVertexShader.vertexshader. Are you in the right directory ? Don't forget to read the FAQ !

Even though I followed the instructions for how to build it on the mac perfectly

What am I doing wrong? And if possible, are there any other tutorials for OpenGL for Mac users?

>no new ip
>flood of linux questions while also attempt to get in to argumentation about linux distros

someone really needs a life

You know exactly what I was asking proof for, cunt

You claimed they put spyware in UBuntu post 15.04. Those articles are earlier than 2015. You dumb fucking cunt. Kill yourself for real. I'm not even trying to defend Canonical here, I think they are cunts too, but you're a fucking lying cunt, so that's even worse.

google.com/search?q=does ubunty spy on you 2016&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/01/ubuntu-online-search-feature-disabled-16-04

>16.04
>january 8 2016
>2016

my laptop hp dv6 got a whitescreen how to fix? I think the problem is the cable behund the screen but cant open it up feels like itll break.

What is Openbox?

What the fuck is wrong with my Lenovo shitbox?

>still no new IP

clean it, compressor blowing is the best
dissasemble and reapply thermal is the best but takes time and is always a risk
if temp does not change ever then the sensor is dead

So you were lying here then >funny, i just googled it and apparently they still do spy

Next time remember people will call you out on your lies and you will end up looking like a bitch

>You claimed they put spyware in UBuntu post 15.04. Those articles are earlier than 2015. You dumb fucking cunt. Kill yourself for real.

>16.04
>2016

;))))

The spyware was removed in 15.04. The stuff they removed in 16.04 wasn't spyware you fucking illiterate nigger. L2fuckingread.

>Ubuntu ‘Spyware’ Will Be Disabled In Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

>spyware

same

Is windows 10 worth the upgrade? I'm getting mixed results for game performance and other general performance.

yeah
wait for anniversary release and do clean install with that

>windows 10
Spy shit.
You should stop using windows in general.

>clickbait headlines means it's a fact

shh, calm down and think about your virginity

>In currently supported versions of Ubuntu the Dash sends search queries the user enters to a remote web server run by Canonical, the company behind Ubuntu.

>software that enables a user to obtain covert information about another's computer activities by transmitting data covertly from their hard drive.

sounds like spyware to me

"college algebra" for people who are really shit at math is a thing

what are you talking about?
Do you hate yourself?

>search queries
>hard drive

Should I learn Ada?

I dont know it
so I am going with No

Can I use a power supply that's only sold in Yurop here in America? Is there anything different about them due to differing voltage/outlets?

PSU in question

overclockers.co.uk/super-flower-leadex-platinum-750w-fully-modular-80-plus-platinum-power-supply-white-ca-045-sf.html

Found this, user

github.com/boltdb/bolt

I think things are still relatively new in KV database land so probably just see what leddit's using

try asking on jonnyguru forums or keep googling for 230V vs 120V

I need to transfer all my files (no programs) to a new pc what would be the best software to do this?

Anyone here have experience with Kindle paperwhites? Interested in getting an e-reader.

fuck those "big browsers" they are so bloated. BUT cant use those chill smaller browsers (like midori) cause of the fucking title bar. What do?

its good, you can get it

>implying cartoonists know anything about higher education

depends. how much self-respect do you have? are you a masochist?

is there any program that will let me batch resize mp4 videos?

How can I unlock a device locked with screen locking pattern?

Is there any way to get IPs with a virtual location? Who do I contact? Do I need a company or can I get this service as an individual?

How do I hack?

How do I fix my fucking phone?!

It's riddled with disease. There's malware written into the system files, so a factory reset didn't do shit.

Buying parts to build my first rig, but one thing I'm afraid of is the mobo with that BIOS error shit, what the fuck do I do if I get that? I don't have any other rig. Mobo is MSI X99A SLI KRAIT EDITION ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard, if that helps.

Where am I fucking up in pcpartpicker.com/list/TVYZRG? It's my first build and want to make sure I'll get something I'll regret.

I'll be honest, I don't like the look of the case (seems too flashy), I just don't know what other ones would still fit everything.

Yeah I was thinking either Bolt or etcd

Fuck, I DON"T want to get something I'll regret.

I'm learning C++ and I want to learn how to use graphics with my programs... I've tried downloading OpenGL from several tutorials but it doesn't seem to be working correctly (running OS X)

Are there any other libraries I can use or any good tutorials?

>install gentoo
>echo off
>del sys 31

try harder. what phone?

put a different OS on it. reformat it and start from actual scratch.

look around at more cases if you dont like yours numbnuts

Please help me. My SQlite database is broken what do I wrong???

const char* statement = "select * from locales where time_format = '??/??/?? ??:??:??'";
return_code = sqlite3_exec(db, statement, 0, 0 &err_message);

When I use the statement in the command line, everything is okay. But the C program does not find the value. Please help!

Your database is clearly not broken, you just don't know C

huh

use a lightweight fork of firefox and stop being so fucking stupid.