Full-sized around ear
Detachable cable
Impedance shouldn't be too high. I don't want to carry an amp everywhere I go

Sennheiser HD 558
or
Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
or something else?

I will be listening to Type 2-5 most of the time

Thank god my parents are leaving me a house for a year so I wont have to wear headclamps anymore.

I still love my denon d5000, would get the equivalent Fostexes as an easy to drive headphone

HD558 and DT990 are open headphones, meaning they leak sound. HD558 is easier to drive.

Sound leaks are okay. I already have closed AKGs for quiet situations

thanks user that helps me decide somewhat whether to stay with the lcd 2 or not
The headphones come in tomorrow so I guess as long as I can wear them and I enjoy the sound more than my Hd600s I'll keep them
thank you very much user
xoxo

Should I sell my HD 600 and my bottle head crack and just buy some audeze LCD-2's to use with my iDAC2?

HD600 is the best open headphone in production and it's surely better than the Audeze.

someone last thread suggested
hje120. they look alright and for 6 bucks wtf do you expect, right?

I'm not most sure about that
I did a comparison with the audeze.
They are much more bassy for sure. Soundstage is a bit wider. And jazz sounded so much better with them

>Budget
70-120 USD
>Location
USA
>Source
SMSL M2 DAC if I ever get it to not suck ass.
>Preferred type of headphone
Looking for IEMS
>Open or closed
IEMS
>Comfort level
Would like something that doesn't stick out
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral or Bassy
>Past headphones
ETYMOTIC

My Etymotic are just about to die and I'd like to get something with a removable cable.

Looking at either Shure SE215s, AT ATH-IM50s or MEE audio M6 pros.

Any comments?

Subjective. I never heard any Audeze headphone that sounded good. I wish I could hear the LCD-1, that's pretty neutral.

Anything but SE215.

Xiaomi Hybrids

I've owned thousands of dollars in IEMs.

Nothing is more comfortable than the HJE120 and it's only $6.

Not a headphones question, but what's a good 50-80 dollars speaker set for a desktop?

i've only ever had 2 pairs of stereo headphones, Sony MDR-V6 and Audio Technica ATH-M50x's.

I was looking at some cheaper models from the wiki (monoprice DJ and the superlux hd 668b). Is there a significant difference in sound between these types of headphones? i am a pleb who will be using them mostly to listen to music from my laptop and for some gaming

I heard the LCD-4's at AXPONIA
They were my favorite headphones showcased there.
Too bad for the price tag :'^(

>The you will never line to own a pair of LCD-4's
Why live Sup Forums

MB42.
The Superlux is better.

is there a significant sound difference between the superlux and audio technicas? i dont really care about the money, I just want something that sounds good and will last a while

Superlux is open, Audio-Technica is closed, they have a different sound signature, the Audio-Technica has more bass. What happened to your V6 and M50x?

>tfw I will never own LCD-4

Feelsgoodman. They are overpriced and measures like shit.

If HD600 is too bright for you, you'd certainly enjoy LCD-2. I know I don't, LCD-2 is not much different from the LCD-4 in terms of sound.

v6 cord broke several years ago. the latch on the right ear of my m50x just broke a couple days ago. it is not a repairable break; i would take a picture but my phone is ass. anything you can recommend in the 50-150 price range that is closed? should I just rebuy the m50s?

ATH-IM50 is bassy.
SE215 is really bassy.
M6 pro was bassy IIRC.
IM50 probably has the most rugged build, but it is more bulky than the other sets.

>I wish I could hear the LCD-1
I could have bought the set off that vintage obsessed furfag, but I didn't expect it to be good.
>pretty neutral
There are probably a couple of fixes that should be made to that headphone, such as minimizing baffle leak. Otherwise generally competent.

>Audio eXPO North America (AXPONA)
As for the LCD-4, eh...
The sensitivity is poor, the glossy grills are a grease magnet, and the mass is high. I've never found a headphone response I liked stock.

I have an ATH-MSR7 but it gets unconfortable with extended usage (about 3 hours). I replaced the pads with the Brainwavz HM5 pads and its a million times more confortable, but the bass line was completely destroyed.

Any other good Closed Cans headphones under 300$ that has swappable 3.5mm cable? (no chinese producst please)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, seriously.

amazon.com/beyerdynamic-DT-770-Pro-ohm/dp/B0016MNAAI

DT770 Pro 80ohm.

Get PM-3 pham. I found MSR7 to be pretty shit in both sound and comfort.

Disagree on comfort, but I guess the sound is fine.

PM3 comfort is not exactly great either. It's a small headphone, and small headphones mean less room for pads and frame.
PM3 is bassier and not less leak prone itself. It's a matter of taste and such.

do the dt770's need an amp or will they work with computers/listening devices? reviews are unclear

I seriously wanted the OPPOs but i have a gigantic bias against anything that is both manufactured and developed in china. If its a US/European company, that manufactures in china, OK. But if its both designed and made in China, Nope.

This is not direcly related to audio. My previous job required me to live in china for 2 years and i got to see how companies work there and that was the reason of me quitting. Its a life motto. Dont trust china.

>Disagree on comfort, but I guess the sound is fine.
Funnily, I dislike the sound, it's a bit muffled. But I haven't tried anything that's more comfortable and has lower microphonics. It's the only IEM that I can tolerate without a shirt clip.

Can you name some IEMs that are more comfortable in your experience?

>PM3 comfort is not exactly great either. It's a small headphone, and small headphones mean less room for pads and frame.
PM3 is bassier and not less leak prone itself. It's a matter of taste and such.

It's entirely subjective, I'm aware of the PM-3's small pads being a problem for those with larger ears but the MSR7 puts pressure on the top of my skull, I found it really uncomfortable and it's odd since I can tolerate many headphones. On the sound signature of both headphones, the PM-3 has much more bass but the mids and highs are more accurate, the MSR7 sounds a bit recessed around the mids and lower treble and a bit bright around the 9kHz area.

Hai there

It doesn't need an amp.

Dude, it's fine, it feels really premium too, only problem I can think is if you've got large ears. I consider mine to be normal sized.

I have the same issue with the MSR7, and it got fixed by bending a bit the headpiece (just put the headphones on a pillow for a day or two) and addind the HM5's pads (almost double the size of the standard)

BUT, the MSR7 have a bright sound signature, not bassy at all, and the HM5 pads completely kill whatever bass was left there.

The sound is a bit lackluster, the DT250 is a better alternative but suffers from shit channel matching on both the 80ohm and 250ohm editions.

The nicest thing I can recall is the Westone 2. Tiny shells that are easily inserted, with a wide cable angle to make over-ear fit easier. Sound is not so award winning.
Tried the refreshed Westone line, and I don't like the changes that they made to its ergonomics and construction.

>MSR7
The upper midrange/low treble has a drop, maybe a little bit around the upper-bass/low mid transition. There's a local peak somewhere around 9 kHz like you say, but if the lower treble were more filled in, it wouldn't come across as a peak.
For the PM3, I hear PM3 as having similar issue issues as MSR7, but with more bass.

Which ones and why?

i have the 250 ohm version of the dt990 pro and i dont need any amp (not even when i use them with my ipod / iphone) but i bought an amp and they sound even better now

9500 if your budget is low
Fidelios if your budget allows it

The fidelio is an upgrade over the 9500, and a huge one.

Get the hd600's if the price is close to the x2's. Much better headphone.

How much should I consider if I want a used HD 600? A guy last thread scored a X2 at 150 bucks, which I never see for HD600.

I had a W1 for a while, sound wasn't that great, felt rolled off at both ends. Not a fan of around-ear design, but it's much better than Shure's SE design however.

When I first got the PM-3 I found it too warm and too bassy but it grew on me. It's one headphone I don't mind stepping outside with as well.

Maybe the bass makes these issues less noticeable. The MSR7 did sound a bit thin at times too, makes me wonder if they are leaky.

I'm from the UK so i'm not sure, the hd600 is $110 more than the x2 on amazon.com, I actually thought they'd be closer in price than that. Get a used but good condition hd600 if you can. They're near perfect and the only headphone i've never felt the need to EQ.

Nobody sells their HD600s because they are perfect ;)

Lol I was wondering that myself, I just checked ebay and there are no used ones.

>The sensitivity is poor, the glossy grills are a grease magnet, and the mass is high. I've never found a headphone response I liked stock.

Are you part of the audiophile scene. Jesus, you've heard a lot of headphones. Do you smile and give them positive impressions but keep your thoughts to yourself?

Bought HD558 for 50 euros brand new, is the mod a meme for them or does it actually increase and make them sound far superior than before?

Have you made the same request for something like the last half dozen /hpg/ threads?

been wanting to get into the audio game. are m6 pro's and a fiio x1 a good place to start? I currently listen to music on my nexus 6 with xiaomi piston 3

meme.

Oh and does the burn in period a real thing aswell or just another meme by Sup Forums?

stick with the nexus 6 and piston 3

DAPs are a meme.

meme

Do you say "Mellon" every time you turn it on?

Objectivists say meme, subjectivists say depends on the headphone.

Why are all IEMs really bassy?

And for the last question in regards of the HD 558, I'll mainly use them for music/gaming, do I need any DAC/AMP, a few people has said to me that most motherboards only output 32 ohm's, and that these headphones use 50, so if I for an example make it max sound, it'll sound like shit and the sound waves will flatten out or someshit.

They aren't. Only the cheap ones are as most consumers prefer a bit of a v-shape. I believe it is because human audio perception is a bit weak in the upper treble and lower bass regions.

>n you name some IEMs that are more comfortable
Although pretty shit the Bose IEMs are really comfy.

I don't have a choice m8, it doesn't work otherwise.

I got a pair of HD 598 SE's for 109 cdn on amazon prime day, my first pair of open back headphones. I thought it was a pretty sweet deal.

How often do you use IEMs? What kind do you have? Do you like them? More than your Headphones?

>Budget
Around $150 CDN
>Location
Canada
>Source
Mainly for use with my desktop, but could be used on my phone sometimes.
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Closed I think. I am in a quiet room, but sometimes there are people in here that I don't want hearing the sound leakage.
>Comfort level
I need something that I can wear for hours.
>Preferred tonal balance
Not too sure about this one really.
>Past headphones
SoundMagic E10
TurtleBeach X12 (What I wanna replace)

Would mostly be using these headphones for gaymin, anime and listening to rock, folk and jpop stuff.

Not all are.

No you don't, this is the most retarded shit I've read all day.

When I'm consuming media on my smartphone and I want to block external noise. I use ER-4PT. They're just as good as my headphones.

MDR-7506 or MDR-V6.

Canada gets cucked with prices.

Are you against using an amp for ~40 ohm headphones? or is it a more "it's not a huge deal" kinda thing?

>How often do you use IEMs?
Nearly daily.

>What kind do you have?
MA750

>Do you like them?
They are great.

>More than your Headphones?
Not more than my HD650.

Thanks for answering my autistic questions and sorry at the same time.

Yeah, I am aware of how shitty Canadian prices are right now...

Out of those, would you say the MDR-V6 is better?

How are the k702 these days in comparison for 90℅ of the time playing fps

>Budget
70-150
>Location
USA
>Source
Gaming, movies.
Full
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Long hours usage
>Preferred tonal balance
Clear with some bass
>Past headphones
Some 200 dollar razor 7.1 that I got for 60 bux.
>side note
I wouldn't mind buying an amp either. So a total of 250 I'll spent max

studio professional phones

why would you want these for comfort listening

Weekly now, occasionally daily when I'm on the move. ER-4S are the ones I use and I like them very much. Leaving the response stock I like them better than any of my headphones.

Not that user but your question makes no sense and shows complete lack of understanding of impedance as well as sound in general.

Nothing outputs Ohms, "max sound" doesn't mean anything specific, sounding like shit is subjective and sound waves flattening out is just... what. DAC is completely irrelevant here.

Why would you think they should be any different? What is a "studio professional (head)phone"?

>Budget
300€
>Location
Germany
>Source
Iphone 6
>Preffered type of Headset
Noise cancelling for flights
>Open or closed
It has to be closed then I guess
>Comfort level
Should be fairly comfy, since I want to were them for a couple of hours while flying

Sound quality isnt that much of an issue for me since Im fairly "casual" listener. Thanks in advance

Here's what, buy the headphones, use them with whatever you have. The HD558 are very efficient headphones. Ignore the impedance rating.

BUT the HD558 can benefit from an amp because of their impedance response, this is different from the rating that I mentioned earlier. If you can, order something like a FiiO E10K to try it with the HD558, if it makes no difference, return it.

>BUT the HD558 can benefit from an amp because of their impedance response
Or alternatively the user with the HD 558s could just learn to EQ assuming there is a problem with the voltage division in the first place.

Opinions on Bose SoundTrue?

>Sound quality isnt that much of an issue for me since Im fairly "casual" listener

You shouldn't be looking to spend up to 300€ then.

Get the dt770 80 ohms version.

>Weekly now, occasionally daily when I'm on the move. ER-4S are the ones I use and I like them very much. Leaving the response stock I like them better than any of my headphones.
When the SR and XR go live on amazon I'm gonna blow $700 on them. RIP wallet.

>MA750
I see these shilled here by you more than likely alone. Are they only behind ears? How is the build quality? How is the sound? Did you get them from amazon?

>Budget
$210
>Location
US
>Source
HTC 10
To be used in university, considering IEM so that I may bike with them on. Full back closed would be usable for the bus but I will probably start using my own car now too so just biking around campus and enjoying the headphones in the libraries/study areas.
>Open or closed
Closed.
>Comfort level
Good, nothing stupid which also happen to look autistic.
>Preferred tonal balance
I don't know, don't even listen to enough music but will download some more to expand the library.
>Past headphones
Sennheiser PC 363d, these are nice because they offer decent sound on a gaming product. The clarity of music is really nice, notes and vocals hit hard and clear whether it's Stravinsky or some Jpop shit I downloaded recently.

>Budget
$100
>Location
US
>Source
desktop, laptop, phone
over-ear
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
11/10
>Preferred tonal balance
flexible
>Past headphones
Grado SR60i only ones of note

I'm looking for a good $100 pair of headphones (more if you know of something killer, hard limit at $200) that's efficient, closed back with good isolation, and is just a good all around headphone. Preferably with a removable cable, but as long as the default isn't retarded, I'll accept attached.

Bose makes the best noise cancelling headphones. Just get whatever fits your price range and preferences.

>DT770 for flights

lolno

Don't bike with IEMs, son. Don't wanna see you get in an accident. Anyway, MDR-7506 is what I recommend.

If you want ANC(which actually is super nice on flights), get the QC25 or if you want to blow even more money, QC35. Both are excellent for what they do as long as you run them in active mode.

MDR-V6 or MDR-7506.

Overpriced, but really comfortable and a pretty flat sound signature. Good isolation too. If you can get a deal I'd say they're a good buy.

Go to the mall

Try the Quiet Comfort 20 IEM in the fancy electronics store or whatever

amazon.com/Bose-QuietComfort-Acoustic-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B00X9KV0HU

This has some real noise cancelling power without having to probe your ear, so better comfort. Very expensive though.

Same thing, different internal wiring but doesn't make a difference in sound, just get whichever is cheaper.

Why not?

Should be alright.

>budget
$60
>location
U.S.
>source
phone or audio interface via 1/4" jack, I have a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter
>type
IEMs or on-ears
>comfort level
Something I could wear for 2hrs straight without my ears feeling too soar
>tonal preference
Balanced or with slightly boosted bass
>past headphones
Ostry kc06 and brainwavz s5

What do you suggest?

They should be great for positional awareness etc but the bass is lacking. Accurate headphones but not very fun. Also some effects will sound harsh/piercing (near sniper shots in bf4 for example)

PX 200 II

Thanks for the correction, user.
What cans are you listening to currently?

Hah, sounds like the W1 to me.
The W2 isn't missing its low end, but the treble range is mostly shelved down. At least it makes sound up 18-20 kHz. It still sounds like WBFK treble though, if you know the various TWFK IEMs (CK10, DBA02/B2, VC1000, GR01, q-jays, R50, etc.).

>Are you part of the audiophile scene.
Do I go to trade shows and serve as a member of audiophile clubs?
Several meets/events last year, but I didn't go the AES convention and local events, and the local Head-Fi meet that passed last month. I don't think I will be attending any events in the near future.
>Jesus, you've heard a lot of headphones
I don't think I've said anything that indicates that, but maybe a couple hundred sets. I'm not sure, I don't bother counting.
I do make some effort to listen to sets that other people might find interesting.
>Do you smile and give them positive impressions but keep your thoughts to yourself?
Oh dear.
There's always something wrong about the sound of every headphone.
While I don't always say everything I think, I don't only have bad impressions about headphones. It also makes for something to talk about with the salesperson or owner.

Not to bash sennhieser and I know sound is more important then looks but these look like something that would come with a portable dvd player package deal

Not >Are they only behind ears?
Yes
>How is the build quality?
The metal parts are good oc, but the cable is terrible!
I'm on my way to ruin my second pair with normal use.
>How is the sound?
Neutral to my ears. They does not scale well as they start distorting at higher volumes. But that is at damaging volumes.
>Did you get them from amazon?
nope

yeah, just trying to find the most common opinion.

Is hd600 end game? You have $500 to spend on amazon, is that what you buy? What dac/amp?

Why does simulated 5.1 on headphones sound so weird sometimes but "better" in others?

I don't use it often but once in a while I turn it on just to see what it's like and it can vary from a disgusting echoing mess to an actual improvement over what I heard before.

>I see these shilled here by you more than likely alone.
They are a popular set of IEMs. Check IF's Wall of Fame or most audio enthusiast forums and you'll see them "shilled."

>Are they only behind ears?
Yes. They have a light memory wire.

>How is the build quality?
Pretty solid. The enclosures are stainless steel. The strain relief on the cables are sturdy. The cables are about twice as beefy as other IEMs (see pic comparing them to my old GR07) and the plug is nice and chunky.

>Did you get them from amazon?
Yes.

>Budget
>Source
Galaxy S5, O2+ODAC
Preferably IEMS, but I know at this price point that's unlikely
>Open or closed
Closed, and isolating
>Comfort level
Something I can wear for a couple hours without it being painful
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral (a little bass is good)
>Past headphones
Hifiman RE-400(lost yesterday), HD 600, HD 558 (old)

I just lost my RE-400s driving across the country the other day and I'd like a relatively cheap replacement to hold me over till I get another pair (they're fantastic for the price).

Something that I can get at a local store would be great, it doesn't have to be top notch, I just want a decent throwaway that won't drive me crazy and ideally has good isolation.